Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

worth starting

im looking for a mmorpg is swg worth starting from scratch or is it too dated and dead?

Comments

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778
    If you have never played it I would try the free trial... cause well its free lol.

• jrscottjrscott Member Posts: 1,252

This won't be a popular answer here, but I would tell you it is worth trying.  You may even have fun for the first 2 or 3 months.  I was a long time vet who quit when NGE (New Game Enhancements) hit in 11/2005.  I came back in 3/2006 from sheer boredom, started new characters and had some fun for 3 to 4 months.

I was getting pretty bored after that, as gameplay itself is not challenging or thrilling or strategic.  The only thrill I got was leveling my characters up and once done, I was bored.  Actually, I only got my Jedi to CL 61 and could not bear to go on. (I had a Master Structures Trader ... Shipwright primarily, who was a Rebel Ace Pilot)

Is SWG worth starting from scratch?  I answer you with a question:  Will you be mad 4 months from now because you are now bored and could have spent that time in another game, or will you be happy that you had 3 months of enjoyment?  Answer this question, and I think you have your answer to just about any game out right now.

I realize I said I quit. I never said it was forever :)

• haxxjoohaxxjoo Member Posts: 924
    swg use to be awesome.  Although it has a lot of mindless activities.  You do a lot of trivial stuff.  If you like grinding swg is your puppy.  If you want non-stop spoon fed content um, get wow.