Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

L2 a legit way to making money

CryomatrixCryomatrix Member EpicPosts: 3,223
Hey guys,

I am by no means an expert at making money but I will try to help. First my secret is that I am a nice guy and when i frst started on the realm I leveled from 1-23 all alone and i didn't accept gifts. From lvl 1-23 i saved up a meager 170k and bought a short spear (go go 24 p.atk) anyway this is what happened and this is how I try to make money.

So at lvl 23, I joined a clan and they against my will gave me some items, i offered to pay them back completely with mats and everything. A few days later a friend that i met lent me a +12 ELS. This is weapon with 134 p.atk. Let's just say this weapon is nasty and is probably worth over 25m on most servers. Either way, I leveled with it and when I hit 40, I joined the lender's clan and then he told me to sell the weapon. Since i am impatient I sold the weapon for 23.5m. That was at lvl 40, I am lvl 61 now and i'm worth over 100m. Also, before I hit 40 I was able to make up to 5m adena with the help of a 1m adena gift when I had no money.

That's my secret, I was given basically 25m over at lvl 40, but I had to buy my gear so it was quickly reduced to 2-3m. I did have top C gear though.

Okay, now I've fully delegitimatized myself, let's begin.

I spent 30% of my time going to Giran and checking prices. My goal was to find someone selling mats for a cheaper price than a person buying mats. It actually worked out quite well, I remember one time I made 90k in a minute. Another time i caught a person who screwed up the price of a mat and was buying for 750. I made a nice 1m off that.

Another secret I use is I look for people buying materials that can be crafted (i.e. cokes, synthetic cokes, DMP, etc). For example, I found a person buying cokes at 2.6k. I shopped around and bought charcoal at 222 and coal at 450 apiece. It takes 3 coal and 3 charcoal to make a coke. So the total cost was about 2100 including crafting cost. The guy needed 3.5k cokes. So I made 500 adena per coke on that deal. It took me about an hour or two. But I did it. I made about 200k off that.

These were small gains. Midway through lvl 35 I was able to get a good full drop and I had like 3.5m adena. So I was in Dion and I saw a brig helm for 1.8m (that's cheap), I bought it right away and sold it later on for 2.2m.
The principle is buy low and sell high. It just takes time trying to find the right deals.

Currently, I have 30m in cash, 55m worth of my +5 tsu*sls, and about 5-10m of junk in my warehouse and my full BW heavy set and my Full top D set + top d weapon on my alt. So i have money now.

What I am currently doing now is buying AA at 2a apiece and then I go find Merchant of Mammon and I buy 10x +4 dex - 4 con. So the total cost is 3.5m, I sell the 10 dyes for 5m apiece. Too bad I hesitated this morning and lost out on 2.5m AA for 2 apiece. On Hindemith AA ranges from 2.2a to 3a apiece (mostly 3a).

That's what I'm going to do for a couple of weeks, I just have to make sure I have enough liquid cash to get AA at a good price.

Another way I used to make money was I used to go afk and setup a Buy shop in dion/gludin and buy mats cheap. It actually works, but for me, my problem is I don't have a two-box so i can't do it. If i had a two box i guarantee I'd be twice as rich as I am now in only 2 months. Since, i don't have a two-box, I can't sell stuff while i'm playing, thus I have to sell stuff cheap and I can't setup Buy shops.

Another way I made money recently was instead of buying tsu*sls, i bought tsu and SLS separately and crafted them myself, saving 2m, then i sold a few and I overenchanted one to +4 and sold it for 40m to get cash to play with.

Then I made my +5 tsu*sls of course had the waepon broke I would have been screwed.

Now on to seeding, I'm still a bit confused because bots sort of ruin things. But make sure when you buy seeds that you buy seeds that can only be seeded on a specific level of monster at your specific level range and in a specific area. I am still a bit unsuccessful.

Like to try it out I bought 20 seeds for 59-69 level and i went into patriots. Also, you get 2 or 3 x the return if you seed catacomb monsters or hpx monsters. So i seeded 20 monsters and got back 42 seeds or plants or whatever. I spent 5k on the seeds. When I handed them in I got 2xDMP. Dmp = 35k on my server so that's 70k for the price of 5k.

Another way you can make money is this, of course it depends on your server, but go to Giran buy SoR or whatever equivalent weapon at 1.6m, go to BS of mammon and pay him 480k AA to upgrade your weapon to top D.

On my server, since if you look hard enough, you can get AA for 2a, so that 480k AA = 960k adena and the weapon is 1.6m adena. That comes out to about 2.55m adena and the top D weaopns sell for 3m. I know a guy who sells like 50 of them a week or so and that's 25m a week. I don't have a two box or else I'd be there selling at 2.9m and getting it all.

Hmm what are other ways to get money, if you are in a party try buying mats for cheap off the people. If you want to be really hardcore and be really legit, you can do this.

Let's say you actually 3-box. 2-box and 3-box means you have bought 3 accounts and can have more than 1 L2 running at the same time.

So if I had 3 accoutns, i'd have one guy in Dion permanently buying materials, I'd have another guy permanently selling stuff. If you see something for cheap, you can buy it and transfer to your perma-seller. I always sell cheap because I am impatient and if Im' selling it means i'm not leveling.

I suggest that everyone seeds at all levels basically because it can only help as i've seen it. I realize that after healing potions and soulshots the profit you make from hunting is quite small if not negative.

Also, I like to resell my equipment if it is something that is very common. For example, Brig shield is extremely common. So i'd go to sleep and i'd sell it overnight at 300k, the next morning I woudl go buy it again for 250k. I did this with FP armor, I bought and resold FP armor 3 x and I ended up making 3m off of it total.

THe key thing is to know prices so you don't get screwed and overpay. Also, I've never bought gear and after using it sold it for less. I was lvl 53 and using full BW armor and I sold it and bought it all back and made a 1m profit.

Also, to conserve money, when you can use priest of dawn, often times instead of porting from dion to giran (cost 8.1k) i'd use priest and pay like 1400adena and get somewhere close to giran and then i'd soe to giran to save money.

I wouldnt' be surprised if my frugality has saved me over 1m.

Grouping and getting into raid parties is also cost-effective, leveling with a scavenger is very good as you get items from the spoils. I have a 33 scavvy and people like leveling with her due to the spoils.

Another way to make money, but it takes patience, is to sell soulshots.

Basically, buy D, C, B, or A crystals and soul ore and make soulshots and/or soulspirits. On Hindemith here are the rough cost and sell.

Note: Hindemith server

DSS to make from Giran = 10a and selling price 11a if you want to sell it quick and 12a normally
CSS to make from Giran = 15a and selling price is 17a normally
BSS to make from Giran = 54-56a and selling price is 57-61 adena
ASS to make from Giran = I think it maybe 85-90a and selilng price is 95-101a

I know one guy in Hindemith Billabang, all he does is sell DSS/CSS/BSS/ASS. It's cheaper if you craft it, but in reality, not that much cheaper.

You can make good money with it. Also, I know some people who buy non-top D items for cheap prices and crush it with a dwarf and sell the D crystals indivdually.

What other ways are there of making legit money in this game. One big problem in this gmae is you can't trust anybody, I've tried to "hire" people to sell things for me in which they'd keep a small portion of the price, but you can't really trust people.

Another legit way is to train bots but a lot of them have force-log once they get below a certain hp.

Hmm, what are other ways to make money in this game. You can always go the OE route. But I'ev thought about it and it doesn't make sense to do it until at least C grade, and to be really profitable you have to get it to +10.

+10 C grade on Hindemith > 100m

But it is very risky, I broke 2 weapons going to +4 in D grade and I got lucky and made a +5 bb. The thing with me is, I have a +5 BB, but if I can sell it at a really good price I will. I found a buyer at 7.4m for my +5, which is a very good price, so I sold it.

I went to Giran, bought SoR for 1.6m, paid 480k AA and boom i have a new weapon that cost only 2.6m. Yes the difference is 106 p.atk to 92 p.atk but you know what before I even notice the difference, I'm C grade.

If you want to save money you can not use Soulshots and try to hunt 1/2xhp mobs. Being in a group is quite fun. Try to find a group of legit playes and then party with them, they'll understand when you don't use Soulshots.

Try to level with a scavvy, more drops for everyone.

How else to make money in Giran, you can try to make yourself some sort of liason for common items. Like currently i'm working with +4 dyes, sometime later this week, when I sell my +5tsu*sls and I can get like over 100 dyes, I'll try to establish myself as a Dye-trader in Hindemith. Meaning, if you want dyes, you come to me for cheaper price than the bot losers.

We'll see how this goes. Once, I have enough money, I'll start Overenchanting A weapons. I've figured through game theory, that OE A waepons is the most profitable and should be always profitable if you do it enough times.

Let me give you an example.

EWA = 9-10m on Hindemith, we'll say 10m
SoM = 60m on Hindemith if not more

BLOODY F'N INFLATION ON HINDEMITH HARDCORE.

Anyway, let's say you want a +4 SoM, you buy the waepon for 60m, and you use 4xewa for 40m now you spent 100m.

Okay, we take this 100m and by % chance of going from +3 to +4 on a weapon, I think the % is 70

So 70% chance it gets to +4, when it hits +4 it gets some new bonus or whatever, that's why +3 to +4 is huge.

So if the weapon gets to +4 it becomes worth 170m, so a 70m gain
ir the weapon breaks you get A crystals maybe worth 25m, a 75m loss

So let's say you buy 10x Som of 40x EWA of course this is 1B adena but i'm showing you an example. This is 10 OE attempts, if it works 70% of the time.

then you would gain 70m 7 times so that's 490m and you would lose 75m 3 times so it would end up being 490m - 225m and boom you have a 265m profit.

Even if you succeed 6 times, it would end up being a 420m gain - 300m loss and that is 120m profit.

This i only going from +3 to +4.

I know a person on HIndemith all he does is OE and he says, he makes more than he breaks, so he stays positive. I don't have enough money to do that :(.

This weekend, I hope to have 100m in liquid cash and then I may attempt to OE. But if it fails i'm back to 25m in liquid cash and no weapon lol.

If i go to enchant C grade and try to get it to +10 to get 100m+, the likelihood of that failing is huge.

I may be brave and try to get my +5 tsu*sls to +8, then it would be worth over 100m, but the likelihood is 35% that it works. Which isn't really bad, but if it fails, Im done. +10 tsu*sls is worth 250m range and the likelihood of hitting that is only 17%.

OR i can stay with my new found dye business and make 1.2-1.8m per 10 dyes i sell, if i buy 100 dyes, i'll get 12-18m profit. The dyes sell pretty quickly. I put 20 dyes up while I took a shower and they both sold lol.

I wish i had more, I wish i didn't hesitate to buy AA for 2a.

How else can one legitimately make money? Spellbooks, but they suck so bad to sell and everyone sells them.

My true goal in this game, which would take me months, would be to accumulate over 1B in Adena and the I want to attempt to control the market, however, I can never compete with bots, so I'm sure some of them have 10B adena plus.

I want my clan to control the market economically, basically, when we want a price to change, then we change it. I want to be like Greenspan, too bad it won't happen.

I mean if a person had enough money, they could really inflate the prices. I mean hell, all you do is go to giran and choose a basic material. Let's say animal bones (They rose from 800 apiece to 1200 apiece in a few weeks), and buy it all, I mean buy and buy and buy. Eventually supply runs out, then you start distributing the millions of animal bones to clan members who setup shop at a significantly higher price and then boom, you just made 10-20% profit. Of course you'd have to PK all the bots in catacombs of Apo as all they ever do is drop bones and spoil bones from there. A scavvy and myself in 3 hours got 1000 bones. think of like 15 bot trains 24/7 how many bones they spoil.

If i had things my way, I'd be leader of a huge alliance in which we'd just PK bots all days in catacombs of Apo and then buy all animal bones and raise prices immensely. I woudl do it for fun more so than anything else.

Hmm, any other ways to make money. Meet new people, the more people you know the more access to cheaper prices. I met a guy who sold his mats to an NPC, which is like throwing money down the toilet, so i offered to buy it off him. Boom i make 50-100k profit every time i buy from him.

Another way to make money is to know what to craft, there are certain items you can craft for chaeper than they are sold and certain items that are much more expensive to craft.

Anyway i got to go.

Cryomatrix

Qais on HIndemith server

Catch me streaming at twitch.tv/cryomatrix
You can see my sci-fi/WW2 book recommendations. 

Comments

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Excellent post cryo.

I'm glad you didn't buy into all the morons claiming the game is "impossible".

I found it rather easy to make money once I "figured it out" also. It just takes time. Most people are to impatient for that.

Anyway, you look like you have taken to an all new level. You mastered the economy AND hit level 60 in what? Two months?

You are inspiring me to return.....again lol

• RenithRenith Member Posts: 145

omg.. very clever :) although i liked the game allready .. money farming aint so hard(but still this is very clever and im really gonna put some to the test of course) .. patience is important for this game but if you give it you will get some great amusement in return =)

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581
    working the market is always one way, but i guess it isen`t for everyone and you also need to start out with some money for it...

oh well espacily everyone should start seeding when they solo at lvl 5+ and look at www.l2wh.com for prices the most profitabel maths... if you start to seed, you can make enof cash for your gear but get`s hard at C grade and B grade, useing SS and B sps is okay but try to avoid useing potions when you hunt..

here are some quest`s that are worth it

Little Wing req lvl 35 starts in Giran Castle Town at Pet Manager Cooper, the reward is a random Hatcling its Repotable, they are 3 types Star Wind and Twillight, the Twillight is the one that´s most worth, its a bit hard cause you have to run into Enchantet Vally, i woulden´t recommend this before lvl 40 if you dont have good gear, or has Sleep... Wind, and star are around 150, to 200k worth and hard to sell, depeing on server but Twillight can go for 1m or more and esay to sell...

Enhance Your Weapon req lvl 40, starts in Giran Castle Town at Grand Magister Jurek or Town of Oren at Magister Gideon or Town of Aden at Magister Winonin... it dosen´t matter where you start the quest, it be the same, you be given a Soul Crystal (Color) 3 colors to choose from Blue, Red, Green you can take as many as you want... when you gotten a Soul Crystal (Color) you have to lvl it up witch is quite esay you just have to Right Click on the Soul Crystal when you have a Targetet Mob, that´s almost killede then they be a chance your Crystal either Lvls up, Nothing happens or it Breaks.
    (The Soul Crystals are used to put on Special Abilities on C grade Weapons and Higher Grades, the lowest Soul Crystal that can be used is LvL 5 then you need higher LvL Soul Crystals Deping on how good the C Weapon is, the 3 Color´s Blue, Red or Green all Adds diffrenet Special Abilities to every weapon)
    You can lvl em up to Stage 13, i recommend getting em to lvl 5 or 6 cause it can be done at lvl 45 or around that lvl and can be sold for around 200-400k...
    you get a whole list off what Mobs to Hunt. 
    The soul crystals can be lvled at every lvl on mobs but the higher the mob´s lvl is the higher you can get the crystal to

Coin of Magic req lvl 40, starts in Hunters Village at Wharehouse Keeper Soirnt, Repetable quest, here you also get a List off Mobs to Hunt for the Coin´s Timak Orc Series are on it so its a good idea to Hunt thoes with a Friend and lvl up Soul Crystals. But before you can start hunting mobs for the Coins on the list, you be send off to Talk with Bernard who send you to Forest of Mirriors, to kil a Materiach Harit Lizardman (lvl 55), now this is to hard alone so get a friend with you at lvl 40, and just give the last hit you only Need 1 Drop from the mob, Karians Coin when you gotten it you go back to Bernard and know you can finnaly start hunting for the mobs on the Quest list, they all around lvl (40 to 48 on the list)

the little Wing quest is a bit hard, and not really worth it unleass you get lucky enof to get a Twillight...
    the Enchance Your Weapon is good, and can earn some good Adena amounts depends on the server your at, but well worth a Try... The Coin of Magic is deffiently Worth it on any Server and probly the best Cash income quest its also one off the most complicatet but when you get the hang off it, it´s esay...
    if they´s any questions about em post here i see if i can anwsner em

Conquest of Alligator Island All lvl 38 Heine
    (Warehouse Freightman Kluck)  Pre quest for  Searching for treasure lvl 42 Req (starts at Heine Trader Espen)
    i never tried it, but the Reward is Elven Mithril Gloves for Searchng tresure, they about 1m and Repeatbel quest the info is from SeanRP and Darkheart2 

but not everyone likes quest`s so here´s some good mobs to hunt for nice drops

Bridgandine Helmet Desing or full drop, they about 2m worth atm on Teon, if you get the Designs just craft the helm yourself and sell em... theys 4 diffrenet mobs dropping em they all around lvl 40, use www.l2wh.com to find it or ask me for they names...
    Brigandine Shield Designs, and full drops also drops at the same mobs they go for about 200k

then theys Elven Mithril Gloves Desgins, full drop or Knowglede Gloves Designs, full drop but they not so good to go for since the mobs also drops lots off other designs witch are useless, the mobs are around lvl 40 to...

Plate Leather Boot Linning for plated leather boots, they around 6m full drop but drops from 2x Hp mobs and some off em are Group Mob´s so you either need a hand or to be a Nuker with Aoe Sleep, they all around lvl 44 mobs...
    the mobs also drop Karmin Gloves Designs

The best is going for Bridgainde helmet Drops, and then later Plated leather boots/karmin gloves drops, just look at lineage2.com off set items, and check they prices on l2wh and locations then go hunt for the main math drops, and craft em to sell em...

• NadrilNadril Member Posts: 1,276
    First off, excelent guide :).

I found that realy once you have money in Lineage II it becomes a lot easier to make it. One of my main money makers at the moment are raids. Whenever a raid boss drops some good loot I'll bid on it.

For example, a week ago we raided and got a Blessed EWC. These items sell for 7M-9M a piece. Well, I bid up to 1.6M and won it (because everyone else had no more money/didn't want it). Bam, easy 6M profit for me.

Also, I can't stress enough to join a clan. My clan is the reason why I can have top C grade at my level. Join a good clan and they might help you out a bit :).

However, now that they helped me (they helped me through D grade, I got the C grade stuff my self :D) the game is good. One of the nice things for nuker's is that I can use my equip up to quite high levels.

Also I do agree, events help a ton. There usualy will be one going on, and you can make quite a profit from them. .