Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many People here are still playing....and Why?

2»

Comments

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409
    Because there are no other mmo's out there that interest me atm-and the ones I was looking forward to playing have turned out to be crap.
  • DremvekDremvek Member UncommonPosts: 160

I popped in after NGE went live, and hated it. I hated what they did to my characters, hated learning the new specials, hated pretty much everything about it.

A few weeks ago, I resubscribed again. I started a brand new character. Basically, I started treating it as a whole new game. Completely ignoring my previous conceptions about the old game (admittedly rose-colored, as you tend not to remember the bad things as clearly as the good things), I really have got into the new game. It really is a lot of fun.

Basically, I think that if you compare it to your memories of how it used to be, you'll hate it. However, if you treat it as its own game, you'll like it. Change is hard to swallow - especially as wrenching a change as this was. Keep in mind, though, that a lot of Pre-CU wasn't great either - hologrinding, Doc buffs, everyone in composite armor, meaningless con system, everything can be soloed, rampant botting, and templates that were so common it was almost like having classes anyway. The only things I really miss are CH, BE, and Ranger.

• ShivorEheShivorEhe Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by Dremvek
    A few weeks ago, I resubscribed again. I started a brand new character. Basically, I started treating it as a whole new game. Completely ignoring my previous conceptions about the old game (admittedly rose-colored, as you tend not to remember the bad things as clearly as the good things), I really have got into the new game. It really is a lot of fun.

Yeah, I have thought about that too, if I do indeed sign up again. I sure will miss my old toons though, and all of their cash too

• nthnaounnthnaoun Member Posts: 1,438

Originally posted by FreelancerA4

Originally posted by miichael
    I am currently thinking of  trying a month of it because well I am having fun with the trial and itchin to go further
    and when I logged on today it said "we want you blah blah blah, pay 14.99 for first month and we will give you SWG:Starter kit... so thats now down another 5bucks for it..
    might have to try it out

Just be aware that the game is very different from the one you played in the trial.

How is the game very different. You're just repeating the same line every other hater spews out. I've played the Space station and the regular game. The only difference, besides cities and such was that you were on a space station versus a planet. Same combat, same quality of quests, so what's different really that makes it "very different?"
  • LilTLilT Member Posts: 631
    You people are weak. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaak! :p

Telling people to forget about their past experiences in swg is telling the to do the exact opposite of what an mmo is supposed to be. You are supposed to build communities, get attached to people, get attached to your character, build your characters's skills, items and reputation. What you are not supposed to do is forget all that in an instant and play for the moment. There are other games out there that arent built around long term goals and  i dont appreciate my mmo being turned into one of those.

Sure, i'll forget all about what i used to have in the game and next time they change it for another player base, i'll forget again. We arent goldfish here.

For the Horde!

Originally posted by LilT

Telling people to forget about their past experiences in swg is telling the to do the exact opposite of what an mmo is supposed to be. You are supposed to build communities, get attached to people, get attached to your character, build your characters's skills, items and reputation. What you are not supposed to do is forget all that in an instant and play for the moment. There are other games out there that arent built around long term goals and  i dont appreciate my mmo being turned into one of those.

Sure, i'll forget all about what i used to have in the game and next time they change it for another player base, i'll forget again. We arent goldfish here.

Wait a sec, what are we talking about? I forgot...

Seriously though, none of us forgot, that's why so many of us ex-players are here trolling the forums of a game we no longer play. We are not talking about forgetting the past so much as getting over it and forging NEW memories. Hey, its what we do in life, why not in our make believe personas as well?!?

• iskareotiskareot Member Posts: 2,143

Originally posted by ShivorEhe

Seriously though, none of us forgot, that's why so many of us ex-players are here trolling the forums of a game we no longer play. We are not talking about forgetting the past so much as getting over it and forging NEW memories. Hey, its what we do in life, why not in out make believe personas as well?!?

Except that the guy holding the new memories could screw up a wet dream, yeah other then that sure...

Your forgetting what they did on top of the mistakes and bugs.   Starting with Crafters and moving into smuggling, then onto Jedi.   

See, it is one thing to use "change" as the excuse but it's another when the change is far worse and more of a joke then what you came from.

Do not try to sell me on the idea that the game is fine now and working just peachy...AGAIN, what they destoryed to make what they have was and is a loss.

The ends did not justify the means in this case and now they are feeling it, not to mention looking as bad as ever.

In life you do not allow yourself to be lied to, misslead or if you do then your a poor man or person.   If people in life allowed themselves to be kicked in the teeth that many times then by all means...thats thier own fault.

But as a decent business man, you do NOT do what SOE did to it's clients... Karma sucks...

(On a side note:)  Your friends list will reflect what SOE did to it's playerbase... I know mine did.

• ReachwindReachwind Member Posts: 275

I just like seeing SWG players complain about the state of the game.

I have a "told you so" addiction.

Former SWG beta tester and player

Originally posted by iskareot

Originally posted by ShivorEhe

Seriously though, none of us forgot, that's why so many of us ex-players are here trolling the forums of a game we no longer play. We are not talking about forgetting the past so much as getting over it and forging NEW memories. Hey, its what we do in life, why not in out make believe personas as well?!?

Except that the guy holding the new memories could screw up a wet dream, yeah other then that sure...

Your forgetting what they did on top of the mistakes and bugs.   Starting with Crafters and moving into smuggling, then onto Jedi.   

See, it is one thing to use "change" as the excuse but it's another when the change is far worse and more of a joke then what you came from.

Do not try to sell me on the idea that the game is fine now and working just peachy...AGAIN, what they destoryed to make what they have was and is a loss.

The ends did not justify the means in this case and now they are feeling it, not to mention looking as bad as ever.

In life you do not allow yourself to be lied to, misslead or if you do then your a poor man or person.   If people in life allowed themselves to be kicked in the teeth that many times then by all means...thats thier own fault.

But as a decent business man, you do NOT do what SOE did to it's clients... Karma sucks...

(On a side note:)  Your friends list will reflect what SOE did to it's playerbase... I know mine did.

I agree 100% with your assessment of SOE's business practices, and that they totally boinked the game we all loved. I am just suggesting, maybe not in my best moment, that it is possible to go on and have some fun IN SPITE OF SOE. I mean, aren't we after all the masters of our own enjoyment? In life, it is the weak who allow others to control their happiness.

My only reservation with my own line of reasoning is that by giving money to SOE, I am validating or otherwise supporting their business practices and hurting the cause of the rollback (as feeble as it may be, its still something I hold to in principle).

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,163

has this happened to anyone yet? Quote below

I can accept the fact that I have lost a couple hundred million creds worth of resources.

I can't. however, accept the fact that when I did my mandatory respec (NGE) that it reset me to novice artisan with zero skills.

I WAS a master weaponsmith/Shipwright, etc.

Not only was my preferred template removed from the game, but you expect me to re-grind from scratch?

No f***ing way. Can I get my money back from re-activating?

I'm sorry I ever had the stupid idea to come back.

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1029296

Nice reason not to go back eh?

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• KenshuAniKenshuAni Member CommonPosts: 851

Originally posted by tillamook

has this happened to anyone yet? Quote below

I can accept the fact that I have lost a couple hundred million creds worth of resources.

Actually, the opposite happened to me.  During my free 15 days, I brought up my old BE/CH toon.   I discovered that I was sitting on (still in my factories) 4 or 5 full runs of food additives.  I could have easily sold those for 200+ million since they could no longer be made anymore.  Further, I took my mandatory respec and chose spy (to try that out).  When I got bored of spy, I respeced to some version of trader and it automatically made me a master.