Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What new MMORPG should I get?

Well im getting one this weekened right now I have PS and EQ but only activly play EQ. I have looked into alot of them but I need a little help deciding.  I understand alot of posts like this just ask for help but dont even say what kinds of games they like and what there looking for, I wont do that. So here it goes:

Gameplay: Im looking for Gameplay kind of similar to EQ but not actaly the same.  Maybe some new twists insted of just your normal hit and miss rpg combat.

Graphics: Not that important, as long as they arent 2d and as long as they arent really bad 3d im fine with it. Really im looking for EQ quaility to a little but above or below.

Community: I would like a game thats easier to find a group in and that alot off ppl are in most all areas. Im looking for a but better then EQs community.

Fees:As long as its worth it I dont care, however id like it less then $15. Bassicly as long as its worth the cost.

MMORPG.COM Ppl play it and might help me out a bit. I would like to play with some of you guys. Maybe we could group and stuff and I could play on you guys servers on whatever game.

Thanks for any and all responses.

Comments

• HarondorHarondor Member UncommonPosts: 9

Personally id have to recommend anarchy online. Granted it has gone downhill since the release of shadowlands but it is recovering. I have recently returned to it and the community is building steadily once more and quite a lot of the bugs caused by sl have been solved. Its quite cheap as far as they go and is absolutly huge. Plus the added advantage of try before you buy! Personally id reccomend plaing as a beurocrat or nano technition as they have the most varaity of play but the rest are quite fun too!

If you dont like the sound of that you could always try neocron. That is fun too and the pvp areas work a little better. Apart from that its very similar to AO with a couple of minor but noticeable differences and also has a try before you buy.

Or you could always go insane and try the sims online image  (cant really say as havent ever tried it!)

These are just in my opinion but as their free to try theres no harm done!

Have fun whatever game you choose!

Good luck hope you get one you love!

H

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

DAoC.

If there are 2 mmorpg everyone should try IMHO its EQ and DAoC.

DAoC is the only other mmorpg that i found up to EQ standards.

Oh and it got a very good revamp recently graphics wise so much so anything short of a geforce4ti or above struggles with it on full setting.

• DashDash Member Posts: 25

I think you should wait for some of the newer mmorpg's to come out. Nodoubt everquest i good but its very much PvE based. I think the new big titles you should wait for are: world of Warcraft, Dark and Light, everquest 2, lineage 2 or Saga of Ryzon

Your computer mught require an upgrade but in the long run its probably better to give your computer an upgrade anyway. Just be patient for like 4 more months and then then there will be a much bigger selection of good games to choose from.image

Dash The Ryu

Dash The Ryu

• Y0lkixY0lkix Member Posts: 51
    Thank you all for your responses. I think im either going to get AO or DAOC. Have any of you played FF XI I was also considering this game.

• AdrealAdreal Member Posts: 2,087
    No, but my bro has and he's a FF series fan. I've also watched him play it but haven't really looked into it. He quit after a while and he said that it wasn't what he had expected or some such thing.

p.s. boat rides in FFXI are kind'a cool though since you can fish off of the deck and once in a while a giant monster will come up on board and you gotta battle, or run for your life to the bottom of the deck, etc. I got the impression from my bro that it took a long time to get anywhere in that game ie. equipment and such...

"Put your foot where your mouth is." - Wisdom from my grandfather
    "Paper or plastic? ... because I'm afraid I'll have to suffocate you unless you put this bag on your head..." - Ethnitrek
    AC1: Wierding from Harvestgain