Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

End game?

Dark-AsylumDark-Asylum Member Posts: 300
Coming from WoW is there any sort of end game raids or anything similar to that? If there are could someone describe them to me and how they work?

Thanks.

Comments

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum
    Coming from WoW is there any sort of end game raids or anything similar to that? If there are could someone describe them to me and how they work?

Thanks.

Im only jus picking them up but there appears to be RvR where victory gives an xp bonus to the victors Realm/Clan and there seem to be mid and end game raids in the new expansion (which apparently give lots of credits).

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

• MaZtoRMaZtoR Member UncommonPosts: 24

Originally posted by grimboj

Originally posted by Dark-Asylum

Thanks.

Im only jus picking them up but there appears to be RvR where victory gives an xp bonus to the victors Realm/Clan and there seem to be mid and end game raids in the new expansion (which apparently give lots of credits).

THere are tower wars that gives xp bonuses.  Thinks its 20% divided by the number of spots your faction have.

There are raid bosses on both RK and SL and there are some new alien sectors to that you raid.
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

I think AO is a bit more complex then the simplistic WoW design. You are suppost to have fun and that sort of thing throughout the game not just at the end. 

I could be wrong.

• panjitpanjit Member Posts: 153

Originally posted by Torak

I think AO is a bit more complex then the simplistic WoW design. You are suppost to have fun and that sort of thing throughout the game not just at the end. 
    I could be wrong.

?

WoW's downfall is generally considered to be the repetitive and unimaginative end game, the 1-60 content is far from lacking. Given it's very structured and quest orientated (if you let it be) but none the less it is definitely not a desperate grind to the end for some long awaited content.

This mindless WoW bashing really gets on my tits, and I don’t even like nor play the game. The ‘WoW player’ title has developed into an insult, and it's rather lame - especially, as you just demonstrated, when people know so little about it, or at least give that impression.

Originally posted by panjit

I could be wrong.

?

WoW's downfall is generally considered to be the repetitive and unimaginative end game, the 1-60 content is far from lacking. Given it's very structured and quest orientated (if you let it be) but none the less it is definitely not a desperate grind to the end for some long awaited content.

This mindless WoW bashing really gets on my tits, and I don’t even like nor play the game. The ‘WoW player’ title has developed into an insult, and it's rather lame - especially, as you just demonstrated, when people know so little about it, or at least give that impression.

Well...........I have had it since release....and still have it active and play occassionally.

It is simplistic. It is not designed along the same lines as AO. The entire point to WoW is to get to the endgame, which is very easy to do. There is no emerssion. Its a quick level trip from 1 to 60 then capture the flag maps or raids. That is it.

Which is fine if you like that sort of thing. Personally after over a year and half, its rather repetitive (like you said) I only played it dedicated about 8 months which was enough. I hop on every now and then still when I'm in the mood.

I never said it was NOT a fun game game however.

It is IMHO opinion nothing more then a multiplayer console game. It is a finely made game.

You assumed I didn't like WoW, I never said that........ I'll get off your tits now, that must hurt

I could be wrong.

?

Well...........I have had it since release....and still have it active and play occassionally.

It is simplistic. It is not designed along the same lines as AO. The entire point to WoW is to get to the endgame, which is very easy to do. There is no emerssion. Its a quick level trip from 1 to 60 then capture the flag maps or raids. That is it.

Which is fine if you like that sort of thing. Personally after over a year and half, its rather repetitive (like you said) I only played it dedicated about 8 months which was enough. I hop on every now and then still when I'm in the mood.

I never said it was NOT a fun game game however.

It is IMHO opinion nothing more then a multiplayer console game. It is a finely made game.

You assumed I didn't like WoW, I never said that........ I'll get off your tits now, that must hurt

Well, I disagree. I found the levelling up to be rather enjoyable and immersive, but I haven't played it in a long time. Sorry if I jumped down your neck a bit, just me being a grumpy git

• grimbojgrimboj Member Posts: 2,102

I could be wrong.

I dont like this sort of argument. You can level up incredibly fast in shadowlands - so what then? Are you saying those people levelled up too fast and missed the content? rofl.

--
    Note: PlayNC will refuse to allow you access to your account if you forget your password and can't provide a scanned image of the product key for the first product you purchased..... LOL

Originally posted by panjit Well, I disagree. I found the levelling up to be rather enjoyable and immersive, but I haven't played it in a long time. Sorry if I jumped down your neck a bit, just me being a grumpy git

Yeah, I had a lot of fun in WoW, no question. Like anything else, it gets old and you move on. Sometimes we all tend to only remember the negitives about a game and not the positives. On top of that, MMO's are largely a subjective experience.

As far as grumpy, yeah these forums tends to put you on the defencive.

Many people like to lash out at your opinions but NEVER offer anything of any real substance in return. I can shoot one-liner sarcastic replies also but they are pretty pointless.   

Originally posted by panjit Well, I disagree. I found the levelling up to be rather enjoyable and immersive, but I haven't played it in a long time. Sorry if I jumped down your neck a bit, just me being a grumpy git

Yeah, I had a lot of fun in WoW, no question. Like anything else, it gets old and you move on. Sometimes we all tend to only remember the negitives about a game and not the positives. On top of that, MMO's are largely a subjective experience.

As far as grumpy, yeah these forums tends to put you on the defencive.

Many people like to lash out at your opinions but NEVER offer anything of any real substance in return. I can shoot one-liner sarcastic replies also but they are pretty pointless.   

Aye agreed, although hope I offered something a little of substance, even if it was of the early morning, brain still in bed type stuff.

• WillowwhispWillowwhisp Member Posts: 32

Yes there are Endgame raids. I can only speak for the Rimor server but I believe Atlantean is set up similarly.

At 210+, most of the "Endgame" raids are opened up to players. The two main raids are "Pande(monium)" and "APF (Alien Playfield), the two sides (Omni and Neutral / Clan) split the rights to these between each other and rotate on a weekly basis. On "Clan Pande Week" Omni-Neutral get 'first dibs' on which of the 3 APF sectors they choose while Clan get to pick between the other 2, the last 1 is FFA and open to be privately raided or otherwise left behind. On "Omni (and Neutral) Pande Week" the same deal applies, Clan get first dibs on APF. At Beast attends accumulates points which can be used to bid on items while at APF items are weighted-rolled (the more times you bid on an item and fail to win it the higher your chance of succeeding the next time is).

If you have high hopes for these raids slash them immediately. At Pande there is atrocious lag for the most part where 30-100 people will zerg, all firing off their stuff and hoping they don't die. APF is similar but usually smaller scale.

Other raids that can occur but aren't organised in a similar manner are:

- Alien City Raids. Someone will draw aliens to their city for killing. These are usually smaller scale and loot usually goes to the host organisation or whoever supplied the costs to start these up. Usual attendance for these is 6-12, occasionally breaking the 13+ mark on some of the larger 1s. These are open to any level and depends on the Host.

- Mercenary Raids. Ian Warr and his buddies that drop some very cool armor. These happen less frequently since other armor has taken the place as "Endgame" Armor but these raids will still happen on a somewhat frequent basis, however they may be privately hosted. For the most part the host who spawned the Mercs will announce on his side's Network Bot that he or she is hosting a Merc raid and usually will advertise a privately owned bot for people to join. The rules will be up to the Host but for the most part they're fair and everything is flat-rolled (otherwise people will be less inclined to show up). You can expect attendance to these to be 20+ when publicly advertised but will rarely go above 40+, the raid is doable by a Team of 215-220 but for the most part they'd have no interest in the items dropped since a lot of the gear is now aimed at lower level people. 175+ level tends to be requirement on these since almost all the items have a 175 or above tag on them.

- Hollow Island. This raid can tank up to 4 hours or even more. Eremites (snake things that pop up from underground) spawn in waves getting harder and harder as they go. Generally the early waves are taken down by a single Host team and as the harder waves arrive it is advertised publicly that a raid is occurring. Similar rules to the Mercs apply, flat-rolled for the most part but some items may be off limits by ruling of the Host. Much like Mercs a (good) team of 215-220 could do it but when publicly advertised expect a 20+ attendance depending on the loot rules. The last raid I attended was 200+ but I'm sure those rules vary.

- Biodome. This is a short raid where people kill only one (rather tough) creature. These are normally hosted privately and will be 6-18 people but on occasion these will be organised publicly but only rarely. There is a 'raid' that needs to be held to gain entry to the Biodome prior to the main raid itself, but it can be done solo by some people (but is usually done by a team or a small group). 190+ would be the standard requirement.

- Camelot. This is the only PVP raid available at the time of speaking. In the basement of a castle is a creature that spawns every 8 hours known as "Tarasque" or "Tara" (affectionately known as the Chicken/Turkey). Clan and Omni-Neutral will gather and fight over control over this creature, earning points for attendance. Omni bid on items based on points similarly to Pande, I believe Clan have a weighted roll system based on attendance but not 100% sure. The requirement on this is 150+. And for the record, as fun as this would be if this game wasn't so laggy, it isn't It's generally people assisting a targetter and throwing their best stuff at the poor schmo who gets targeted. Many people LD and it can take the servers anywhere from 30 seconds to 5 minutes (no exaggeration, that has happened to me) to acknowledge your death and zone you to a reclaim spot.

There are other "Raidable" monsters out there but these are the main ones. The smaller scale raids while usually be hosted privately by an organisation or several of them. Most community run sites have information on these raids and how to get them started but usually by the time you're in range for these raids you should know where to find the info.

For some parts this information may be incorrect to your respective server or side since I can only speak for Omni-Neutral on the Rimor Server, however much of this info transcends side and server. And if anyone who isn’t playing yet but is considering playing happens to be curious as to why it’s “Omni-neutral”, Neutrals and Clan officially have bad blood so we raid with Omni for most things.

Aye agreed, although hope I offered something a little of substance, even if it was of the early morning, brain still in bed type stuff.

I wasn't referring to you mate I do alot of my post earily in the morning before work also, many come out sort of rambling without coffee lol. I think thats why I usually try not to go on the flaming rampage like a lot of these guys do, Im still waking up! I rarely post in the evening, I'm trying to get in a few hours of gaming before bed after the kids are asleep.

Here is my new found love in gaming right now as I'm sorta burned out on MMO's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0540VE7JoCU