Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

soo whats exactly wrong with it?

2»

Comments

• Lag makes the game completely unplayable...the server can't even track where you are...it thinks you where you were 10 minutes ago. And it is horridly unfinished. There isn't much to do, there isn't much content.

But in a year...it will probably be good.

• Loona35Loona35 Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by wild_child9

Originally posted by Loona35
    ok here some nice points...

- Lag... servers can't handle it
    - Engine... this game uses a higher % of your CPU and memory then WoW while the graphics look 10 years old.
    - Empty world.. the world is simply empty! In total 2 small dead settlements and a forest.

- Terrain.. the terrain is built up from flat green textures. Simply flat ground textures for LONG distances.

- Vigiour.. its sorta stamina.. your energy bar. It takes so much energy to walk you can hardly walk 1km when you start the game. What has that guy been doing his whole life before you started playing? And you cannot talk either when resting 'coz that takes to much enegry. So when you've to run longs distances (you've coz everything is far away like clay pits) ... you've to rest a lot and you cannot talk to your mates 'coz that would take lots of energy away.

- bugs.. the game is still full of bugs. Fanboys say thats no problem.. they're patient. Decide for yourself.. do you wanna pay for something on which everyone agrees isn't finished yet? Even the fanboys agree it isn't finished.

- fanboys.. only guys who play it seem to be fanboys.. all they say is "the devteam only exists outta 3 or 4 persons so therefor the game isnt that good yet but it will be!" .. the game hasnt been good for years of devolpment i don't know why it should be better in 3 months? The facts the devs are only with couple guys doenst make a game good. I would rather sponsor the Red Cross 20 bucks then the devs.

- No free trial.. good games have free trials.. RV is so bad it hasn't a free trial.

- Fighting.. they state on their website this game has a advanced fighting system and you can fight in huge battles. Nothing is true of that. They just fixed the collisionbug.. when i played you could simply walk trough others, whats the use of a formation then? There are no missions and the couple NPC guards seem to be pretty über warriors. The NPC's dont seem to have vigiour? 'coz you will probally have the change to hit them twice (takes about 20% vigiour total) but when they hit you it also takes vigiour (and wounds). Besides.. the server and engine can't handle to many players so big battles are just a dream.

- heaven...they call it elysium or something.. i call it crap! if you end up in heaven you've to walk up a hill to some guy and talk to him. Then you're teleported back to earth. But don't forget! you've just been slain and with a bit of unluck you will have stamina wounds. And with stamine wounds you can only walk 100 meters LOL. Think of that.. you've to walk up that hill with stamina wounds.. then you've to walk all the freaking way back to your villages with the same wounds. then heal (takes a lotta time!) ... AAAaaah.. die and wait for freaking half a day before fighting again. Thats no fun for no one.

- crafting...seems the only good thing about RV is the stuff you can craft. But crafting is boring and hardcore. You've to walk for ages to get to rivers and claypits etc. Then ofcourse there are no carts so you've to carry it yourself which means you can only take about 30 clay per run. Creating a simple claypile right next to a pit takes 40-60 minutes.

- almost everything the main site states is a big fat lie.. check the forum good. The reason so many are complaining is not for fun.

- this list can be endless

- There is not much lag anymore as the devs have been fixing the problems that were causing it

-Well I have no problem with the graphics :P

-There are more settlements and forests, but I don't think any players live in them yet.

-The empty flat terrain is likely to benefit players because you need flat empty spaces to build on and players will soon be building towns.

- It gets easier as you get better at marching and distance running (which isn't actually very hard to do). And talking doesnt take lots of energy it sometimes takes a tiny scootch of it!

-Devs are working on getting those fixed.

-Since when are only games with free trials good??LOL

- The server engine not holding a lot of players is related to the server tracking problems which the devs are working on getting fixed. Infact a lot of improvement has been made since you last played.

- Its called ELysium because it isn't heaven. Elysium is the underworld which romans would have believed in at that time (they didn't just make it up!). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elysium . And wounds take about 45 minutes to fully heal, not half a day.

- In the roman town the claypits are right beside the town (...i dont know where you were walking to lol...) and theres plently of rivers everywhere.

claypit in the barbarian town is much futher away

free trials simly own :P.. no seriously.. i guess a free trial is only used by games who are atleast sure of their game

about the flat area's.. true.. couldnt agree more on that.. just think of it that way.. (still its pretty empty.. check the villages.. its death.. npc's look death.. etc.)

• wild_child9wild_child9 Member Posts: 15
    Well RB want to start out with a small community and gradually get bigger and a free trial would attract a lot of attention quicker than they want, don't you think?:P So if you think about it from their point of view a free trial would just be stupid at this point.
  • BuZZKilgoreBuZZKilgore Member Posts: 525

Originally posted by Kelkyen

Originally posted by Jorev
    Oh I know, I was just curious what he did when he finally was able to log on for a couple hours. He must of been excited about being able to start on his clay piles.:P
    I saw this player the other day, he had the best looking clay pile, it was impressive, and it only took him 8 hours to build.:P

Well, as a poor Greek slave studing to be a medicus and owned by a Roman master, I was ordered to collect firewood for him.  As I didn't want to be whipped, I set about this task.  Its hungry work hauling firewood, so I collected some apples and sipped from the southern branch of the river.  When I finished collecting the firewood I limped back to my master.

I was limping because it seems I forgot how to walk on the salveship from Greece.  I can only go a couple blocks before I tire.

Now, having completed that adventure, I set of for the baths for a quick dip and scrape.  A clean body for a clean mind to better serve my master.  Returning to my master, he demanded to be fed a fresh fish fillet.  I briskly hobbled down to the river with my spear and never caught a thing.  Realizing my spear was getting pretty torn up by missing fish and prolly hitting fishshaped rocks at the river edge, I found a grindstone and repaired it.  On my way back to the river I found a fillet of fish just sitting on the side of the road.  No one seems to be near it...What luck!  After brushing it off I served it up to master.  He loved it, and even gave me 24 sesterces.  He's such a good master.

After that brilliant display of my fishing abilities, master asked that I make him a...you guessed it...a pile of clay.  What joy!  I set off for the river edge, in search of clay wads to start my pile with.

My adventure will continue later today. 

Yeeeeee-Haaaaawww!! Man that sounds like fun.
  • ceacar99ceacar99 Member Posts: 2

ya.... the starting quests SUCK. the game is designed so you have to do them. you cant fight at all untill they are done. luckly you can petition one of the gms to "deattend" you. normally they get right too it. i just did the starting quests untill i got a spear(as a barbarian it would be stupid to wander around without a weapon). sometime tomarrow ill be free.... they need to do it another way so a player can just skip the tutorial quests right away....

• yonderboyOSTyonderboyOST Member Posts: 2

K... since some ppl seem lacking in common sense... I'll hit a few of the more obvious ones:

-CPU/graphics:  R-V's graphics have *NOTHING* to do with the CPU usage.  And anywayz... WoW is a cartoon.  It "looks so good" because the graphics are stylized.  Those kind of graphics are easier to make "look good".  Look very, very carefully at them, they're fine, but certainly nothing to write home about.  Either way... they graphics are *NOT* what's causing the CPU use.  Maybe if R-V was like WoW and has a few dozen pop-capped instances everywhere it wouldn't have to keep track of so much.  But that's not the game R-V is.

-Free Trials:  Free trials commonly give the first month's subscription free.  Seeing as how this is a subscriptionless game... do the math.  R-V having free trials is like Guild Wars having free trials.

• MarkuMarku Member Posts: 452
    the Lord in erring can deattend you, even if your not online, post your name in the deattend thread and he'll have it done ASAP. Read the RV forums if your stuck or dont understand things >_<

• MW2KMW2K Member UncommonPosts: 1,036

Originally posted by yonderboyOST

-Free Trials: Free trials commonly give the first month's subscription free. Seeing as how this is a subscriptionless game... do the math. R-V having free trials is like Guild Wars having free trials.

Here's some math you didn't do. RV costs money to *buy*...they could easily allow you to d/l the game for free and then ask you to buy it once your trial period ends. A fair few games work that way, Lineage 2 to name one.

I wouldn't accuse others of lacking common sense until you've thought things through yourself.

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

There's been alot of discussion on the boards about free trials.  In the future we may offer some, it's just how to go about it.  Make it like WWII Online where you can download the game at any time and only play offline?  Make it so you're confined to a island?  These dont work because the main thing about RV is player interaction.  A sense of community is what we're going for here.  I thought it'd be good to confine test players to a specific board where only full members can pass though, but trial members cannot.  There can be resources there that only trial players can access (keeping the economy of the larger game intact).

Just a matter of how to go about it, not weather or not to go about it.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• GunPowderBobGunPowderBob Member Posts: 12

Oh no! There aren't any animal spawns, how am I going to be able to level then?!

Somebody hasn't been paying attention in class..
    You Don't lvl in this game.

• Loona35Loona35 Member Posts: 55

Originally posted by GunPowderBob

Oh no! There aren't any animal spawns, how am I going to be able to level then?!

lie # 5425328 i gues?

you don't level as in WOW for example.. like LEVEL 1 >> LEVEL 2 .. then get some stat upgrades.

But you still have to level and grind up your stats.. which is impossible if there arn't any animal spawns and you wanna be a animal handler
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by GunPowderBob

animals may make the game a tad bit fun .At the moment it ties with watching paint dry.
  • grinreapergrinreaper Member Posts: 507

Originally posted by hercules
    animals may make the game a tad bit fun .At the moment it ties with watching paint dry.

Only true if the paint keeps trying to stab you with a spear.
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Originally posted by grinreaper

Originally posted by hercules

Only true if the paint keeps trying to stab you with a spear.

can use a spear in tibia too!Paint watching still beats it and roma victor