Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

does rs suck?

Mr.CanadianMr.Canadian Member Posts: 2
i, for one think RS sucks crap. it gets borng quick in the beginning and when your levels high. what do you think?

Comments

• DeletedAcctDeletedAcct Member Posts: 883
    It sucks AND blows at the same time just to cover all its bases
  • Shrimp10Shrimp10 Member Posts: 275

I will tell you this.   It doesnt get boring for everyone.   I've been playing since the game came out, and look at me, i'm still playing.  I know many people who stil play who have been playing for ages.   So I think you are completly wrong.   It's a great game for what it could be being a Java-based game.   Also, I've heard rumors an RS3 might be coming out in 5 years+...

Best MMOs - RuneScape and WoW
    Crappiest MMOs - Hero Online, SWG, DDO
    MMO's played - RS, WoW, GW, EVE, AO, PlanetSide, Jumpgate, Face of Mankind, MapleStory, SO, Liniege 1 & 2, City of Villains, Flyff, Realm Online, SWG, Seed, Sims Online, City of Heroes.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.
    ----

• BobCrazytonBobCrazyton Member UncommonPosts: 2,117

Originally posted by Shrimp10

I will tell you this.   It doesnt get boring for everyone.   I've been playing since the game came out, and look at me, i'm still playing.  I know many people who stil play who have been playing for ages.   So I think you are completly wrong.   It's a great game for what it could be being a Java-based game.   Also, I've heard rumors an RS3 might be coming out in 5 years+...

Wow, RS 3?! OMgz!!!

That game will have the best realease, EVA!!! Sooooooo many people will buy it the day it comes out, yo!

Oh ya, it's a great game for a Java based game, but as just a game...eh...i've made my point a bunch of times.

• bluedemon124bluedemon124 Member Posts: 70
    Honestly, I wouldn't really mind RS if it wasn't the largest breeding ground for the most immature, ignorant, and 1337 kiddies in the world.  Idea wasn't too bad when it came out,: an extremely watered down version of a free MMo, with a miniscule semblance to UO.

• floodfrenzyfloodfrenzy Member Posts: 1

5s5auaz5?

• blindboyblindboy Member Posts: 2

i love it aswell lol you try quitting  and its impossible...seriusly lol

i know the graphics, sounds et could be alot better but hey its one of the cheapest MMORPG's on the market atm so im gonna take full advantage of that (until i can get a computer that can handle the graphics of EVE)

• kleflklefl Member Posts: 77

This game is such crap, just run and escape if you can
    No graphics and community, gameplay sucks, no night and day, u can hardly walk up a hill, animations like a game from 1980. and the fact that ppl who pay get more. just make it free for all, or p2p for all.

Edit: RS is n00b infested

• samuribladesamuriblade Member Posts: 30

it's a good game... IF you're a member. But still it has alot of players and is popular... so i guess alot of people hate and alot of people like. And it does not suck...

• sparky7483sparky7483 Member Posts: 159

Its ok if ur gettin started on MMOs, but it gets REALLY boring. ANd its so addicting i practically split off from the family playin it. ANd combat stinks too. U hit, the other guy hits, u hit, and so on and so forth until 1 of u dies. Graphics, meh.... Theyre not the end-all and be-all of MMOs, but it could improve. Same with sound. Whenebver i played i just had WM player/iTunes in the background, depending on whos parents house i was at. And Shrimp, plz just try another game.

EDIT: Its ok if u got a lot of time on ur hands and cant find anything fun 2 do and ur internet sucks or ur on a comp thats incompatible with most mmos like a mac.

EDIT2: I take it all back. It sucks no matter what situation you're in.

Life is full of choices--dont make RS one of em
    ----------
    98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

• MooslogyMooslogy Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by Shrimp10

Runescape is not one of the best, it has less than 1% of the MMo market while WoW has roughly 80%... Dont even try to make that comparison.
  • jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

rs is one of the best games i played ( i bet u thinking i not played much) as i thinks it fun and it rarley gets boring. yes the sound and graphics are crap but u do nt need to lisen to the sound u can play some music.think about it yes WOW is probaly better but WOW cost £9 a month ( tell me if im wrong ) and it cost like £20 for game + u need to spend at least £600 pound on a computer to paly it. rs cost like £3.20 a month (not much ) so its realy wat u pay for realy and im not spending £9 a month. so atm rs probaly better than wow or something else for me...(i paly in morning and at night im on bf2 coz that wen clan come on )

• purestplayerpurestplayer Member Posts: 24

Its really fun!!!

This game is great for beginers, it is easy to play and later on when you play more advanced MMOs, you will know what to do without reading a 500pg manual.

It will also help beginers with their online slang.
  • arcranger71arcranger71 Member Posts: 2

it's not too bad, could be better...

there are 20+ skills u can do(havent seen that nywhere else)

u dont need some fancy computer with 1/2 to 2GB of RAM

u dont need a internet connection faster than 56kps

u don't need 1/2 - 4 1/2GB of hardrive space

i dunno, ppl, it's not that bad for a browser based game. Most browser based MMORPG's are Text. Who wants to sit there and read this over and over again;

you swing your sword at the (insert monster name here) and hit 15

the monster claws you and hits 10

you swing your sword at the (insert monster name here) and hit 17

the monster claws you and hits 8

**Critical Hit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!**

you drawback all your power and hit a 217 on (insert monster name here)!!!!

(insert monster name here) has been slain by arcranger71

• fahrheugfahrheug Member Posts: 1
    Runescape is terrible!  Who wants to start all over everytime you die. IT SUCKS!!! plain and simple.
  • PunisherXPunisherX Member Posts: 231

Ya, I'm not an avid fan of Text-based ames. They pretty much suck ass is all they do! I like games with graphics, you know. Instead of reading "You swing your sword and hit 8 damage", I'd like to see it happen, some big dude with giant muscles, swinging his longsword at a Goblin Warrior and strike him down. That is what I want to see.

• necrotherionnecrotherion Member Posts: 130
    /quote "does rs suck?"

Yes. Yes it does.
  • hellsfearhellsfear Member UncommonPosts: 83
    rs is alright but some times i get so angry  i want 2 take a chainsaw 2 my computer then burn it in a act of phryomaniauntill it looks lik these 3 guys put 2getr  sorry 4. but then ill b sad i have no computer. And 4 the record im not co-co
  • GetalifeGetalife Member CommonPosts: 786
  • AzNfury461AzNfury461 Member Posts: 18
    haha im sry but RS SUXX!!!!!! theres juss so many other MMOs out there that are free and DONT sukk ass, haha
  • ZelphienZelphien Member Posts: 17
    Exactly!

RS is so boring when your a low lvl and not paying for membership. Its only fun when you are 90+ killing high lvl things. So what if alot of people play this shit? Its not like that can compare to how many people play WoW! Honestly, If you are thinking about playing RS, dont! Save up and play World of Warcraft.....MUCH MUCH BETTER!

BTW, No RS3 is coming out, Jagex announced that A LONG TIME AGO! The little screenshots you see on the internet are fake. If you still dont believe me, then go ahead and wait for nothing....

And I seen somebody said its good for a Java-based game, Wurm Online is a Java-based game and that has WAY better graphics than Shitty RS.
  • anthonyss4anthonyss4 Member Posts: 8

ahh you shouldn't care what other people might say if you like it play if you dont, then dont play it no need to critisize

• HensenLirosHensenLiros Member Posts: 461

There are way better free games out there...

I wouldn't play runescape if I were you.

Ultima Online 98~04
    Dark Age of Camelot 03~07
    Final Fantasy XI 04~06
    Guild Wars 05~08
    World of Warcraft 04~05
    Unsuccessful Tries: DFO/EQ2/DRaja/Rag/Req/RYL/9D/Cabal/KO/PSU/RF/GE/TO/TR/DDO/EVE/LoTRO/L2/RZ/SWG/VG

• stargatesg1stargatesg1 Member Posts: 9
    well the game does have some flaws but in all i think it good for a free game
  • ironbeardironbeard Member Posts: 67
    NO!!! You are just being stupid! You are rating this game 100% on it's graphics! no no no! This is a very fun game! Does not suck!  Pvp is better than most!
  • cartoonboycartoonboy Member Posts: 11
    People who say runescape sucks are just immature! hasn't anyone ever heard "you can't judge a game by its graphics"