Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Are we getting emu posts deleted here?

milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347

Just wondering why the post disappeared entitled "EMU v NGE"?

I did make a stupid comment just before it disappeared but it wasn't that offensive

I hope we're not getting forum nazis over here too.

Comments

• XcathdraXcathdra Member CommonPosts: 1,027
    Yeah... its agsint the sites TOS... Dont post any links or anything liek that... We already have some threads going, so they might of jsut deleted the one your talking about since its pretty much been discussed... The EMU is a sore spot with mmorpg...

Having access to a billion $ IP - Billions of dollars..
    Having access to a massive fan base of said IP - Even more Billons...
    Singly handedly alienating them due to stupidity - Priceless.

• blondehblondeh Member UncommonPosts: 540
    yeh think my topic got deleted :(

• milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347
    k thanks guys

Hopefully this will clear things up... I saent A mod the question about the EMU stuff... This was his reponse.. And hopefully he wont be to upset with me posting it.. If so we can remove it..

"I am well aware of the case you are speaking of, however, it is against our site rules and mmorpg.com does not support posting of free server information. I do not create the rules, I only enforce them. The post was locked with a warning in the thread. Your account, nor anyone else's, received an account warning.

It falls under the category of "illegal activities" because it is linked to software piracy in the sense that server code is being emulated w/o the express permission of SOE.

Hope this clears things up.

Thank you,

Dekron "

• maxantomaxanto Member Posts: 778

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Hopefully this will clear things up... I saent A mod the question about the EMU stuff... This was his reponse.. And hopefully he wont be to upset with me posting it.. If so we can remove it..

"I am well aware of the case you are speaking of, however, it is against our site rules and mmorpg.com does not support posting of free server information. I do not create the rules, I only enforce them. The post was locked with a warning in the thread. Your account, nor anyone else's, received an account warning.

It falls under the category of "illegal activities" because it is linked to software piracy in the sense that server code is being emulated w/o the express permission of SOE.

Thank you,

Dekron "

Wow so they did change their minds. I recieved a 1 day ban cause of posting a link to their forums... now people don't even get a warning just a locked thread? Hmmm
    Oh for the record that pm I posted was from a while ago.. It has nothing to do with the recent EMU stuff... Just posting what there view is.

Mind you Mods here, I am not upset that you changed your stance on this subject just a little surprised.

I guess the SOE mods are bored with the SWG forums being down. So they've came here, been given admin rights for the next few days and are continuing their fight against us :D

Oh for the record that pm I posted was from a while ago.. It has nothing to do with the recent EMU stuff... Just posting what there view is.

Well that same mod told us all just the other day in a thread that it was ok to discuss as long as no links are posted. He did say it was borderline but acceptable. So I do think there was still a change made (though fi wot you say is right its been changed now 3 times). I sorta do wish they could just outline it in their rules of conduct specifically applying to free servers period. Most people do not consider the emulation projects to be piracy. And there are a lot of games listed here in the forums that have emulation servers... not just SWG.
  • pirrgpirrg Member Posts: 1,443
    a good choice really, the scam that is the emu should never have been discussed here in the first place imo

Originally posted by blondeh
    I guess the SOE mods are bored with the SWG forums being down. So they've came here, been given admin rights for the next few days and are continuing their fight against us :D

ack the mods here are nothing like SOE's. What a cruel comparision!

Originally posted by pirrg
    a good choice really, the scam that is the emu should never have been discussed here in the first place imo

In a way I agree with you... though it got me a ban and a lot of disrespect from this community... after all this is the forum for SOE's SWG. Notice how the link information goes to SOE and not these emulation guys...
  • milton1970milton1970 Member Posts: 347

I think it should if the current game has deteriorated to the point where an emu server becomes a valid alternative.

Like the forum says, it's discussion, so it's worth discussing.

Personally I'd like soe to wake up and realize what is happening and open a classic server or two, that'll quell most of the emu uprising, problem solved

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340

Sorry, have to feed the troll...

It's at version 20 since it went OS on Monday of this week (three days).  I've personally verified that it is not a scam or vaporware.  It works.  Is it a complete pre-CU system?  Extremely far from it.  However, the only thing it needs to get there is time.

The fact that you don't want others playing pre-CU only displays your discontent with what SOE is giving you.  If you really enjoyed the NGE that much, what would it matter to you that others want to play pre-CU?  (This is just another example of how desparately SOE needs to get out of the MMO business.  They do not create communities, they create sides and rifts.)

Here's the point all the NGE supporters always miss:  SOE created the need for the emulator.

• Feliis-FOADFeliis-FOAD Member Posts: 38

And how is what SOE is doing with the NGE not a scam?  9 months in and they've yet to deliever on a SINGLE promise.

And no, it's not a scam.  It's real, it's coming sooner than you think, and it will be around long after NGE is either replaced or SWG is cancelled (coming before 2007 at the rate it's going).

The TOOW/NGE bait and switch was most definately a scam, btw.  Which is why they offered refunds to avoid being sued and even prosecuted!

• TamalanTamalan Member Posts: 1,117

This is a news site about MMORPG's.

I consider it news when a siginificant fanbase of an MMORPG game are so reviled by the destruction of their game that they attempt to re-create it.

Its that simple to me.

• RabiaRabia Member Posts: 622

Thank you,

Dekron "

That they have the policy in the TOS and enforce it  for that reason is legit.
    This statement, however, is patently wrong.  None needs SOEs permission to indepentantly create and run an emulation of SWG.  Other examples exist, such as SAMBA, that already provide some legal precedence on the matter.  Heck, even Linux has as well.

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402

Originally posted by Tamalan

This is a news site about MMORPG's.

I consider it news when a siginificant fanbase of an MMORPG game are so reviled by the destruction of their game that they attempt to re-create it.

Its that simple to me.

Very well put,

Does the media talk about drugs?    thats illegal right?

Does the media talk about Murder?  Illegal also I think

Do news organizations discuss  Illegal activities?

Actually the entire question of "is the E** legal or not" is in question.

This is a HUGE news article when it comes to mmorpg news. If we can not discuss it here?

Where do we go to discuss it?

E's a good.... He's Ebineezer good

• BissrokBissrok Member Posts: 1,002
    MMORPG.com seems to be pretty tolerant of the whole emu thing. I've talked about it atleast twenty times but have only gotten yelled at when I posted a link. I think I can live with that.

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928
    Who cares...? Its not like you are/will be missing anything, there are 5 emu threads made up here every other day. Youve seen, read and heard everything there is to know, its over. All thats left is to wait.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• LilTLilT Member Posts: 631

Originally posted by Spathotan
    Who cares...? Its not like you are/will be missing anything, there are 5 emu threads made up here every other day. Youve seen, read and heard everything there is to know, its over. All thats left is to wait.

Exactly. This shouldnt be the place for emu news, since mmorpg.com obviously disagree with it and we are using *their* site. Whether you think it is illegal or not, it is questionable and we should respect mmorpg.com's stance on it as long as we continue to post here.

For the Horde!

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by LilT

Originally posted by Spathotan

Exactly. This shouldnt be the place for emu news, since mmorpg.com obviously disagree with it and we are using *their* site. Whether you think it is illegal or not, it is questionable and we should respect mmorpg.com's stance on it as long as we continue to post here.

Yea. Ive already gotten 2 warnings and a 3 day ban over stuff that is legal...lol. Break the rules, do the time.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• ZaushZaush Member Posts: 371
    I was banned for 1 week, without warning. It is talking about the EMU specificlly that is the issue, but the  "pricing" and linking to sites that is bannable. Unless they have changed their stance in 2 days.