Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The absolute WORST MMORPG you have ever met!

Comments

• vortigen7vortigen7 Member Posts: 116

Originally posted by Arcken
    Pretty much any Korean made mmo out there fits the category.

Same feelings here. Bots/Grinders/Hackers/Gankers/Kiddies/Farmers, etc abound in those games. At least in most western-style games you may have some grind, but not the incessant grindfest of the Korean games, and at least they're not carbon-copy clones of one another.

However, if we say just one game, then I'd have to say that DnL is probably the worst. That's because it hyped itself up and failed to deliver. At least the other games give you some time to make a determination, but this game was garbage from the outset. The game was a complete download client that you payed a boxed price for, you had to pay for the client AND the first month of gameplay in advance, there was no game manual at the outset and when it did finally come out it was almost a month later and that too was a pdf download, the pvp was not restricted inside the noob areas which caused many pioneer players to lose their benefits of preordering such as inheritances to a few gankers that would camp the noob spawns (fortunately I was smart enough not to be a pre-order), the graphic settings were nondescript and vague so you didn't even know what it was you were adjusting, framerates for even good computers were usually in the 4-8 range, if there were quests then they were always broken, vendors were broken, the download client had a virus through their website, character customization was a joke where you had such trivial details (like earrings which wouldn't even been visible at 20' from someone) and neglected more visible details, the tutorials were broken, the camera and controls were clunky, the mobs did not give correct experience when you killed them, lag out the yin yang, crafting was broken, nice background terrain but ancient avatar graphics, no customer service, forum moderators who would lock any thread that mentioned refunds or critiqued the game in any way, no website links which detailed how one might go about a refund, having to pay through a third party for billing, e-mails that are never replied to, etc, etc.  **Edit: I forgot to mention that most of the screenshots on their website are from 2004 and earlier (check the taglines), so they're showcasing old stuff. This probably means that they had employees who left during it's production and now they're resurrecting this old work as new material. And besides that, the terrain game engine they're using (they calle it "Mafate") was technology stolen from vworldpower.com, so it's nothing more than a terrain simulator with Meridian 59-style graphic technology thrown in.**

And now, when the damage is done, they think that offering 3 months free is going to help? They're the laughingstock of the gaming community. They used to be as low as a 3.7 game rating on mmorpg.com, but now that's even gone further south to a 3.5 last I looked. The only reason they're keeping what player base they have left is due to the 3 months free, as well as those pioneers who prepaid and had a few months gameplay included. Once that's over, this game is dead. Rest in peace.

DnL rated at    -*

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Legend of Ares.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

Originally posted by Darkchronic

Originally posted by blueavenger 
    its not an MMOrpg because it doesnt have anything to do with martial arts

What?

rofl

My worst list goes like this :

SWG NGE absolute worst, mainly because I thought it was so good pre-cu. I hate hate hate it now. It's shoddy, cheesy, and plays like its on crack.

CoV ** Idk why, it just really rubbed me the wrong way.

DnL -* No comment necessary.

Silkroad * Same lol

EVE ** couldnt get used to having no ground based game, I didnt like the way the skills were learned, I hated the traveling (auto pilot ftl), I didnt even enjoy the combat. I think I just mostly got tired of floating around in space constantly.

For the Horde!

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Face of mankind

Saga Of ryzom

Knight Online

RYL

I don't think it gets any worse than these games.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• hadzhadz Member Posts: 712

Bad Games:
    Shadowbane
    Ultima Online
    Silkroad
    Flyff
    Rose
    SWG (NGE)

Badly Executed Games (that COULD have been passable):
    Horizons
    DDO
    Matrix

Boring Games:
    EVE Online
    CoH/CoV
    Saga of Ryzom
    Auto Assault
    Anarchy Online
    EQ

Passable Games:
    WoW
    EQ2

Don't bother with the rest, just play this one (honestly), and it's not even a "true MMO" haha!:
    Guild Wars

Future games that I hope will allow me to revise my estimation of "true MMOs":
    Warhammer Online
    Age of Conan

• Synical99Synical99 Member Posts: 23

Originally posted by Gameloading
    of the ones still alive, probably Dark & Light.
    QFE!!!!

That game was TERRIBLE. I mean it was cool how the world was so massive but why make it so massive when there is 0 content.....the game was buggy and a total mess and the deveolpers were wackos

• Rogier.VRogier.V Member Posts: 3
    I think Rubies of Eventide
  • aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

WoW.. am i the only one that actually thinks this is the crappiest mmorpg on the market? Everything in the WoW universe is so friggin simple that a 4 year old can figure it out. Monsters, Characters, The rules of fysics. For example: You can barely kill anything 3+ lvls higher then u since then ur dmg will be Nerfed and u cant outrun a mob becose all the mobs apperently have the ability to Daze their opponents! Real good sollution Blizzard! Never ever have i played a game so retricted like WoW and thats why i think its the crappiest game on the market.

• SinitassuSinitassu Member Posts: 67
    Oh my god I can't even begin. Most mmorpgs are rubbish and only communities keep them going, but I'll have a few bad ones.

WoW *** First time, nice, second time rubbish and the ugly graphics and stupid non storyline supporting quests. too much running around.

Auto Assault *** It is like WoW on wheels, it is rather dull and the respawn rates on building etc. make the good idea of destroying the world a bad idea.

Dark And Light * Oh god, when I first read the info, I was just thrilled! Almost everything I have ever wanted from a MMORPG was in. What it became, a stinkin' pile of crap.

"Lick My Weapons"

• ApocalypticaApocalyptica Member Posts: 491
    My worst MMORPG I ever played must have been EQII. I just really never got the connection to my char at all and found the gameplay extremly boring.

------------------------------------------------------
    Do I ever sleep?

• KingKooperKingKooper Member Posts: 16

Originally posted by FahrenheitTH

Originally posted by theanimedude

Out of every MMO, I would have to say Flyff.
    It is just a mindless grind, such as so many MMOs out right now, but the presentation made it sink lower. Don't get me wrong, the art style is kind of refreshing, but come on. You eat candy, fight cuddly animals, and fly on hover boards that look they came from 'back to the future'. ::::07::

Lol....Flyff is the best game I have ever met! FYI it is not just killing what you call "cuddly" monsters...try to fight ClockWorks and you'll see whos the "teddy bear" And flying is fun....good way to travel...you have also ariel combat. Now Flyff V6 is being implemented as you speak..from the patch notes...it's gonna rock hard! Harder than Eve Online!!

I started playing FlyFF too but I didn't see the presentation to be that awful. There are several cuddly monsters in the beginning like Aibatts and Lawolves but later on the game, you'll meet other tougher monsters like Bangs, Rock Muscles and Drillers. Yeah, try fighting Clockworks, you'll be amazed at the size and lasers shooting out.
  • Zaxx99Zaxx99 Member Posts: 1,761

Thank God we don't have any idiots saying "Asherons Call 1" hehehehe Yay for that.

Absolute worst mmo in my opinion would have to be Dark and Light. This game made Mounring look like a high quality game... and that is SAD!

Ofcourse, throwing out D&L and Mourning because they are both just complete trash anyhow....

I'd give my award to "Risk Your Life". Worst $40 I have ever spent on a game. Ever. Ugh, I still get chills from the overall low quality and toilet that game was designed from.

- Zaxx

• HEYuSHOOSHHEYuSHOOSH Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by asupermane

- Runescape *Horrible
    graphics suck, just terrible
    - CoH *Not too Shabby
    too much of a grind
    - SWG NGE *Horrible
    completely diff then pre-cu/even some of post cu
    not an awesome sandbox mmo n e more
    -WoW
    i just hate the way the game is, grind, pve, item focused, lack of pvp
    -- I do like the interface, and some of that, the flight, and stuff is cool
    but the game over is *average
    good for kids or beginners

WoW has a lack of PvP? how long did you play it for? Untill level 10?
  • necro666necro666 Member Posts: 151

1) nothing can beat ao in suckiness

2) swg

3) eve

4) dunno

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

non paid game-tibia

Having not played the much hated D&L i cannot comment.

But for a game i actually paid for my worst experience so far goes to roma victor.

• LilithIshtarLilithIshtar Member Posts: 667

Originally posted by HEYuSHOOSH

WoW has a lack of PvP? how long did you play it for? Untill level 10?

I think he ment lack of good pvp. As in not 1vs1 fests and open battleground pvp, such as mass pvp anywhere with any race besides the towns.

1: Wow ** Crap pvp. Very boring. Graphics are very cartoony. Raiding was the only fun thing, and even that got borring after awhile.

2: Lineage 2 * Okay pvp, could be better. Graphics are great though, and nice classes as well. Long and boring grind. Very unbalanced, even in c5. C5 is the last chronicle the NA servers will be getting, so it's sort of ending. Crap loads of botters, ebayers and farmers, made the economy worse and what not.

Independant, Shinto, Lesbian, and Proud!

• finnmacool1finnmacool1 Member Posts: 453

SB- mouse click movement and tech probs galore

DDO-no content/no solo/repetitious/all instanced

MxO-Horrid combat/Boring as hell/CoH clone done worse

EQ2-Linear boring unimaginative pile of dung

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883

Look, jump in a lake of acid and don't hold your breath. Don't question it, just do it
  • NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

Clan Lord.

I would rather have poison ivy in my throat than to play that.
    ok way over exageration, but you get what I mean.

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• TyokaTyoka Member Posts: 19

After I lost my virginity to UO, I never had it as good. Well, ok, technically I lost my virginity to Astonia, but at the time that was barely an MMO.

Sexual puns aside...

EQ * Horrible. It was just...so...bad. Firstly, I'm not one for races. In most games with races, I usually play human or half-elf, the latter being the "mystical human". But, if I AM going to play with races, it HAS to be ARAC(all races all classes). I cannot stand the concept of "half-elves can't be mages", or, "humans can't be (insert class here)". It limited the concept of role playing too much. Which is ironic, because the excuse people give me for having non-ARAC is for role playing, which is ridiculous. These are the kind of people who think role playing is all about speaking in "Thee and Thou" speech, which I haven't done seriously since I was like 13. They're also the people who think turned-based level-based games qualify as RPGs, which in the market world, they do, but any respectable role player will tell you that role playing has nothing to do with systematics of the game(other than freedom of action), and that the idea that an orc couldn't learn even a little bit of magic is stupid. Orcs can comprehend language, they can comprehend magic. But then again this is fantasy, so you can say whatever you want about it I guess. I just hate EQ. It took millions of potential UO players and turned them into retarded zombies who don't understand anything EQ doesn't tell them. Do you know how stupid a retarded zombie is? They're an insult to the RP community and I wish they would just burn or something. But that's just me <.< >.>

WoW *** Despite the fact that WoW has nothing like UO in it, and despite being non-ARAC, and despite...well everything bad about it, I actually have some good memories from this game, and every now and then I'm tempted to play it again. I won't, but I'm tempted.

FFXI **** This game was good. Note that, WAS good. When it first came out, I had a lot of fun with this. For some reason, landing a Fusion skillchain was just satisfying. However, it requires too much that I just don't want to do. I hate all the mage jobs, except whitemage, which I absolutely love and enjoyed playing. However, I couldn't get my blackmage past level 13, so I was a 35whm/13blm. It just doesn't work. I tried Summoner, too much work, tried bard, not enough benefit, no one would invite me if I did that. I could've gone with redmage but by the time I got interested in redmage I had already quit whm and didn't look back. Eventually I played a paladin, super fun! Provoking, Flashing, Curing, Hitting, WSing, SCing, MBing(once <.< with Banish II), all kinds of stuff to do. Unfortunately by the time I got to level 49, the gilsellers had ruined it for me. I didn't feel like grinding my gil up, so no more FFXI. A fun game if you don't mind spending hours and weeks and whatnot doing stuff you don't like, if in fact you don't like it.

Horizons *** So much potential, so unused. All I have to say about this

DDO * SO SO SOOOO disappointing. DnD is my only RP outlet right now. When I heard there would be a DnD MMO, I was like OMFG!! But then I beta'd the game and I was like omfg...yeah. Firstly, I'll give them the handicap of the fact that I HATE Ebberon and Fae'run. I just don't like premade worlds in a game like DnD, it's just not right. But the again I also don't like rolling for my ability scores, I think in a game where you CREATE your character from a molecular structure, you should get to choose its stats. But again, that's just me. Anyway, I heard some 40 year old guy saying "This is how DnD was back in the day when it first came out", which, I'm sorry, is complete and utter BULLSH*T considering this is 3.5 and when it came out it was obviously 1st edition. But yeah, if you're one of those people who like to relish in the fact that you played DnD when it first came out, DDO might be fun for you I guess. Me? I'm gonna stick to the PnP version. WoTC has failed me.

Currently I'm sorta playing City of Villians. "Sorta" meaning, I haven't played it in like a week. My friends were going to get on it and we were going to make a super group, but it never happened. Oh well.

If anyone out there has any top secret information about some new UO remake coming out, please lemme know. I'd give my left testicle for another MMO like that. Of course I heard the creator of UO has abandoned it completely. I'm gonna go to his castle one day and egg it. <_<

• HEYuSHOOSHHEYuSHOOSH Member UncommonPosts: 107

Originally posted by LilithIshtar
    I think he ment lack of good pvp. As in not 1vs1 fests and open battleground pvp, such as mass pvp anywhere with any race besides the towns.

There is kind of an arena where any race can fight each other in stv, but ya know, i guess don't count that?
  • fizzle322fizzle322 Member Posts: 723
    Eve : *****   - Props for being a PVP game, mad props for breaking the mold, the numero uno for me.
    UO : ***     - Props for being a PVP game and being innovative. Remove 2 stars for going carebear.
    EQ1: ***    - 3 stars for being the first 3d MMO. Remove 2 stars for being a grind/campfest/PVE.
    AC : ****   - 4 stars for being fresh and different. Remove 1 star for the rubberbanding and lame graphics
    Sims: ***   - 3 stars for innovation and being girl-centric. Minus 2 stars because you dont get to shoot anyone.
    AO : **     - 2 stars for being Sci Fi and Free. Minus 3 stars because I hated everything else about it.
    WoW: **** - 4 stars for being fun and well-made. Minus 1 star because its too carebear.
    L2 : ****  - Props for being a PVP game. Minus 1 because I hate Fantasy
    Auto Assault : NO STARS :  Worst MMORPG I ever played. I'm sorry but this was a
    waste of disk space.

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

all of them.

I'm looking foward to Medieval Total War 2.  Not a MMO.

• ConverseSCConverseSC Member Posts: 572

Originally posted by Darkchronic

What?

Just nod and smile.  Nod and smile.
  • AenashiAenashi Member UncommonPosts: 52

Worst ones...

AC2 ..not at work just when it broke chat for a year.