Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vampire MMORPG?

AvarielAvariel Member Posts: 24
Has anyone ever done a vampire MMORPG? There is a pen/paper game called Vampire The Masquerade which would be a great premise for an MMORPG. That or based on Underworld, or any of the other great vamp films.

A game where everyone plays a vampire, and the constant political intrique etc.

Or one where you choose to play either a werewolf or a vampire, i'm not really into PvP but this would be a great PvP idea.

What do you think?

Comments

• lyonman24lyonman24 Member Posts: 855

try dark eden its a free mmo thats on the free mmo list in the forums.

• aplannaaplanna Member Posts: 7
    Ill try this eden dark, thats be cool a vampire mmorpg but not like masquerade, the best is the bloodline
  • MajorBiggsMajorBiggs Member UncommonPosts: 709
    a vampire game like Masquerade would be pretty awesome i think.....first person view...horrorific...evil.

we need more darkness and evil in mmorpgs i believe.

remember that one horror game that was in development a few years ago...."Priest" it was called i think..horror mmorpg...shame it didnt make it
  • stanfinkstanfink Member Posts: 48
    a werewolf / vampire war mmorpg would own you.
  • SoSikWitItSoSikWitIt Member Posts: 65
    No it would suck and be full of rabid underworld fans. 

• aplannaaplanna Member Posts: 7
    Good idea, a war against werwfolfs will be the best.
  • BigJalapenoBigJalapeno Member Posts: 39
    man, I been lookin for a vampire mmorpg for some time, I even made a thread in onrpg.com, Hmm...they only gave me dark eden, and the graphics blow so much, that game that you talking about, I'm gona check it out, see wazup with it.

Sig by a friend of mine with the name of *Joker*

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210
    It's surely only a matter of time before a games company realises theres a MASSIVE niche for a vampire MMO. Nobody wants to play fantasy based MMO's anymore, it's old and tired, and the first company to realise that will surely make a small fortune. 

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by Hohbein
    It's surely only a matter of time before a games company realises theres a MASSIVE niche for a vampire MMO. Nobody wants to play fantasy based MMO's anymore, it's old and tired, and the first company to realise that will surely make a small fortune. 

kinda hard to "realize" that when WoW is hovering around 6 million subs and everyone wants it's success.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

Unfortunately there's really nothing out there right now. Sorry but I just can't count Dark Eden as a game...

Tulga had released a statement at E3 that they would be developing Dark World Online but have since said the project has flown the kookoo's nest, even the website (http://www.darkworldonline.com) is long gone into nothingness.

Then there's Creatures of the Night which the folks at Rapid Reality/MMOCenter say is on the list of things to do. But that's an entirely different topic right there... doubtfull anything will ever come of it but here's the linky anyways: http://www.mmocenter.com/v2/CreaturesofNight.php.

Otherwise, if your into MUD's at all there's 2 or 3 really good Vampire/Werewolf games going on out there with really strong community's, I think there's even an Email based game with MUD support that has a good 3 or 4k players. Might be worth a look if your desperate for that dark side to be shown :). 

Shadowbane.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210

Originally posted by Fadeus

kinda hard to "realize" that when WoW is hovering around 6 million subs and everyone wants it's success.

Sure, WoW is massively popular, but that should be a reason NOT to make another generic WoW clone, surely? Anybody with any kind of business sense would realise there is a MASSIVE gap in the market for a vampire related MMO. Theres certainly more of an opportunity to make money with a vamp MMO than there would be another WoW clone.
  • EnigmaEnigma Member UncommonPosts: 11,384

Originally posted by SoSikWitIt
    No it would suck and be full of rabid underworld fans. 

yeah. I guess we really need some more fantasy MMO LARP followers to help us fill the fantasy MMO games. Lord forbid we get get another genre of MMOs out there.

People who have to create conspiracy and hate threads to further a cause lacks in intellectual comprehension of diversity.

Sure, WoW is massively popular, but that should be a reason NOT to make another generic WoW clone, surely? Anybody with any kind of business sense would realise there is a MASSIVE gap in the market for a vampire related MMO. Theres certainly more of an opportunity to make money with a vamp MMO than there would be another WoW clone.

Why not when WoW just copied off the most successful MMO before it, EQ 1? There is zero reason to leave the fantasy genre when WoW brought millions of NEW gamers to MMO's and the fantasy genre. You can forget about creativity for awhile, especially since everything that isn't fantasy right now is tanking.

- Scaris

Originally posted by Enigma

Originally posted by SoSikWitIt No it would suck and be full of rabid underworld fans. 
    yeah. I guess we really need some more fantasy MMO LARP followers to help us fill the fantasy MMO games. Lord forbid we get get another genre of MMOs out there.

Ack! LARP players, get the crucifixes!

- Scaris

In all honesty though to me Vampires are like the Elves in fantasy. They are the pretty boy race that everyone wants to be cause it's cool.

I would much rather be wrapped up in bandages and rotting, ripping my own arm off to beat someone with instead.

- Scaris

• karlz0rkarlz0r Member Posts: 158

People, don't even start playing DarkEden, it's not worth playing anymore. A big hackers team made all sort of hacks for that game. They can delete accounts, characters, hp hack, speedhack etc. DarkEden was a great game like 2 years ago, before these bloody hackers.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Originally posted by karlz0r

People, don't even start playing DarkEden, it's not worth playing anymore. A big hackers team made all sort of hacks for that game. They can delete accounts, characters, hp hack, speedhack etc. DarkEden was a great game like 2 years ago, before these bloody hackers.

Hackers creating hacks for games are wasting their talent and should be crucified. Or put in the brazen bull. Just kidding.

• stanfinkstanfink Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by Fadeus

In all honesty though to me Vampires are like the Elves in fantasy. They are the pretty boy race that everyone wants to be cause it's cool.
    I would much rather be wrapped up in bandages and rotting, ripping my own arm off to beat someone with instead.

they dont have to be portrayed like that
  • ShadusShadus Member UncommonPosts: 669

Yah, alot of us have been saying for years a "World of Darkness" MMO would be a ball... start with vampire and then add in the other games till you got the full world of darkness.

Edit: no real good horror genre games. :/

Shadus

• Link4009Link4009 Member Posts: 74
    I think they already came out with a Vampire MMO awhile ago.

• JelloB2000JelloB2000 Member CommonPosts: 1,848

Originally posted by Link4009
    I think they already came out with a Vampire MMO awhile ago.
    There a couple but non of them are any good (probably dead by now).
  • ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572
    A vampire MMO would have the most immature community ever witnessed in any game ever spawned.

Mark my words.

• dannicusdannicus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    I been wanting a Vampire MMO based on White Wolf  ever since the first day i stepped off of Kelethin tree city and plunge my noob ass to death. Which would have been about 6 years now =/