Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Newbie about to buy DAoC

Hey guys.... I am probably going to buy DAoC because I'm tired of waiting for EQ II or Dark and Light. I've been researching the game a little bit and have decided I want to be a healer type... Should I be a Midgard Healer or an Albion Cleric? Also, should I join a high pop server or a low pop? Thanks for any and all help!

Comments

• JhikanJhikan Member Posts: 26

Honestly I'd say friar.

But for the choice you gave, a Healer is made for Healing, and a little bit of croud control.  You can make a cleric so that it is able to cast damage spells and be a decent fighter, if you prefer more than just sole healing.

But either way I still would recomend a Staff Friar, but i'm a biased person in this matter.

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

-----------------------------------------

Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, ash burzum-ishi krimbatul.

• SutexSutex Member UncommonPosts: 150

Quite awhile since i played DAoC but......if you want to be a sole healer of the group play the cleric(if you like albion realm) if you want a big of healing and a good instant mezz/stun then play Healer(if you like midgard realm)

As for the server..hmm. I personally like low population servers. Nimue is a roleplay server(and i think the last remaining roleplay server where the players actully care about it)

I have 50's in albion Nimue and enjoyed it there. But, like i said....not played it for awhile.

• Clever_GloveClever_Glove Member Posts: 996

Do you like being a big fish in a small pool or a small fish in a big one?

I like low population severs :)

If you like to heal, and you like to heal allot. Cleric a pretty choice, Healer has a bit more utility. Either way you'll always be wanted in groups, and will likely not be the main damage dealer for your group.

If decide to go with Alb, and play on Iseult. I'll help you.

Best Wishes.

-=-=-=-=-
    Chess the original hardcore PvP game!

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% Test learn what it means here.
    Yee: Ach: 85% GRE: 65% AFF: 15% Imm 15% Test Click here to learn about it.

-=-=-=-=-
    Achievers realise that killers as a concept are necessary in order to make achievement meaningful and worthwhile (there being no way to "lose" the game if any fool can "win" just by plodding slowly unchallenged). -bartle

Bartle: A: 93% E: 55% S:3% K: 50% The Test. Learn what it means here.

• GorukhaGorukha Member Posts: 1,441
       I say go Midgard Healer.  High pop server.  DaoC has a slight problem for newbies.  People with a level 50 char can make new characters thats instantly level 20 or more depending on server.  This single feature made DaoC very newbie unfriendly, and made previously good spots for groups desolate.  Take into account buff-bots and people powerleveling themselves. 

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

It's better be hated for who you are, than loved for who you aren't.

• solutionsolution Member Posts: 33

its not that bad, probalem is your stuck with all new players and there are not that many exp players in the lower lvl's. so its just trying to exp with noob's and you just get each other killed a lot. i think the hardest lvl's is 10 to 20 i think i got 20 to 30 much faster . salisbary plains on alb is just horrible you get killed every ten mins if your in groups becuase everyone doesn't know what to do including your self.

Now if all the older players would stop saying it sucks for noob's becuase 50's get free 20's , all of us noob's wouldn't know and we would just assume this is how it always was and then it wouldnt bother.

p.s if any 50 necro's go farming on alb merlin send solution or solutionxx a tell. i'll keep ya company turn of autosplit and i'll give ya 50 g to come with you even though you proably don't need the money.

• TenebreTenebre Member Posts: 18
        I don't know about Alb or Hib but I was able to easily solo a Hunter and Thane up into the middle 20's on Midgard. As far as a healer, I would recommend getting yourself up to around lvl 12 and going into your realm's lowest lvl dungeon. People will want you to group with them because you can heal them. You will make new friends and maybe even be invited into a guild.  Also, you can get 2 or 3 levels up a day in a dungeon with a good group not to mention make some good money and some nice armor/weapon drops.  

• TenebreTenebre Member Posts: 18

By the way, don't choose a Hunter or Then like I did image  Stick with a Healer if that is what you want.

I buy the game and being a newb, promply choose the two most gimped classes in the entire gameimage

But a Hunter was fun to play PvE for awhile image

• CyberWizCyberWiz Member UncommonPosts: 914

A friar is a good class imho, they can heal and fight.

If you want to be pure support you should go healer ( the midgard class ).

Any healer type class is wanted in groups.  But until lvl 20 you will be probably soloing alot, not really a problem imho, lets you experience the game at your own speed.

If you are interested in subscription or PCU numbers for MMORPG's, check out my site :
    http://mmodata.blogspot.be/
    Favorite MMORPG's : DAoC pre ToA-NF, SWG Pre CU-NGE, EVE Online