Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Great Game, but hope to see Another system someday

JonathJCenJonathJCen Member UncommonPosts: 202
I'm very accited about this game. I think it will be refreshing. It makes me think of Eve online only with boats *errm* ships.

I have however been longong for another version of a ship game. I would really love to someday see a ship game that utalizes multi crew. I'm not talking having 200 men on those giant ships, it doesn't need to be that indebt, but a character who controls the gun crews, one that deals with the sails and spotting things from the mast, one that stears the ship, etc. If you have aditional friends you can share roles, split the guns so each of the guys control one set of guns.
My idea would incorperate NPC players on the ship to help those that don't wish to sail with real people, they can then order the NPC's to do things, however the benofite of having real players that can come up with strategies NPC's cannot would give reason for their to be crews. To me there is beauty in this system, and players could switch out rolls when they choose to. A game where your avatars are your character and the boats your mutual adventure vessels.
Of corse a system like this would probably be best implamented into another RPG, sort of a half 'fantacy' half sailing game. People on shore could own fortresses to defend off ships and protect their ports from invading armies. Or they could go into crafting to design cloths or better canons or even construct ships (but perferably this would require a few ship crafters working together to incurage a community. Takes a crew to sail a boat, takes a crew to build one). Small wears crafters, like clothing etc, can practice their art at sea, but bigger things like gunsmithing and the lot would have to take place on land.
There of course would be sword combat, maybe even a little gunplay. On land crews could fight against NPC pirate, rum-runners, or trader camps to loot or inforce the law, while at sea they can trade shots with ships, board them and fight avatars to avatars, or discover new ilsands to construct a guild's fortress.
When not in battle and courses set, you can have duels or parties on the ship with bards to play along, or fish or whatever.

Anyways, these are just my ideas, perhaps someday when I get my nessisary degrees I may deside to turn this into a game myself, but perhaps my hopes are that someone may get ahead of me and develop something similar.

Again, I loooove the idea of Pirates of the Burning Sea, I will play it, but I'd love to have a game like this for when I just wanna be the captain, and then another game for when I want to play with a crew. One's more strategy with ship numbers and such and the others more about the experience of a team on a ship and battling other ships from the perspective of the crew.

Comments

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

the thing is, in concept, that kind of thing sounds interesting...what it would be like to be a sailor, handling all the smaller jobs, and even the officer duties.  But after awhile, you would begin to long for something more fulfilling than just being a lone gunnery officer...you would want more control than just how fast the cannons shoot. 

The same goes for Pirates of the burning sea...it HAS been considered whether or not to let players act on their friends ships as crew, and when you really think about it, the menial labor of a sailor in every day life just doesn't make for fun gameplay.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• littlefatboylittlefatboy Member Posts: 24
    i think your ideas is really great for this game. well i have some ideas. they should have like a bounty hunter crew that been hired by the government to hunt certain pirate crews and stuff like that. and they should add like a trading route where player can deliver goods from 1 place to another with ship or land. and pirate can rob the delivery guy and take the goods and sell for money then upgrade their avartar or ship or what ever they like with the money they rob.

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

Originally posted by littlefatboy
    i think your ideas is really great for this game. well i have some ideas. they should have like a bounty hunter crew that been hired by the government to hunt certain pirate crews and stuff like that. and they should add like a trading route where player can deliver goods from 1 place to another with ship or land. and pirate can rob the delivery guy and take the goods and sell for money then upgrade their avartar or ship or what ever they like with the money they rob.

Robbing merchants will be an every day part of the game, and Players can post bounties as they like, but they don't want to put in a player bounty system that encourages griefing, post your ideas on the message boards if you think that you have a way of doing it that is fun, and does not encourage griefing

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.