Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game askd for money...

cloudhellcloudhell Member Posts: 1
Can someone make me an acc. or tell me if there is any other free Real Life Online games then : Oz and There?Thx

Comments

• neschrianeschria Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Hmmmm... I didn't have any problem signing up for a free "basic" account.

This is where I draw the line: __________________.

• GwynethGwyneth Member Posts: 66

You don't need anything to join Second Life but a valid email address :)

And free access is for life :)

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
    -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

• ShogooShogoo Member UncommonPosts: 88

Uumm actualy you have to pay $10 to get started after that Its FREE. Unless you want land then it's a monthly fee.

• GwynethGwyneth Member Posts: 66

Shogoo, how long was it since you haven't registered an account? Second Life has been completely for free for several months now!

As a matter of fact, since August 9th, 2005 (almost a year ago!), basic accounts (available for your lifetime) became totally free. I guess you have missed that announcement last year! You still needed a credit card or a PayPal account for identity verification, but not a single cent was charged to your account.

But since June 6th this year, even that restriction was lifted! For two months now, you don't need anything to join Second Life but a valid email address. That's all it takes — 1 minute for filling up a form and selecting your avatar name (as well as a "starting avatar" which you can later change), and that's it: just download the client application (~25 MB for Windows and Linux, ~50 MB for a Mac Universal Binary version), and that's all you need to do to enjoy Second Life!

Although it's true that you need to become a Premium account to own land, you can also rent land from other users instead. There are several possible agreements between landlords and tenants. Of course, if you wish to have your own land — thus effectively hosting 3D content on Linden Lab's grid servers — you'll pay a monthly fee for the privilege of having a space to call your own. Naturally, the more space you need for keeping your objects on display in-world (your house, shop, whatever), the more you pay — just like hosting web space!

"I'm not building a game. I'm building a new country."
    -- Philip "Linden" Rosedale, interview to Wired, 2004-05-08

• jojo_themojojo_themo Member Posts: 6
    Actually you don't even need a valid email address, I doesn't check it. How's that for security?