Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thank you SOE and LA

ShucklesShuckles Member Posts: 158

After all that happened to SWG, and after trying Battlefront II...I just have to take a moment and thank both SOE and LA...I will never buy anything from either again.

George Lucas is an idiot.

I just bought new TV, new stereo, lots of new games...and I am enjoying all of them immensely.  Not a SONY, SOE, or LA in my house now.  Feeld good...like quit smoking good.

Feels good to get that off my chest.

You may now resume your normal forum browsing.

Comments

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by Shuckles

After all that happened to SWG, and after trying Battlefront II...I just have to take a moment and thank both SOE and LA...I will never buy anything from either again.

I just bought new TV, new stereo, lots of new games...and I am enjoying all of them immensely.  Not a SONY, SOE, or LA in my house now.  Feeld good...like quit smoking good.

That is irrelevent.

Not only does George Lucas have nothing to do with SoE, SWG, LucasArts or Battlefront II, but never has had anything to do with the games. He signed over/sold all of his rights and powers over starwars to various people years and years ago, the only thing hes done with starwars in the past 20 years is write the scripts for 1-3 and direct them, and gets paid for that. Hes stil pulling in royalties from the origional trilogy, and thats it.

On a different note, you are enjoying all of youre new household items because they arent Sony like you say, because you arent having to take them back up to the store for replacement.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Originally posted by Spathotan

That is irrelevent.

Not only does George Lucas have nothing to do with SoE, SWG, LucasArts or Battlefront II, but never has had anything to do with the games. He signed over/sold all of his rights and powers over starwars to various people years and years ago, the only thing hes done with starwars in the past 20 years is write the scripts for 1-3 and direct them, and gets paid for that. Hes stil pulling in royalties from the origional trilogy, and thats it.

On a different note, you are enjoying all of youre new household items because they arent Sony like you say, because you arent having to take them back up to the store for replacement.

Yeah I noticed that about Sony stuff.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

That is irrelevent.Not only does George Lucas have nothing to do with SoE, SWG, LucasArts or Battlefront II, but never has had anything to do with the games. He signed over/sold all of his rights and powers over starwars to various people years and years ago, the only thing hes done with starwars in the past 20 years is write the scripts for 1-3 and direct them, and gets paid for that. Hes stil pulling in royalties from the origional trilogy, and thats it.On a different note, you are enjoying all of youre new household items because they arent Sony like you say, because you arent having to take them back up to the store for replacement.

Actually if you look it up he is still chairman of the board of directors for LEC. I looked it up about 4 months ago out of morbid curiousity. Now how active of a role he takes in that position is another story and anyone's guess.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Originally posted by Fadeus

That is irrelevent.Not only does George Lucas have nothing to do with SoE, SWG, LucasArts or Battlefront II, but never has had anything to do with the games. He signed over/sold all of his rights and powers over starwars to various people years and years ago, the only thing hes done with starwars in the past 20 years is write the scripts for 1-3 and direct them, and gets paid for that. Hes stil pulling in royalties from the origional trilogy, and thats it.On a different note, you are enjoying all of youre new household items because they arent Sony like you say, because you arent having to take them back up to the store for replacement.

Actually if you look it up he is still chairman of the board of directors for LEC. I looked it up about 4 months ago out of morbid curiousity. Now how active of a role he takes in that position is another story and anyone's guess.

If thats so, then all he is doing is managing the day to day actions of the company. He has absolotely no say-so over what does and dosent happen, he is basically the company clerk/secretary. Chairman is an often confused title as it gives the hint of "top dog". Its just an elected/hand picked person designated to making sure everybody is doing their jobs and things run smooth.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778

I actually wonder if George Lucas has anything to do with the game. I know LA does but does George actually take the time to care? Doubtful. Besides the first series os Star Wars movies were excellent for their time, too bad the second set couldn't live up to the first though.. Thats my 2 credits.
  • RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by maxanto

I actually wonder if George Lucas has anything to do with the game. I know LA does but does George actually take the time to care? Doubtful. Besides the first series os Star Wars movies were excellent for their time, too bad the second set couldn't live up to the first though.. Thats my 2 credits.

Even before ep3, George himself said in the interviews, he's sick of SW, and he wants nothing to do with it anymore.

For him it's just a revenue stream now, and one handled by completely different people.
  • blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540

The Scripts for Episode 1-3 were crap i thought.

The characters and script in 4-6 were better. It didnt sounds scripted. I would say Episode 3 was the worst Script of them all. It was as if they were just reading very basic lines

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by tillamook

At the risk of being forum lynched here...

My 10+ year old Magnavox TV finally died on me about 6 months ago.  I borrowed my parents old 15+ year old Sony TV.  It worked just fine.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529
    Come on.. I knew George jumped the shark when i saw Episode 1. Thought he'd find a clue by 3, but to no avail.

The Ewoks should have tipped me off.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

Originally posted by KenshuAni

Originally posted by tillamook

At the risk of being forum lynched here...

My 10+ year old Magnavox TV finally died on me about 6 months ago.  I borrowed my parents old 15+ year old Sony TV.  It worked just fine.

That TV was made before or right when the Playstation came out. It was made during a time when Sony still had two shits worth of brains, and they wernt dilued with thoughts and ideas of console godness which will never pay off.

— Boba Fett

• suskesuske Member Posts: 714

That is irrelevent.

oh please. everyone knows ol' GL sits on star wars I.P. like a hawk. it's his cash cow.
  • ValgurdValgurd Member Posts: 28

I actually wonder if George Lucas has anything to do with the game. I know LA does but does George actually take the time to care? Doubtful.

George Lucas: Thanks for all the nice words you have to say about myself and Star Wars. It means so much coming from such a loyal fan. I can say that Episode 7 will happen eventually. As for Star Wars Galaxies, I don’t have any involvement with the way that video game operates. Sony handles all the details with that video game. I don’t visit message boards, but I’m sure the people at Sony are listening to the concerns that the fans have. The profits from Star Wars Galaxies are enormous. As long as we keep making excessive earnings, I will be satisfied. Please keep playing the video game.

http://www.supershadow.com/starwars/lucas/

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642

OK , I have at least targeted my dislike , Lucas is cool ( Saw him in person - THANKS SOE ) and Most of the other LA games are ok ( Julio has been hanging out with SOE to long , he has turned to the dork side)

Alot of Sony Stuff is ok , or as far as I am concerned about half of it.   But if boycott makes you happy then go for it , Just last year I boycotted all Pespi resteraunts when Pizza hut tried to sell 3 /pizza ingame on EQ2 and I am healthier and better for it and save two visit to a taco bell in the past 7 months I still do not go to Pepsi Restaurants .

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778

Originally posted by Rekrul

Originally posted by maxanto

Even before ep3, George himself said in the interviews, he's sick of SW, and he wants nothing to do with it anymore.

For him it's just a revenue stream now, and one handled by completely different people.

That is a load of dingo's kidneys... prove he said that.
  • KylrathinKylrathin Member Posts: 426

Originally posted by Valgurd

I actually wonder if George Lucas has anything to do with the game. I know LA does but does George actually take the time to care? Doubtful.

George Lucas: Thanks for all the nice words you have to say about myself and Star Wars. It means so much coming from such a loyal fan. I can say that Episode 7 will happen eventually. As for Star Wars Galaxies, I don’t have any involvement with the way that video game operates. Sony handles all the details with that video game. I don’t visit message boards, but I’m sure the people at Sony are listening to the concerns that the fans have. The profits from Star Wars Galaxies are enormous. As long as we keep making excessive earnings, I will be satisfied. Please keep playing the video game.

Supershadow is one of the biggest liars I've ever seen.  Most of the stuff he puts on his site is random thoughts he thinks people want to hear.  Nothing he's said has ever been verified.

There's a sucker born every minute. - P.T. Barnum

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    If he's sick of SW, he has a crazy way of showing it. I think he's directly involved with one of the new SW television shows coming out (was it the clone wars one or the live action?) and he's working on the 3-D editions at the moment.

Regardless, he's still an idiot. And between him and this whole Galaxies mess, it's getting real hard to support Star Wars.

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by Kylrathin

Originally posted by Valgurd

Supershadow is one of the biggest liars I've ever seen.  Most of the stuff he puts on his site is random thoughts he thinks people want to hear.  Nothing he's said has ever been verified.

I never saw that site before, but after looking briefly at it, I have to agree that it is false.  First thing I noticed was Lucas talking about how they could get the original actors in the game.  Actually, Harrison Ford had to be sweet talked into coming back for episode VI, he wanted Han Solo to die a heroic death (as per documentary on DVD).  I really don't see him acting in any Episode VII.
  • SODAofBRIASODAofBRIA Member Posts: 351

Originally posted by KenshuAni 
    Actually, Harrison Ford had to be sweet talked into coming back for episode VI, he wanted Han Solo to die a heroic death (as per documentary on DVD).  I really don't see him acting in any Episode VII.

I doubt that he would come back for another episode, but money talks and bullshit walks...

"Sweet talked" is industry terminology for "We gave him more money".

I doubt that George does an episode 7...He might pass it on to someone else though. I think that would be the best thing for the series. Lucas did a great job with the original three, but the new trilogy is just plain stupid. It's for little kids.

Pass it off to someone with balls.

Love, Sodapop

• FreelancerA4FreelancerA4 Member Posts: 145
    I think its best that Star Wars in its cinema form dies with Lucas. I have no problem with the novels and games continuing, but allowing the franchise to be handed off dilutes it. Look at what happened to Star Trek. It ended up in the hands to two guys who destroyed the franchise.

• mindspatmindspat Member Posts: 1,367

Originally posted by blondeh

The Scripts for Episode 1-3 were crap i thought.
    The characters and script in 4-6 were better. It didnt sounds scripted. I would say Episode 3 was the worst Script of them all. It was as if they were just reading very basic lines

oH blondeh, why wont you hold me like you did when we were on Naboo...

Supershadow.com is the biggest pile of shit on the internet, hands down. That guy claims he was in Episode 3, Lucas has scripts for 7, 8 and 9, he has a "well thought out" list of characters in the Star Wars universe and their "force rankings", and he has a nice little made up "Q & A section, its all pathetic. The site was shut down a few months before Episode 3 was released because he had so much spoiler bullshit up there, but about a month after the movie came out in theaters it was back online.

Id believe anybody on this planet outside political leaders before I do that supershadow guy.

— Boba Fett

• Blaze323232Blaze323232 Member Posts: 196

That is irrelevent.

the thread starter was pretty useless and pointless and irrlevant to anything so yup : )

HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST!

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    I can forgive Lucas for making three horrific Star Wars prequels, but when he butchered (re-mastered) EP 4-6 I went into a rabid psychotic rage. Just when you think he can't sink any lower he turns around and suprises you everytime! I'm certain that the "scripts" for EP1-3 were plagerised from some Australian daytime soap opera that never got past the pilot episode!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by Agricola1
    I can forgive Lucas for making three horrific Star Wars prequels, but when he butchered (re-mastered) EP 4-6 I went into a rabid psychotic rage. Just when you think he can't sink any lower he turns around and suprises you everytime! I'm certain that the "scripts" for EP1-3 were plagerised from some Australian daytime soap opera that never got past the pilot episode!

Yes, blame the Australians!

• ebenholtebenholt Member Posts: 312
    I just love the stereotype Aussie in Bad Taste!

"There are two kinds of spurs, my friend. Those that come in by the door; those that come in by the window"