Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WOW or EQ2

Which is less of a grind WOW or EQ2 I know wow is easy to get to 60 but It is too time consuming at end game. People seem to think it is a casual game but if you are in full T2/AQ and progressing thru naxx chances are you have clocked up like 100+ days of played game time since release. SO is EQ2 less of a grind

Comments

• slapme7timesslapme7times Member Posts: 436

wow, until better games come out...

huxely, WAR, etc all might be replacements if you're bored later...

--people who believe in abstinence are unsurprisingly also some of the ugliest most sexually undesired people in the world.--

• UnrealSWATUnrealSWAT Member Posts: 186
    EQ2 is much better then wow, i got bored of wow after about 1-2 hours then when i went to go on it the next day i was told to wait 134 minutes!!! what a way to scare people away

• ryanmarshallryanmarshall Member Posts: 58
    umm i asked which is more of a grind not which is better. Let me qualify this which is more of a grind at end game.
  • stanfinkstanfink Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by ryanmarshall
    Which is less of a grind WOW or EQ2 I know wow is easy to get to 60 but It is too time consuming at end game. People seem to think it is a casual game but if you are in full T2/AQ and progressing thru naxx chances are you have clocked up like 100+ days of played game time since release. SO is EQ2 less of a grind

neither r any good
  • JoliustJoliust Member Posts: 1,329

I had fun with WoW for a few months.

Sent me an email if you want me to mail you some pizza rolls.

• MouserqMouserq Member Posts: 68

Unless you have a 4 hour block of time 4 days a week to raid, then I would say EQ2. If you do have that time, then I would say WoW. Otherwise, you may fee sleighted when you reach 60 and feel your time spent was sort of wasted because you really don't have any meaningful way of continuing the advancement of that character. I raided in WoW and even that grew tiring. There's really just not that many options for end-game. PvP is a GRIND in every sense of the word and faction grinding also tacks on time not included in your raiding blocks. WoW is most definitely a huge grind once you hit 60. Don't let anyone tell you that there is still non-raiding content at 60. It doesn't progress your character AT ALL and the "casual" epic rewards for rep grinding are nowhere near as good as what you would get raiding.

Basically stay away from WoW nless you have ALOT of time to spend on a mediocre game. It's fun for a while, just not worth the time needed to progress.

Only played EQ2 for a cople months, but I hear that the end-game is much more casual friendly. Keep in mind thought that there have been several mini-xpacks and on major one already.

Stanfink is right though. Why just narrow it down to these 2. The mmo market is so stale right now. I'm actually enjoying EVE at the moment. It is somewhat slow, but it is really ideal for anyone who likes the mmo feeling of accomplishment (oxymoron, I know), but still wants to have a life. I study and do school work in between jumps and my character continues to skill up while I'm at work. 14 day free trial is nice and the community is pretty stand up. But it's a niche game and too slow for some, so this may not be an answer for you. We'll just have to hope that something really good comes out...sometime.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182
    Everquest 2's endgame is roughly the same as WoW's. Everquest 2 is a nice game, but just isn't as good as WoW. altough if you enjoyed WoW, you will most likely enjoy Everquest 2 as well.
  • PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Originally posted by slapme7times

wow, until better games come out...

agreed..
  • nothing2geinnothing2gein Member Posts: 176
    Everquest 2 is less of a bore. It has more depth and more features. More "mature" community (less Chuck Norris, OmG PwnERZZ people). Your system will have to be pretty good to run EQ2 though.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

It will take much longer for you to hit level cap in EQ2 than WoW, espically if you buy Kingdom of Sky which will increase the level cap from 50 to 70, Desert of Flames will increase it from 50 to 60.

Keep in mind I am currently playing both games so my opinion is not biased towards one over the other, now....

If you want to group up for more than just instances, then EQ2 is for you.
    If you want a deep and good crafting system, then EQ2 is for you.
    If you want a guild to actually mean something and net rewards other than raiding, then EQ2 is for you.
    If you dont care about huge oversized glowing weapons and prefer more pratical weaponry and armor, then EQ2 is for you.

If you dont like to group with people, then WoW is for you.
    If you want a simplistic crafting system with no depth, then WoW is for you.
    If you like to raid the same instances over and over at endgame and fight with up to 40 people to decide who gets the few pieces of epic gear that drops, then WoW is for you.
    If you like exotic weapons and armor beyond realism then WoW is for you.
    If you want a casual playstyle, then WoW is for you.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• AcaeusAcaeus Member Posts: 193
    WoW is a fun game for a few months, until you get to the late 40s. EQ2 was unplayable (when I tried) to a casual gamer like myself and I did enjoy EQ1 for few months. Pure grind and the absolute unbareable zoning... Graphics were nice, but game wasn't real casual friendly, unlike WoW in the first 50 levels or so.