Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reasons I should play runescape anyone?

I have heard much about it but i do not know if i should waste time on that game,please give me some reasons for playing and what you think of the game?I want to know how many people hate it and how many people like it here.PLEASE TELL ME.

Comments

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME

It has terrible graphics, aweful gameplay, no real content, no storyline at all and you will be hard pressed to fin anyone over the age of 13. I played up to level 72, I had 73 mining and a bunch of other junk, few rune sets whatever, and I wish I could take every second back that I wasted playing that game. If you think other communities are immature runescape is the worst.

Edit:

My characters name was miner mania7, I looked up the highscores for you so I can show you I actually know what I'm talking about.

Personal scores for Miner Mania7
    Skill   Rank Level XP
    Overall 805,460 715 2,688,749
    Attack 767,062 59 255,940
    Defence 618,246 55 166,753
    Strength 623,206 61 332,734
    Hitpoints 628,142 60 293,166
    Ranged 418,752 54 154,197
    Prayer 484,667 43 50,977
    Magic
    Not Ranked
    Cooking
    Not Ranked
    Woodcutting
    Not Ranked
    Fletching
    Not Ranked
    Fishing
    Not Ranked
    Firemaking 974,279 36 26,741
    Crafting
    Not Ranked
    Smithing 669,396 47 75,257
    Mining 62,180 73 1,071,477

• XyangXyang Member Posts: 216

I don't agree with paranoidpvp. Every MMO on the market are actually a waste of time. By definition, current MMO are exactly that: A pass time. So i don't know what he expect but if he played that long, it surely wasn't because it was as boring as he claimed.

The community of "every" game that is free is going to be full of 13 years old free loaders. If you actually get a paying account, not only will it open really interesting content but you'll find out that there's a big jump in the community in general. (and a good one)

Runescape is a java script, so saying it has horrible graphics is completely moronic: It's as good as it gets for that type of game, on which you can play on a pentium II 500mhz. The reasons why runescape is now the 4th biggest MMO on the market, with over 700k paying subscriber, is that the learning curve of the game is really not arsh and it's taking you by the hand until you are ready to fly by yourself. The skill base system is also really well done and FINALLY, a MMO when you can freaking SOLO and get SOMEWHERE!

Anyway, it's worth a try since it's free. But keep in mind the "best" stuff are NOT for the free loaders. A well worth 5 bucks a month if you ask me.

Regards.

What deserves to be done, deserves to be "well" done...

• cartoonboycartoonboy Member Posts: 11
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!! Runescape is a great game! It's fun, addcting, easy, and a very good game to spend your free time on. Since the game is Java based, the graphics aren't perfect, but they're still pretty good. Same with sound. It isn't something you would play on the dance floor, but it's not at all as bad as gameboy sound or a choir singing flat. You'll also meet lots of new friends along the way. The only reason that you might not like this game is if you're just a boring, dull guy that hates cartoons and needs a life. And another thing, this game is free!(unless you want to become a member, which only cost $5 dollars a month, which is much cheaper compared to other MMO games) So the answer to your question is YES.
  • vuubuuvuubuu Member Posts: 16

you should not play i quitted for about 6months now..

the last time i check runescape it looks so much worse than it used to be..you see botters everywhere... and its really slow...just play some other games

none

• cartoonboycartoonboy Member Posts: 11
    I disagree with vuubuu. You only see botts in free to play worlds, and even there you only see them in a few spots. And scammers aren't that common, no one's ever tried to scam me before. Most of the players are real nice. And as for Runescape being slow, it's actually pretty fast. It only lags every once in a while when a new update's been released.
  • FlameBlade33FlameBlade33 Member Posts: 13
    Runescape is the best game to play you can do almost anything. Graphics are good im level 79 and ive only played for 1 year i have 5m in items and cash

§~ƒlæmé~§
    Go greenday

• DiavirDiavir Member Posts: 31

This game was biggest waste of a year and a half of my life.

Got to level 98Cb.(98Wc)

Then I actually realised theres actually OTHER MMO's out there and started playing them.

Turns out Runescape is God awful compared to these other games.

Anyways, if your going to go play an MMO, play GW or WoW.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu
    R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

WAR: Diavir Mortis 40 Chosen
    WoW: Desinovita 76 Deathknight, Diavir 70 Elemental Shaman
    Guild Wars: Oni Ragnarok, Warrior

• ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Reasons to play Runescape:

1.) You are 12 years old and mommy won't pay for a real mmo.

2.) You are using an old 200MHz computer from 1998.

3.) A combination of the above.

If you don't fit in this list, then there is no reason to play Runecrap.

• fragmentGirlfragmentGirl Member Posts: 26
     U SHOULD waste ur time on some mmo's but NOT this one. Whoever plays it, after 2 weeks at most they regret it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played it and it SUCKED, the only reason i played it more than 2 weeks was because my crush played it, but now i think he is a turd, so i stoped. Dont play it unless that is the only mmo u can aford, but if u want a free mmo i'd go with FLYFF it frekin rocks. lata'
  • ZorvanZorvan Member CommonPosts: 8,912

Originally posted by checkme

Good-bye, cockroach.

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679
    Why don't you go figure it yourself? You don't have to download it, because it is a brouwser game. Visit www.runescape.com and create your own character for free! Good luck with your adventures!
  • Lord_ZLord_Z Member UncommonPosts: 157

Played it for less than a few mins and at an instant i shut the window down. Now normaly i don't care about graphics on games but Runescape takes the cheese and the controls on it doesnt help neither, i guess its ok if youve never played a mmorpg before since you dont know what to expect but if you have then you'll log out before you can say OMG!

Sorry for being so extra negative about it but no offense to the people who like it... it's a rather useless game, most people who play it are people who havent got the money to buy a mmorpg... :/

• h4x0rn4bsk1h4x0rn4bsk1 Member Posts: 82

Do not play this game, because:

The graphics suck.

It's in the web browser.

Is bores you fast.

Alot of hackig.

This are the main reasons, but I could write down many more if you like. I wasted pretty much time on this game when I was 11. Many kids of that age play RuneScape, kiddy game.

Inactive:
    World of Warcraft - Level 13 Human Paladin
    Dungeons & Dragons Online - Level 2 Rank 6 Halfling Rogue

• UploadUpload Member Posts: 679

Originally posted by h4x0rn4bsk1

Do not play this game, because:
    The graphics suck.
    It's in the web browser.
    Is bores you fast.
    Alot of hackig.
    This are the main reasons, but I could write down many more if you like. I wasted pretty much time on this game when I was 11. Many kids of that age play RuneScape, kiddy game.

Seems like you still fit in this category, hard-name-boy.
  • VesilisVesilis Member UncommonPosts: 21
    If you are looking for something Pvp-wise, from experience I wouldn't reccomend Runescape. Otherwise it is a solid game that can be addicting at times, has graphics you won't try to murder someone for seeing, and (from when I played) had some nice people on it. The problem that I have heard about from my friends who play runescape is that there are so many players. They say it's hard to get killsmaking it hard to level and hard to mine due to higher levels taking all the resources. The battle system gets boring after a small amount of time, and the magic system seems lacking to me. The idea that you can have a god-like character because you can have your magic, attack, and money-getting skills high is downgraded by the fact that in PvP action there isnt much, well, action. It is also downgraded by the fact that you can't get to the all-powerful character because of all the other people on. Great game for a while but not one that I personally could stay addicted to for very long. I say give it a try and get the feel for it, but if it isn't your thing in the beginning it probably won't be for the rest of the game. Good luck.

• kdfosifkikdfosifki Member Posts: 4

Just don't play it. It was fun at first for me but when they added the "3-D" look it actually lagged. I just love the origianl though it was fun. DONT PLAY IT...

"Don’t unthinkingly follow authorities, whether intellectual, political or religious. And don’t unthinkingly follow traditions, or social conventions. Think for yourself. Look at the facts, and try to base you're views and your behavior on how things actually are."

• Gam3d4rKGam3d4rK Member Posts: 146
    I disagree to play that game, Its bored, stupid, and with poor graphics, so dont play that game, play MAPLESTORY !!!! ^_^

• AeylasAeylas Member Posts: 3
    Well, don't listen to those negative guys ^^
    I have played runescape form over a year and a half, and i still think it is the best free MMORPG that exists.

The reasons? Here they come.
     It is a web game, that means that you can play it with your internet explorer or mozilla firefox. You don't need to download it! That is an impressive advantage: you can play it wherever you want! You are going to a friend's house who doesn't know the game: it doesn't matter! you don't have to download it (a waste of time), you just open the browser and that's it!

Secondly, it is the free game with the most variety of actions. You can do wathever you want, not as other MMORPGs! You can cut trees, make armors, enchant items, make arrows and bows, cut gems, make your own cloth, construct deadly weapons, make your own wizard stuff, cook every kind of food you can imagine and obviously fight with swords, bows, axes, magic, mining pickaxes and enchanted items!

Third, you can play it with any computer you want (from a prehistoric one to a computer coming from a sci-fi film) and it will be totally lag-free, and not slow! My computer really su***, it seems it was made by the dinosaurs, but i never experienced any kind of lag with the game! it worked well, and quickly!

Fourth, if you want to enhance the game experience and having access to lots of new skills and a much bigger map, you can become a member for only 5 dollars! That's much less than any other MMORPG monthly fee. I recomend being a member: i was one for like 6 months and i really loved runescape.

Finally, it is a highly adictive game that won't get you bored with all the quests to do and all the items to find. If you just forget about the graphics, it is an excellent game!!!

So, i recomend you playing this game. I haven't found a better free game yet, and i played lots: Flyff, Silk Road, Turf Battles... nothing is better than Runescape.

Just try it and figure it yourself (of course, don't quit after the first day of playing, try playing for over three or four days, and i'm sure you will love it.) go to the site and look at it: www.runescape.com

• darklord-iamdarklord-iam Member Posts: 13

Im not sure if ych of kids playinou should it oks if your a memeber it isnt like other mmorpg. you cant have multiple characters. the is no  guild but clans. there is pvp in certain areas.  there are alot of minigames where you ncan spend time pvp, lvl up or just have fun. I am a previous member llvl 76 named darklord-iam. and iam-darklord, gokudarklord. i can be found on my hiscores. my stats below.

Overall 411,131 1039 3,475,991
    image Attack 561,757 64 438,547
    image Defence 871,433 53 138,836
    image Strength 488,097 68 632,259
    image Hitpoints 722,769 62 343,712
    image Ranged 996,659 44 61,248
    image Prayer 756,737 40 39,599
    image Magic
    Not Ranked
    image Cooking 921,456 54 163,917
    image Woodcutting 773,368 61 310,139
    image Fletching 437,841 53 137,089
    image Fishing 266,288 66 541,468
    image Firemaking 819,989 42 49,155
    image Crafting 823,132 43 52,396
    image Smithing 829,417 46 74,302
    image Mining 705,434 58 235,562
    image Herblore
    Not Ranked
    image Agility 280,112 46 70,985
    image Thieving 539,545 39 34,438
    image Slayer 400,610 30 14,350
    image Farming
    Not Ranked
    image Runecraft 420,233 34 21,756
    image Hunter
    Not Ranked
    image Construction 225,868 31

as y

• zerohunter64zerohunter64 Member Posts: 9
    dont u ever try to play this game its very ummm .... im thinking the correct word.... oh man no words can describe it  anyway dont play it its a waste of ur time really bad u will get boring wen u reach lvl 15
  • CryptorCryptor Member UncommonPosts: 523
    I can't thikn of any reason why anyone would play it, especially when there is so many free-to-play but pay for premium items games.
  • IAmItIAmIt Member Posts: 1
    1)It's full of 8 year olds

2)There are more bots and hackers on the free server than there are real players

3)I still regret that I wasted 2 minutes of my life playing it
  • The_LadyThe_Lady Member Posts: 5

If you like lots of quests, items and skills you should play it, if you like good communities you shouldn't.

• therock3000therock3000 Member UncommonPosts: 48

like everyone said. this game doesnt have great graphics.. this game are for people that are seriously bored.

• ShanniaShannia Member Posts: 2,096
    Originally posted by h4x0rn4bsk1

Yes, you are right.  Maybe you should have spent more time on your education.  Your use of language needs some work.
    The game is actually a good teaching tool.  You learn a lot about math, business, and time management. 

Fear not fanbois, we are not trolls, let's take off your tin foil hat and learn what VAPORWARE is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporware

"Vaporware is a term used to describe a software or hardware product that is announced by a developer well in advance of release, but which then fails to emerge after having well exceeded the period of development time that was initially claimed or would normally be expected for the development cycle of a similar product."