Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stargate Worlds

Akath19Akath19 Member Posts: 4
Has anyone heard of this game???....'cause what's so far been shown at the official site seems to be very good....it's already won awards and they haven't even shown screencaps yet!!

I think this game should be added to the "Games n development" section of the site....i'm definetely buying this one when i comes out.

Comments

• feoxfeox Member Posts: 55
    yea this game is gonna be kick azz

in the sg site under there faqs the dont mention this game but a diffrent game
    11.   Q:
    Are they going to make a video game based on Stargate Atlantis?

A:
    There are no current plans to create a game based upon Stargate
    Atlantis. However, a game will be released in Spring 2006 and a mobile SG-1 game is available now!

• lettebedownlettebedown Member Posts: 2
    *proud owner of all 8 seasons released*

*drools* hurrry and come out already!

XoXxO (Big hug, lil kiss, big hug, lil hug, Big Kiss.)

Chas

• Akath19Akath19 Member Posts: 4
    Yeah...i saw the news not on the SG site but on gateworld.net, besides the game is on early development stages so i think we're gonna have to wait quite sometime before a playable beta comes around

• RuthgarRuthgar Member Posts: 730
    Although I want to play it right now, I have to agree that it will be years before it sees Beta.

I can't see this game having a group of more than 4 or 5. No 40 man raids into Baal's headquarters.
    That wouldn't be true to the show.

• kirderfkirderf Member Posts: 6
    Help keep Stargate on the air...

It's ratings is droping rapidly and if this continues the show is likely to get canceled after S10.
    Atlantis ratings are no better and that would put it in danger of not making it past S3.

As I live in Sweden I cant very well affect the ratings but any American reading this, tell your friends that SG is
    on and tell them to watch, talk about the show and get it (re)noticed.. Keep it on the air.

I will continue to support the franchise by buying the dvds as the become avalible. I own S1-8 of SG:1 with s9 preordered.

Source for ratings www.gateworld.net

• Ebil_PiwatEbil_Piwat Member Posts: 208

I to am eager for this game to come, I want an Al'kesh.

Proud SG-1/Atlantis Geek as well, didn't know ratings were dropping. Here in America it's on Sci-FI channel Fri nights, but then it has been for a bit....

SWTOR. Face it, in the Scooby Doo Mystery Solving Van of coolness, this game is Velma. In this current MMO climate it has about as much chance for survival as a group of inquisitive teenagers in a 1980s slasher flick. -Tardcore May, 2011

• kirderfkirderf Member Posts: 6

Im sorry to say that today SciFi announced that they will not renew SG-1 for an 11:th season.
    Atlantis is renewed for its 4:th season though. This is indeed a sad day.

The producers are looking for another outlet for the show, be it another network or even a movie.

www.gateworld.net

www.scifi.com

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
      10 seasons is a tad long, although I was more of a sg1 fan than atlantis.  I'm a bit surprised as the new plotlines for SG-1 were getting pretty good the last time I watched, but that was like a year ago :)

Maybe Spike tv will pick it up or something, although I probably wouldn't wanna watch stargate on an even smaller budget.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• geckomangeckoman Member Posts: 8
    Boy, if Stargate Worlds turns out to be as HOT as SG-1 was (loved that show!!) then the developers will find themselves sitting on a gold mine!!    I will definitely consider buying it!  :)
  • Akath19Akath19 Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Ruthgar
    Although I want to play it right now, I have to agree that it will be years before it sees Beta.

I can't see this game having a group of more than 4 or 5. No 40 man raids into Baal's headquarters.
    That wouldn't be true to the show.

Actually the game's to be released on Q4 2007, so that would make the beta testing in about a year or less, and the lead designer said that the missions were going to be either solo or with an SG team (regularily 4).

So there's not gonna be 40 man raids....except in a full on war where there would be about 30 SG teams raiding planets and on space battles.
  • MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309

That would actually be doable in not only a combat sense but also within the roleplay realm. For instance, if a group of 5-10 sg teams (20-40 people) were to take an assualt to a planet and then have to fight some powerful go'uld then that would defintely explain the reasoning and need to have raids setup within the game. Also, they could do a number of things including making solo content available to individuals while still providing for the 'feel" for a team situation.

For example, like guild wars you hire your group, in this case it'd be a team of 1 scientist, 1 warrior, 1 bookworm so to speak and you the leader/warrior could take that "hired" team out on trips to investiage worlds on an away mission. Just some thought, but it definitely opens up the possibilities for solo gamers.

• PibblePibble Member Posts: 285
    This game could be great, I mean, you can travel to many worlds with the StarGates, so you have many choices, races, ranks, etc.

• MordacaiMordacai Member Posts: 309

Originally posted by Mordacai

That would actually be doable in not only a combat sense but also within the roleplay realm. For instance, if a group of 5-10 sg teams (20-40 people) were to take an assualt to a planet and then have to fight some powerful go'uld then that would defintely explain the reasoning and need to have raids setup within the game. Also, they could do a number of things including making solo content available to individuals while still providing for the 'feel" for a team situation.

For example, like guild wars you hire your group, in this case it'd be a team of 1 scientist, 1 warrior, 1 bookworm so to speak and you the leader/warrior could take that "hired" team out on trips to investiage worlds on an away mission. Just some thought, but it definitely opens up the possibilities for solo gamers.

Well update to this, SGO devs said in their AGC Interview that the hiring of extras will not be a feature so that leaves all you solo gamers out I guess.
  • GrindPlzGrindPlz Member Posts: 147
    will it be p2p or ftp

------------------------
    I love MMorpgs..

• Validus---Validus--- Member Posts: 3
    SG-1 rocks!! If the game is half as good as the show, I'm gonna be there!!!
  • tomkinsontomkinson Member Posts: 5
    ive allways loved stargate watched it from the beginning if this comes out and they do a decent job this could be the next best mmorpg hopefully you can choose different races if you can i defo wanna be an Asguard. ( 1st post ftw )