Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gamespy review of SWG!

2»

Comments

• hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329

Yeah TGR guys were whining to Obraik the thing is your guys point is like well they didnt mention this one thing or that. Its kinda like saying yeah the game sucks and 98% is bugged and worthless but they didnt mention the lgeacy quest was fixed !! LOL how dare they lololol. The TGR guys were the same u cant polish a turd now matter how shiny you make and the TGR loves to use buffers and lots wax

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Shayde

Originally posted by KenshuAni

Ok, I'm confused.  Did I understand this quote from the article correctly?
    Even Torres, though, had to acknowledge the magnitude of the changes that the game has undergone. "Late last year we began taking steps to add a great deal of story-driven, directed content to Star Wars Galaxies. At that time, we made some changes to the game, including altering the combat system and streamlining the number of professions from 36 to nine. Although these changes were met with some controversy, they really allowed us to address the main concerns our players have had: gaining profession differentiation, or the chance to feel unique in the universe; getting profession-specific content and storylines; having more Star Wars in the experience, etc."

Did Mr. Torres actually say that the NGE made people unique?!

Yup... he's gone well past the point of knowing what the frak he's saying or making sense long ago.

IRONY FTW!!!!

It is funny even Julio and Nancy are not on the same page.... and seeing him say the NGE is better for diversity just shows the attempted spin at it's best.

He thinks the people playing the NGE are morons and will believe anything said... I tell ya, he would be the first to get fired and I would be one guy that actually would commend SOE/LA for that first move.

So far he has almost single handedly been able to ruin or lie about so much that he should be in politics.

• hargravehargrave Member Posts: 329

Yeah he sure has a god complex thats for sure. How in the hell him or Smed have a job is beyond me seriously and then to still have one after the NGE and restuss is just shocking. I sure hope no one else will hire him if he ever does get the axe ever. All we need is some other game going through this bs

We're sitting in our offices thinking of ways to upset our paying customers. I think were on track to meet that goal.

John Smedley

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

Originally posted by hargrave

Yeah he sure has a god complex thats for sure. How in the hell him or Smed have a job is beyond me seriously and then to still have one after the NGE and restuss is just shocking. I sure hope no one else will hire him if he ever does get the axe ever. All we need is some other game going through this bs

Accountability?

In the CORPORATE WORLD?

You'll find unicorns before you find that.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by Shayde

Originally posted by hargrave

Accountability?

In the CORPORATE WORLD?

You'll find unicorns before you find that.

Rofl... you said Uneeeee- Corn....lol

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

Originally posted by jrscott

From Article: 
    "and partly because loot drops aren't really much better than what certain players can craft themselves."

That statement made me think he did not get the full experience or understand why SWG was a mess.  Isn't the opposite of what he said true?  The whole reason scores of crafters quit was because the loot made them feel useless.  To my knowledge what he said above is only true for Shipwrights on certain pieces.  That statement and the remark about no content for CL 10-50 tarnished the overall credibility of the article.  Plus, between the lines, he advocated directed gameplay over sandbox and implied if SWG had more it would be OK.

Weaponsmith is the only one truly hurt.  Not by loot drops, they all suck compared to what a crafter can make.  It's the quest rewards from Mustafar that outshine them.  Clothing is superior stat wise to what a tailor can make (they can't make any statted clothing), but if you're wearing clothes for appearance value then you wouldn't touch the looted stuff with a 10 foot pole (green and purple shirts anyone?).