Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I have a retarded question for you all

The game looks awesome (to stay on topic )

But for realease it say Q4,  Can soemone please tell me what Q4 means?

-------------------------

Comments

• Originally posted by NagelFire

4th fiscal quarter year for a busniess  starts somewhere in the range of ( I believe) July and ends in september.
  • hehenephehenep Member UncommonPosts: 221

Originally posted by NagelFire

Well, if you go to their main webpage they have a section off to the right that says 'Coming Soon'.  It gives a projected release date of October with a open beta date of September.
  • Seren2399Seren2399 Member Posts: 12
    They are not based on a fiscal year. 

They are based on the traditional quartered year.

Quarter 1 - Jan - Mar
    Quarter 2 - Apr - Jun
    Quarter 3 - Jul - Sept
    Quarter 4 - Oct - Dec

According to their website.  Open beta is scheduled for September, with the released scheduled for October this year.

• HydramanHydraman Member Posts: 15

I think they will release late October or more likely right before Thanksgiving.

If they have any serious problems during Open Beta, they won't have time to respond if the game is to be released in early October.

I'm pretty sure the dev's understand how important it is not to rush the game out just to make a deadline.  It's better to miss the deadline than have a horrible launch, unfortunately upper management doesn't see it that way.

• DarkikonDarkikon Member UncommonPosts: 42
    Yeah Q4 for most businesses is Oct, nov and Dec. , but it does vary. Companies can pretty much change their fiscal year to anything. I've worked for companies who's years start in Sept.
  • mutantmagnetmutantmagnet Member Posts: 274

Fiscal year has no true standard. The fiscal year for any business traditionally starts at the month the business first opens up to the public.

Sometimes businesses will change their fiscal year to what the gov't has determined will be their fiscal year, which I believe is based on the tax cycle.