Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

droks runs

bobrenjc93bobrenjc93 Member Posts: 42
droks runs has gotten a lot harder so many hexes and like one time i ran there were 3 worms chasing me!

Bob

Comments

• SerlingSerling Member Posts: 662

droks runs has gotten a lot harder

Good.

• rockin_uforockin_ufo Member UncommonPosts: 378
    It sould be harder, payin 2k t get to droks is a rip off, u can just w8 an FOLLOW THE STORY LINE an u can get there for free

Whenever i step outside, somebody claims to see the light
    It seems to me that all of us have lost our patience.
    'cause everyone thinks they're right,
    And nobody thinks that there just might
    Be more than one road to our final destination--

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539

Originally posted by rockin_ufo
    It sould be harder, payin 2k t get to droks is a rip off, u can just w8 an FOLLOW THE STORY LINE an u can get there for free

Yeah but it so much more fun having a character run to droks, then through mineral springs for a grand total of 12k. Then buying your character full 15k armor and a few greens by level 2, I think that's fun  but maybe it's just me...

• staticman12staticman12 Member Posts: 7

Yeah but it so much more fun having a character run to droks, then through mineral springs for a grand total of 12k. Then buying your character full 15k armor and a few greens by level 2, I think that's fun  but maybe it's just me...

yeah dude i agree with that its fun doing like the first missions with 15k armor cus ur invincible and can basically almost solo most things....

BTW, Drok's armor is 1.5k, not 15k.

And running has ruined the random arenas in Ascalon City and Yak's Bend precisely because you have a bunch of 5s and 6s (and 11s and 12s in Yak's) with full Drok's armor competing against new players who don't have that edge. Great way to cheat for faction. ::::21::

Also sick of seeing 4s and 5s in desert ascension missions. They're simply there to leech because at that level they can't possibly add to the team.

8s and 9s in Southern Shiverpeak missions are a waste of a team spot, too.

IMHO.

Originally posted by Serling

BTW, Drok's armor is 1.5k, not 15k.
    And running has ruined the random arenas in Ascalon City and Yak's Bend precisely because you have a bunch of 5s and 6s (and 11s and 12s in Yak's) with full Drok's armor competing against new players who don't have that edge. Great way to cheat for faction. ::::21::
    Also sick of seeing 4s and 5s in desert ascension missions. They're simply there to leech because at that level they can't possibly add to the team.
    8s and 9s in Southern Shiverpeak missions are a waste of a team spot, too.
    IMHO.

I said the mineral springs tour, this includes granite citadel and marhan's grotto and that is where you get 15k armor. Please don't correct me on something I wasn't incorrect about. And the level 10-15 arenas give almost no faction, not worth farming those at all even if it is easy.

I said the mineral springs tour, this includes granite citadel and marhan's grotto

Actually, you get to Granite Citadel never even having to visit Mineral Springs. You get there from Copperhammer Mines via Spearhead Peak. You get to Mineral Springs THROUGH Tasca's Demise after leaving the Citadel going that way. The Citadel isn't even gated to Mineral Springs!

You get to the Grotto through Ice Floe never even coming close to Mineral Springs (it's 5 zones away).

And in your original post you wrote:

Yeah but it so much more fun having a character run to droks, then through mineral springs for a grand total of 12k. Then buying your character full 15k armor

If you don't want to be corrected, don't conflate Drok's runs with 15k armor, and make sure you know how to actually get to the 15k armor before presuming to tell other people how to get there.

EOD.

Originally posted by Serling

I said the mineral springs tour, this includes granite citadel and marhan's grotto

Actually, you get to Granite Citadel never even having to visit Mineral Springs. You get there from Copperhammer Mines via Spearhead Peak. You get to Mineral Springs THROUGH Tasca's Demise after leaving the Citadel going that way. The Citadel isn't even gated to Mineral Springs!

You get to the Grotto through Ice Floe never even coming close to Mineral Springs (it's 5 zones away).

And in your original post you wrote:

Yeah but it so much more fun having a character run to droks, then through mineral springs for a grand total of 12k. Then buying your character full 15k armor

If you don't want to be corrected, don't conflate Drok's runs with 15k armor, and make sure you know how to actually get to the 15k armor before presuming to tell other people how to get there.

EOD.

I have 3 sets of 15k armor, I'm not presuming anything. The "mineral springs tour" as it is called is a run from camp rankor through all the outposts in mineral springs, the order of that run is warcamp->granite citadel->copperhammer->iron mines->thk->grotto. You usually get to camp rankor by getting run to droks at the same time and that is where the run starts. I associated droks with 15k armor because you need droks or rankor to get to the 15k armor locations. I have been playing for 14 months, I have played 4 characters up to level 20, my necromancer currenly has 380k exp and I'm working my way through the ring of fire with my 3rd character ATM. I do know what I'm talking about and I don't appreciate the attitude you used when you tried to correct me.

The "mineral springs tour" as it is called is a run from camp rankor through all the outposts in mineral springs, the order of that run is warcamp->granite citadel->copperhammer->iron mines->thk->grotto

And I'll repeat: not one of those outposts is in, gated to, or - in some cases - anywhere near Mineral Springs.

You can call it the "Paranoidpvp tour" if you'd like, but I guarantee that taking your tour would NEVER get you in or through Mineral Springs. Given your route, why not call it the "Snake Dance tour"? That would be more accurate.

And since you cited your creds, I'll cite mine (I'm normally averse to this because it devolves into a pecker contest, but what the hell, you started this):

I have 12 level 20s (2 accounts), all of them with at least 300k xp and almost 1 million xp on my each of my oldest 3 characters. I have never taken a run anywhere in the game (I use henchies to run myself anywhere I want to go), and have Protector of Tyria titles on at least 5 of my characters.

I don't own 15k armor because it's a waste of gold. It doesn't give you anymore defense than 1.5k Drok's or 1.5k Kaening Center armor, and - IMHO - occasionally looks better, but more often than not looks worse.

Drop it before you make yourself look even worse than you already have.

K, I'm going to drop it after this but if you go to camp rankor and say "looking for mineral springs tour" people are going to know that is what I am talking about.

I've said what I've said and I stand by it, we each have our opinions and I respect yours. Nobody has the same opinion and sometimes it is impossible to agree on a subject, personally I think that without conflict nothing would have a purpose. I am impressed by your accounts and I wish you the best of luck in continuing to play GW.