Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

NEOCRON Questions

MoghedanMoghedan Member UncommonPosts: 16

I played NEOCRON a year ago...  Febuary-April 03.

This game was absolutely revolutionary.  The XP system alone should be the standard upon which all other games are judged.  Hit Locations and Semi FPS combat are probably still several years ahead of its time.  The AI of themonsters... using cover, etc... I still have not found in a game.  So many little things as well... each making every game played since seem lacking.  Can you really even try to play EQ or DAoC after Necron?  SWG was made all the more pathetic when compared to Neocron, and it was supposed to be grand savior of the genre.  I left Neocron from Planetside, and it is where I have spent most of my time... because... well...

All those things that made Neocron so incredible had a high price.  Mostly, it was the stability that drove us away.  The game was barely playable with even a few hundred on the server.  Crashing to desktop twice an hour was common.  Bugs were aplenty, mostly warping when zoning.  Combined with the very tiny zones in the Outlands... well, that was a lot of zoning bugs.  Using a vehicle made it all the worse.  Add to that the massive balance changes affecting the PSI Monks of the time, what seemed like every week was a whole new class, it just became too much for us to take, and we bailed.

This game has never been very far from my mind.  I have not played in 10 months, and the map that came with the game is still right beside the keyboard.  I look at it, remember the good, and despair.  My Question really is, How is it now?

Comments

• Kriminal99Kriminal99 Member Posts: 377

they fixed alot of the bugs, they are introducing some new cool stuff but the general fun of the game has been completely ruined :(

Basically the rush of new players from retail release all complained at once about pking and the learning curve and they nerfed pvp.  Now players have a safeslot for their best weapon (the only thing of much value that could drop), quickbelts are locked so that only hackers can open them anyways which locks out an entire class from getting their pvp drops and makes the rest gimp theirselves to. 

There was never any incentives behind clan or faction fighting to begin with as ops are worthless and now that they have taken away the incentive for 1v1 pvp (nothing of value hardly ever drops and even if it does you probably can't get it) makes it so that pvp is no more meaningful than quake or something- except less fun since you have to get repoked (and there are often no tradeskillers to be found anymore) in between deaths...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------PROBABILITY(YOUR STATEMENTS BEING MOTIVATED BY FEAR(I>U)) > .5

• EndarEndar Member Posts: 5
    Well, in my opinion alot has changed and will change when BDoY comes out. I know that Neocron isint the most stable game but i dont crash too much. I maybe crash once a day or less and i have only lost one item due a bug. Syching is still there, but i think they changed some settings like 3 months ago and you dont sych out so much now. BTW you should really check the BDoY list and everything else about BDoY, it really seems to change to another game with that expansion image 

"When you see a giant mushroom middle of green field and a pink cow is flying in the sky, you know im near."

"When you see a giant mushroom middle of green field and a pink cow is flying in the sky, you know im near."