Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

finally i will see if the bad posts about this game are true

yup dling 7 day trial and if this game is good i will probably buy it in the near feture if it sucks er.....maybe if im bored ill buy it depends i have alot of free time until i get paged for work imageimageimage

a job of a lorer is to preach the history of chaos with out the lorer of chaos all would be in chaos

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

Comments

• MakaneMakane Member Posts: 232

Seven days really isn't enough time to try it out, as I was pretty bored at first in HZ. Be sure to check out the real towns, not just the starter towns.

MAKANE
    (Horizons: Malakye Revan - Conjurer on Bounty)
    Lords of Stonekeep

• NuggetNugget Member Posts: 113

im also d/l the 7 day trial from gamespy... about 55% done... this is going to take awhile...

Also is this true? in order to cancel your account you need to call them?

anyone who plays the game currently... whats the biggest server? whats a good starting class.

ill give it 7 days and then decide if its worth my cash or not.

• whitelizardwhitelizard Member Posts: 36

All of the severs have about the same populations, except for blight, it always has low populations on that server. If you can get high enough in level try to find golems to fight. They have the best treasure in the game.

I signed up on the twighlight server.

• zoddenzodden Member UncommonPosts: 80

The game is not good at all.

Its almost totally devoid of content and people have been quiting in large numbers

5 hrs into the game and i think i will be canceling LOL

but hey im glad i gave it a trial rather then blowing $30 at the store.

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263

Horizons...  sucks major donkey ass...

My 2¢.

What will he do next?
  • eldareldar Member Posts: 108

Based upon everyones open thoughts I was curious as to why the game sucks. I do believe there are more people who hate this game than like it but then again that is the business and that is how it works. Games that are put out too early or undeveloped need to suffer to ensure that MORE CRAP is not put out. Just because someone has a knowledge of making games doesn't mean they should. This might be the best example of just that....

so WHAT besides lag sucks about this game. Go into detail. plz.image

Patrick

RabidEldar
    ----------------------------

EDIT: i figured out you dont need to cancel i guess.

"Your free trial will automatically expire after 7 days. If you wish to continue playing after that time, you will need to purchase a retail cd-key and enter it into the system. Once you do that, you will have 30 days of additional free time and only after that has expired, will you be billed.

You do not need to cancel if you do not wish to continue playing the free-trial. Your credit card will not be billed." - GALE AE

Reason for quiting: confusing, slow paced, boring, and empty worlds for me... there was 2 npc to buy items from and both are empty i put in the max amount of money and still the item list was empty, i tried serveral towns and they are too EMPTY, i couldnt sell alot of my items... iether bugged or for something else that i have no idea about... there is a in game map but its useless so your as good as lost most of the time... the 3rd person camera angles blow when going up a hill you cant see anything. everytime i would go in combat ( its all automatic GAY) it would bounce me all around... even while fighting the mob it would push me back about 10m so sometimes my specials wouldnt go off. Specials on timers was dumb every 5 mins you could use your good special.  Combat felt like i was just another NPC walking around... if you clicked attack your char will follow the mob, if he goes through a tree so will you, if the mob goes through a wall so will you... the graphics arent very good, if i turned on green stance and went up a hill the green stance would be along side the hill stretched out. i went to so many areas where there was no mobs at all and the load times for recalling and loading are just plain silly.also casting spells is so bugged sometimes the mob hits me 4 times then my spells go off 3 in a row. or the mob hits me 5 times in row and my spell goes off 1 time... really no fun.

game must have memory leaks bad because it takes forever to load the game ( VIA web interface how gay) and then closing the game takes about 5 mins of lagging on my p2.5ghz 512 ram and nvidea 128meg video card.

not really worth the money or time in my opinion.

• _Hex__Hex_ Member Posts: 1

well to go into detal about some of the issues......... here it goes.

Housing- ok great you bought that plot of land, and either sunk a ton of cash in it to have it built or leveled in crafting skills to build yourself a house. BUT you cant do anything with it. you cant store anything, cant add furniture nothing it may as well be a town owned building. Structures such as silos were put in game just for storage, yet they do not work. Also you can either not allow anyone on your land or allow everyone thats it. No limiting the people you want to allow in such as guildmates ect....

Dragons- Everyone loved the idea of being a dragon, especially with the promise of being able to fly and having a dragon home (cave, or whatever it was they originally said.) . 2 months into the game there are people  hitting level 70 that are not adult dragons and cannot fly..... because it isnt possible yet. Though they claim it will be soon, I dont think they should have released it without having this in place ala SWG Jedis. Also a dragon can buy a plot but what good is it if they cant put anything on it?

Quests- alot of quests are either broken or they are just plain unfinished which to me just doesnt make sense. if it wasnt done dont put it in the game till it is.

Unfinished things in general - alot of us crafters are about to crack into the tier5 items, yet there arent even any tier5 resources in game yet. and even if thier were you cant get an expert formula yet to make anything.

Lag- I only mention this again so you understand the huge problem with it. They did do something cool in having a storyline where the community comes together to repair these 4 mines and free a new race. However after that you then have to kill these Uber MOBs which require 30+ people. Now with that said anytime U have that many people around the same area in this game u can just forget about it and hope U dont get hit. To me it reminds me of the old, old UO days where everyone was mostly on dialup and lag was such a horrible issue.

Now mind you they have alot of cool stuff in this game and some of it is pretty fun, but there is no getting away from the fact that the game is incomplete and I doubt that even AE would argue that fact. With that said I say try it for yourself and draw your own conclusion, even with all the flaws I still play the game. For how long i dont know, i guess it depends on how quickly things are fixed. I guess we will have to wait and see. Thats just my 2 cents.

• malkillmalkill Member Posts: 2

If you want to find out why you might like this game you should talk to people who are currently playing and ask them what they like and dislike about the game and see if their experience in the game meets your expectations of what the game is and could be.

Most people who are/still play and are giving the game a chance are playing it and not trolling message boards trying to badmouth any and every MMoRPG they have played.

The above poster apparently didn't input search parameters for the consigner and pawnbroker(the two NPC's) to give him a list of items they have for sell, I personally have never gone to either NPc and found them void of items and that includes these particular NPC's in every single town that had them. This is a crafter based(ie player created) economy and in such is not dependent upon NPC's supplying the wares you may need in your travels.

• jagwarrjagwarr Member Posts: 26

Lack of mobs and lack of interseting loot. It's really hurting this game right now.

It's an ok game, it's very casual.  There's no rare or hard to aquire gear or anything like that.  It's not what you would call action packed by any means.

It's more for a player who likes community stuff. Not group fighting but more group building. Which really isn't for me.  "Forced Crafting" was something I never thought about until I played Horizons.

If you like treasure hunting and trading items and going through your stuff to see what gear you should wear then this game isn't for you. 

I read someone say that it's the "Fisher Price of MMORPGs"  and in a way it's true.

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

During Beta we used to jokingly call Horizons by something we thought was more appropiate to the nature of the game.

Craftizon:  Adventurers need not apply

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670

you can go to www.ibill.com and cancel there. At least i could when i cancelled my account awhile back.

• JoeBiscuitJoeBiscuit Member Posts: 57
    Well, I started the game when it first came out and had a blast with it for a while.  I got a dragon to lvl 54 and a reaver to 34.  There still aren't any Adult dragons and also dragon's quests were pretty useless.  Might be better now, but at the time it had a lot of bugs and other issues.