Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just Ordered L2

2»

Comments

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927
    Well ive created my char lvl 8 human male fighter. Im on my way to fighting the insidious bot hordes. IGN is Ackbar of course.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• scrawnehscrawneh Member Posts: 220
    My only tip to you:
    Just don't ever buy any ingame currency, or items, for real money. Please. The only way to stop the botting would be if everyone just stopped buying adena and accounts.... but no. People are weak :/ 

I would never do such a thing. I met some nice people on an irc channel and got some major help once i reached lvl 10. Im lvl 14 now and my gear is stacked thanks to some good people. So yes imho there is a great community on kain once im high enough were gonna roll on some botters.

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

dbl post. 

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• scrawnehscrawneh Member Posts: 220

Personally I don't feel like I benefit from slaughter of bots unless I train an unholy ammount of monsters on them for that low chance they will drop a decent item for me.

"Why go red, when you can train them dead?" -awesomequote by scrawneh.

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    In all honesty it's pretty pointless to pk bots. They gain xp at a much more consistent rate than you take away from them. If you pk them once a day that's 4%. Up to level 58 you can get 3 levels a day with proper buffs. I don't see how taking away 4% from them is hurting them when they can get 296%+ the other 23 hours of the day. Training them and taking their gear on the other hand may hurt them. Some bot groups can literally farm tens of millions of adena a day so it doesn't hurt them as much but at least you are richer.

• OculitusOculitus Member Posts: 203
    Temping as it is to PK bots, the reality is you accomplish very little, esspecially for the risk (going red) you take to do so.  I often see bots with names like "wyefgvyihs"  or "fggsffdjh"  attacking guards as to intentionally deleveling themselves so they can get back into a juicy cash/item drop level range for some favorite farming ground.

Training them, as others here have said, is a much better option.  Even that is only really effective for removing them from the area you're trying to level in.  If you feel strongly about bots, simply boycotting adena sale is only true way to get rid of them.  As long as there's a demand the bots will supply.

But if you still really want to PK bots just for fun I'd suggest making a permared alt and equip him with expendible gear.  And you must count on being killed by random people who just want to kill a red for fun and dropped gear.