Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: European Team

Blizzard Entertainment has announced that it will have a "World of Warcraft" team in Europe who will be involved in community relations, customer service and technical support.

To view the official post click here.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
-----------------------------------------
ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

Comments

• K2theKK2theK Member Posts: 67

Just as long as they are still going to let people connect to the US servers from here in the UK.

If they decide to go down the same route some other mmorpgs have done by not allowing euros to connect to US servers, I will not be happy.

• amishbobamishbob Member Posts: 7

Originally posted by K2theK

If they decide to go down the same route some other mmorpgs have done by not allowing euros to connect to US servers, I will not be happy.

Same here. I also would be even more unhappy if they do a "DAOC" on us with patch delays running into months due to language translations for the French and German servers.

I must prefer SOE`s approach on running Euro servers....patch on the same day, no special language servers.

• ParaTrooperParaTrooper Member Posts: 1,961
    IF it's still in english i don't see any reason for a delay, however for the french and german support do remember they have to translate everything.

*Notice: The views expressed in this post are solely those of the author... got sick of holding backspace.
    -----------------------------------------
    ParaTrooper, That guy that used to mod the MMORPG.com forums.

• amishbobamishbob Member Posts: 7

Well I can understand the time it takes to translate everything; its not just a case of running everything through babelfish. I can also understand people being able to play in their own language, but the problem is this..

Lets say you have an English, French and a German Euro servers. The English server will not get updated with the latest update untill the update is translated for the French and German servers, so the English server which is the same as the US servers (well unless they translate American-English into English image ) is left waiting. This is the case now in DAOC and I really hope this isn't going to be the case for the WOW.