Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WW III: When will the draft begin in the US?

Comments

• StevenDFontStevenDFont Member Posts: 9
    All I have to say is thank god I am gay as the day is long...and also a juicy booty girl...You know I can't get married but I also don't have to die for Bush's dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb......agenda....However I do support our troups and hate what they are being forced to do....

• J0kerr1J0kerr1 Member Posts: 248

Originally posted by StevenDFont
    All I have to say is thank god I am gay as the day is long...and also a juicy booty girl...You know I can't get married but I also don't have to die for Bush's dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb......agenda....However I do support our troups and hate what they are being forced to do....

Thats a lie...you don't support the troops.
  • Butters12345Butters12345 Member Posts: 32

somebody called my first post "emo", im not trying to get off the subjest but what does emo really mean? is it a good thing or a bad thing?

• J0kerr1J0kerr1 Member Posts: 248
    Emo = bad
  • acmtalkacmtalk Member Posts: 405
    this entire war is just stupid.. anyways, if u kids only knew what beeing in the middle of a war is like, u would think twice before supportting any type of it...  Children that Die cuzz of it, don't deserve it!

• eburneburn Member Posts: 740

Originally posted by taekwondodo

I love the Israeli people, but OMFG do they have one of the most sinister governments on earth...second only to the US!

Poopypants, you really have not brought any valid points against the US that make them the most sinister country in the world. The US, unlike China, do not shoot their people in mass quantities for peacefully protesting. Also, they are not threatening to try to take over a nation that has been self-governing for around 50 years. No, they are not threatening to take over it, but to defend it. The US puts one of the smallest percentages of their GDP to military growth, while the rest goes to the people of the US. While others countries you have deemed non-sinister/righteous, put a huge portion of their GDP to their military. Yes, the US does some bad things, but just has every single nation on the earth. Nobody's perfect, and the most powerful country can't be expected to either. If you haven't already, I would suggest reading Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, I think you would find it enlightening.

So what % of GDP goes to education? Actual national security? Troop's pay? Teacher's pay? Police funding?
    Health care? Social Security, yeah we're tossing a lot of fundage into rehauling that failing system.
    Job investment? For what nation are our taxes helping more often?
    How much does a text book cost?
    How much does a bunker destroying nuke cost?
    Tell me which is being produced quicker by the hour.

I kill other players because they're smarter than AI, sometimes.

• StevenDFontStevenDFont Member Posts: 9

Originally posted by J0kerr1

Originally posted by StevenDFont

Thats a lie...you don't support the troops.

It's not a lie....Blind faith in bad leadership is not patriotisim<sp?>....our troops have no choice in the matter, and I support them for doing their job....would I never do it...Hell no, but that has nothing to do with wether I support them or not! It's not a lie my friend, far from it
  • Aetius73Aetius73 Member Posts: 1,257

Originally posted by DarkCreed
    Hmm, this thread is filled with ignorant children that eat propoganda by the spoon full.......Zoooom Here comes the airplane, open up, mommy America has more propaganda for you! Zoooom......Now on the the point, Isreal, and hezbollah, I do not claim to know who started what, but I do know that a few posts back an imbecile of incredible ineptitude made a remark that hezbollah deserved everything they were getting and that isreal is completely in the right.....can that moron also tell me that the 52 women and children, lebanese, inncoents, that they deserved what they got? How about the other estimated 700 civilian casualties? Isreal has met out this retribution over the capture of 2 soldiers, but a group that has absolutely nothing to do with these innocent lebanese woman and children. If you still think that isreal is making the right decision, and you believe these people are getting what they deserve, then you are a sick individual in addition to a severely mentally deficient citizen......learn to think for your self, read, research and watch, your world is not black and white, believe it or not....../rantoff

Lol yeah you seem to be eating it right up. Lets recap shall we.

Ok Hezbollah violated the soverign territory of Israel kiddnapped 2 soldiers and killed others. This is called an act of war.

These so called innocent Lebanese civilians you are whining about showed in a recent poll that 80% firmly supported Hezbollah.

Israel dumped thousands of leaflets warning these people that miltary action was imminent in their area and it might be a good idea to leave.

Hezbollah made them stick around to give the bleeding hearts something to whine about when Israel hit a building which only minutes before Hezbollah soldiers entered that had just blown up tank.

Hezbollah is firing rockets at innocent civilians and killing them in Israel how come you aren't whining about them?

If Israel wanted to intentionally kill Lebanese civilians with their army and their Air Force the death toll on the Lebanese side would be closer to 700k not 700.

Finally lets do the math shall we

80% of 52 is 41.6 less people that want to kill Americans good job Israel.

All you seem to be able to do is sling insults and whine. Who really is the moron here?

p.s. That picture of the blown up barracks on the Khobar Towers link from my previous post that hezbollah blew up. That was building 135 my barracks was 2 to the left building 128. Tell me again why I should care about Hezbollah and their supporters? Israel is doing the world a favor by killing them.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Originally posted by poopypants
    Well, well, well boys and girls...

It's just about that time...gettin' closer and closer with each passing day now. The United States is working hard to start WW III, and it looks like they're accelerating the time table now. Very soon, both Syria and Iran will enter (secretly supported by Russia and China) the rapidly spreading conflagration. The oil will cease to flow from the middle east...to the west. The price of oil will, of course, skyrocket...sending the price at the pump to $6. a gallon within a few days.

The next country to enter the frey will be Venezuela which will immediately initiate an oil embargo against the US (Venezuela has alied itself with Iran, Russia, and China). The price at the pump will jump to $8-9 a gallon in the US. The US will attack Venezuela. Bolivia will fully support Venezuela. Additionally, there's a very strong possibilty of a FARC-EP sponsored coup d'etat in Columbia which would further complicate things for the US.

Sometime this fall there will be a Kill-Musharraf-at-all-costs coup d'etat in Pakistan and some Islamic group or another will seize control of the Pakistani millitary machine...and 65-90 nuclear warheads. The fighting Iraq and Afghanistan will escalate significantly. I don't want to talk about this part anymore as the prospects are far too grim.

After the US is throughly bogged down, in the Middle East and South America, North Korea will attack US bases in the south. This will be a god-aweful bloody mess! The US will retaliate. Very soon after, China will attack Tiawan forcing the US to respond (by law, the US must respond). By this time the bodybags will be flowing back to the US and it's alies by the tens of thousands each week!

Those of you, between the ages of 16-40, living in the US will be drafted at some point along the way...unfortunetly for you you won't have the option of running off to Canada or Mexico, like they did back during the Vietnam war...unless you leave now! Things are gonna get real bad real fast here in the US; every nightmarish thing you've ever seen in the movies, or read in books, about a Totalitarian Big Brother government is playing out, right now, before your very eyes!

In the course of this third World War, hundreds of millions of people will die...If we're lucky! If not, this will be the end game for mankind.

Finally, a thread made by an idiot, for idiots!

• TiredNimbusTiredNimbus Member Posts: 21

Hurrah for living in the corner of the world, land of the kiwi and good rugby players!

Also, for people who arent looking at the BIG picture:

Hezbullah are a huge terrorist organisation who basicly own a country and are sponserd by Iran, in turn, the UN's gaze can only see so much, and after taking their watchful eyes of iran and now to lebanon, this leaves iran to continue their uranium enrichment.

Now if after all that iran gets a nuclear weapon they are going to drop it straight on Israel becaause they hate them. see it now?

• The main thing to remember is that this thing with Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel and Lebenon is low intensity warfare...the really big, high intensity confict is the upcoming war with Iran. Even bigger than that will be the war with the DRPK which has a military machine bigger and far more lethal than Israel, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon and Syria combined.

The reason more Americans aren't protesting the war in Iraq is because the cost so far has been relativly minor. This is because the US has kept troop levels low and has been borrowing money from foreign governments to offset the enormous cost of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. In other words, the American people aren't feeling any pain so it doesn't bother them too much.

• Originally posted by BladeMage3

Hurrah for living in the corner of the world, land of the kiwi and good rugby players!

Also, for people who arent looking at the BIG picture:

Hezbullah are a huge terrorist organisation who basicly own a country and are sponserd by Iran, in turn, the UN's gaze can only see so much, and after taking their watchful eyes of iran and now to lebanon, this leaves iran to continue their uranium enrichment.

Now if after all that iran gets a nuclear weapon they are going to drop it straight on Israel becaause they hate them. see it now?

Actually, that will never happen...Iran has absolutly no intention of ever dropping nukes on Israel or giving any to terrorists. Given the fact that Israel and the US would wipe them off the map, why would they do it?

These scenarios have more in common with James Bond movies than they do with reality. These kinds of fairy tales are concocted by Israel and the US in order to frighten sheople into submission. And it works!
  • Billius8Billius8 Member Posts: 574

Well, well, well boys and girls...

It's just about that time...gettin' closer and closer with each passing day now. The United States is working hard to start WW III, and it looks like they're accelerating the time table now. Very soon, both Syria and Iran will enter (secretly supported by Russia and China) the rapidly spreading conflagration. The oil will cease to flow from the middle east...to the west. The price of oil will, of course, skyrocket...sending the price at the pump to $6. a gallon within a few days.

The next country to enter the frey will be Venezuela which will immediately initiate an oil embargo against the US (Venezuela has alied itself with Iran, Russia, and China). The price at the pump will jump to $8-9 a gallon in the US. The US will attack Venezuela. Bolivia will fully support Venezuela. Additionally, there's a very strong possibilty of a FARC-EP sponsored coup d'etat in Columbia which would further complicate things for the US.

Sometime this fall there will be a Kill-Musharraf-at-all-costs coup d'etat in Pakistan and some Islamic group or another will seize control of the Pakistani millitary machine...and 65-90 nuclear warheads. The fighting Iraq and Afghanistan will escalate significantly. I don't want to talk about this part anymore as the prospects are far too grim.

After the US is throughly bogged down, in the Middle East and South America, North Korea will attack US bases in the south. This will be a god-aweful bloody mess! The US will retaliate. Very soon after, China will attack Tiawan forcing the US to respond (by law, the US must respond). By this time the bodybags will be flowing back to the US and it's alies by the tens of thousands each week!

Those of you, between the ages of 16-40, living in the US will be drafted at some point along the way...unfortunetly for you you won't have the option of running off to Canada or Mexico, like they did back during the Vietnam war...unless you leave now! Things are gonna get real bad real fast here in the US; every nightmarish thing you've ever seen in the movies, or read in books, about a Totalitarian Big Brother government is playing out, right now, before your very eyes!

In the course of this third World War, hundreds of millions of people will die...If we're lucky! If not, this will be the end game for mankind.

Islamic terrorism has been at war with the West for decades now.  A low grade war, no doubt, but make no mistake, Islamic terrorism has been hitting Western nations off an on for the past thirty years in the form of bombings, airplane hijacks, heck a cruise ship hijack (remember Achille Lauro?) and what not.

Now, you can ignore this and just take your hits from time to time, or you can fight back.  Sure, fighting back will swell the enemy ranks temporarily, just as when Churchill fought the Nazi's I assume the ranks of the German Army grew.  But if you do not fight against terrorism, you are accepting life with terrorism.  And God forbid the day terrorist get their hands on a nuke.

The U.S. did not start this war, we only responded to it.

• @ Billius8: How old are you Billius? 

@ Billius8: How old are you Billius? 

Served already: 20 years ago in Europe.  Might serve again (if they'd take me and if things were desperate enough).

Basically, I believe this war in the Middle East is fought as much for them as for us.  It's sort of a "Can-we-let-them-live" war, because once they (Islamic terrorists) nuke a Western city, it's all over.  The gloves come off.  So if we can effect regime changes and restore some sanity to the area, so much the better.  If not... well...

Bascially, nations that openly support terrorism are striving to build nukes.  Look at Iran.  Might take five years, ten years, twenty years for some of them, but they will achieve this.  The fear is that a tactical nuke could fall into terrorist hands.  I can only assume that anyone who might fly a plane into a building would have few qualms about setting a nuke off in a city.  Sorry, but I just don't trust anyone outside of Israel (and maybe Egypt) in that region with nukes.  Even the nations in that area which appear to have sane leadership still hold onto their power by only a loose thread.  A coup could change anything.

What puzzles me is how so many people cannot see this future threat of terrorists + nukes. 

If this terrible event happens, will this bring down the West?  No.  Will it force the West into exacting the harshest imaginable measures?  Probably.

• Originally posted by Billius8

@ Billius8: How old are you Billius? 

Served already: 20 years ago in Europe.  Might serve again (if they'd take me and if things were desperate enough).

Basically, I believe this war in the Middle East is fought as much for them as for us.  It's sort of a "Can-we-let-them-live" war, because once they (Islamic terrorists) nuke a Western city, it's all over.  The gloves come off.  So if we can effect regime changes and restore some sanity to the area, so much the better.  If not... well...

Bascially, nations that openly support terrorism are striving to build nukes.  Look at Iran.  Might take five years, ten years, twenty years for some of them, but they will achieve this.  The fear is that a tactical nuke could fall into terrorist hands.  I can only assume that anyone who might fly a plane into a building would have few qualms about setting a nuke off in a city.  Sorry, but I just don't trust anyone outside of Israel (and maybe Egypt) in that region with nukes.  Even the nations in that area which appear to have sane leadership still hold onto their power by only a loose thread.  A coup could change anything.

What puzzles me is how so many people cannot see this future threat of terrorists + nukes. 

If this terrible event happens, will this bring down the West?  No.  Will it force the West into exacting the harshest imaginable measures?  Probably.

Yeah, that is a very scary thing to think about. But I'm much more affraid of Biological weapons than I am of Nukes. Most people don't realize how easy it will be, in the next 10 years, for some lone nutcase who has the cash and the expertise to build a fully operational Bioengineering lab in his basement; This lone crazy could just as easily be an American as he could be a jihadist from Yemen! It would far easier and far less expensive to build a Biolab than it would be to get a nuke.

Yep.  I remember a few years ago, President Clinton said the biological threat kept him awake at night, worrying. 

Maybe it's the old arms race thing, where weapons get ahead of armor and back and forth.  Problem is, "weapons" are way ahead of "armor" these days.

• IIRLIIRL Member Posts: 876
    Aetius73 firmly believes that murdering children is doing the world a favor.

Congratulations!

I CREATED MYSELF!
    <3 "<Claus|Dev> i r pk"

SW:TOR|War40K:DMO|GW2

• Originally posted by Billius8

Yep.  I remember a few years ago, President Clinton said the biological threat kept him awake at night, worrying. 
    Maybe it's the old arms race thing, where weapons get ahead of armor and back and forth.  Problem is, "weapons" are way ahead of "armor" these days.

Yeah, and if Bioweapons weren't bad enough we will also have nanotechnology and nanoweapons to worry about in the next 10 years or so.

Things are not looking to good right now.
  • BigdavoBigdavo Member UncommonPosts: 1,863
    Its threads like these that make me glad I dont live in America.

O_o o_O

Originally posted by IIRL
    Aetius73 firmly believes that murdering children is doing the world a favor.

Congratulations!

When they will grow up into people that will want to kill me and my countrymen heck yeah. I am just man enough to admit it. This is exactly what they think about us. This is one of the primary reasons they think the west is weak and soft and deserves to be destroyed.

Congradulations for continuing to make us look like spineless panzies! Perhaps your attitude will change when they blow up someone you know minding their own business.

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    Personally I think we need a draft. I joined the military when i was 18 and it was the best thing for me.

Saying that, I think you should have an option. If you don't want to serve in the Military, you would serve in the Red Cross, or some other organization. Make it mandatory for people 18 to serve 3 years and I think the US would be a better place.

Originally posted by Ruthgar
    Personally I think we need a draft. I joined the military when i was 18 and it was the best thing for me.

Saying that, I think you should have an option. If you don't want to serve in the Military, you would serve in the Red Cross, or some other organization. Make it mandatory for people 18 to serve 3 years and I think the US would be a better place.

Thats a great idea. Italy has this exact system in place except I think it is 1 year in the military or 2 years in the Red Cross. The military instills discipline and values that help to make you a better person for the rest of your life.
  • ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Originally posted by poopypantsWell, well, ...<SNIP>.... end game for mankind.

I always liked the einstein quote on WWIII.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Shadus

• Originally posted by Shadus

Originally posted by poopypantsWell, well, ...<SNIP>.... end game for mankind.

I always liked the einstein quote on WWIII.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Einstein had it right Shadus...

With Bioweapons, One crazy dude could create a virus that targets only people with brown eyes for example. He could engineer the virus to kill in some hideous way...like a flesh eating virus or one that drives it's victim insane...violently insane!

In the next 20 years or so nanaotechnology will enable not only many bizzare weapons, but also make it possible for some government to establish an unbreakable totalitarian government with every human being under their complete control!