Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My honest review of Trickster Online.

This is based on the

Japanese version of Trickster.

First of all, you move your character around by pointing and clicking. It has a little lag as well, just like RO... To fight monsters, you just left click them and wait for the fight to be over. Drilling? Oh please. It's not even a fraction of the fun I imagined it to be in the first place. And card battling is based entirely on luck. The PvP? You have to dig up items in order to enter an arena, and you can spam potions all you want. There really isn't that much skill involved, and your character attacks relatively slow at the beginning. Leveling after level 8 gets harder and you will start to feel the grind kicking in. When night arrives, which takes about 35 minutes after day arrives, you have very limited vision which, although realistic, does not benefit your character at all. This is when I got bored... All you do is attack monsters and wait for them to die, then loot them and do it some more. You'll get bored of cards, drilling, PvP, and attacking monsters pretty soon. There isn't anything to see here. If you make it all the way to 50 or 60 just to advance your job, then you must be pretty desparate. Seriously, I can't believe that I was actually hyped for this game. There's nothing to see here. If you don't believe this, then when Game N Game releases the English version, you shall see for yourself. I might have had more fun playing Maple Story.

Comments

• BladinBladin Member UncommonPosts: 1,089
    Isn't killing stuff generally the entire purpose behind all mmogs?  Even with side things like crafting, rping, trading, when it comes down to it, most games are all about the combat.

And grinding?  What do you want? Fast leveling and then your at the end then to stand around all day doing nothing or going out and pvping(which is just as boring as grinding after awhile, really it is).  I know people will jump over me for this and say "leveling doesnt have to be a chore!! it should be easy to level"... well go play wow, its pretty dang easy to level... and god damn is level 60 boring.

But besides that...

I havent personally tried drilling, but the video of it makes it look like... drilling? Ionno what to say here its drilling in the ground what did you expect?

Card battles generally are luck based... not sure on how it works but what card game hasn't been based on luck?

The PvP complaint sounds valid... youch, well at least you can pvp at all, you couldn't in ro for quite awhile

The night/day thing could be annoying i'll have to see where it plays out.

The videos of the combat that i've seen don't look overly exciting but it looks to suit my taste just fine.

Seems to me like you were just expecting a different type of game... but just my opinion

• Thekobe8Thekobe8 Member Posts: 57
    lol this game has a max lvl of 200+ so i really doubt that at lvl 8 you start feeling the grind since you still have over 200 more levels to go. since you are playing a foreign version, you should do quests (impossible unless you know japanese), fight higher levels monsters that give more exp or start partying around. And i'd wait an english game to give a review on a game, since playing other foreign version just gives you a small preview of what the game is all about.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    hm, yeah I was afraid this would happen. people expect too much out of a free to play mmorpg 

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539

Trickster Online: Korean Grindfest Clone #168700732

What did you expect? 

• spizzspizz Member UncommonPosts: 1,971

so in other words: the game suxx especially pvp when u can spam pots

i dont know why but too many shitty games are being released this year , i had already enough from hero online and legend of ares, last chaos crap.

There is only one ARENA for pvp ?

"Isn't killing stuff generally the entire purpose behind all mmogs?  Even with side things like crafting, rping, trading, when it comes down to it, most games are all about the combat."

yes combat, but a good quality mmorpg has good pvp combat and not just pve combat. every mmorpg is based on developing your character to compete with the other players, doing interesting quests, exploring the area and role play your job. but when the pvp system is the smallest part, the game cant be that good. grind and pve is not enough to have a quality mmorpg. of course some pve fanboys exist but i dont think thats the average satsifaction.

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165
    Trickster is a card battling game?

• MyxophobiaMyxophobia Member Posts: 201
    Trickster has a card battle system in it. Sort of like a minigame, but it is based entirely on luck and character level. As I stated in my original post, the higher level you are, the better cards you'll be able to get due to the fact that you can kill higher levelved monsters.