Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions, returning UO player.

IceyxIceyx Member Posts: 1

Due to absolute boredom with WoW, I have decided to return to UO.  I quit back in 2003 to play EQ (with about 2 years of idly hanging my account around).  I have a few questions.

1) How long does it take for ultima characters to be deleted? My account still exhists, but have my characters been wiped. It was "closed" in 2003, but i can still log into it on the EA site.  It shows as "suspended".

2) I want to play the free trial before restarting my account, to test out what EA has "Added" and see if this is still the wow I love (I don't need anyone to comment on that, I will test it myself).  My question here is, How exactly does this free trial work? I have downloaded/patched the full UO gold client, and had the code sent to me for the 14 day trial, but it still wants me to give a credit card, and only offers payment methods, there are no "pure" 14 free day options, everything seems to charge off the card.  (An example would be, 12.99/mo +14 free days as one of the options).  Is there no option to just get the 14 free days.

3) If my characters are deleted, will I still have access to the veteran rewards if i create a new character on my exhisting account? (etheral llama.. ohyes)

Thanks!

Comments

• FlywheelFlywheel Member Posts: 60

I also have gone back to UO after trying out everything else on the MMO scene and finding too many EQ clones out there - having fun back in uo again, dont agree with some of the changes but after so long away the gameplay has become fun again, at least for now (I am also hoping that EA having Mythic onboard might lead to some improvements in UO, but I am not holding my breath waiting).

To answer your questions:

1) Never ever had a character wiped and dont know of anyone else who has due to account inactivity. Been over a year since I was last in-game and all my characters were as I left them.

2) Quite a few intial sign-ups and trials for MMO games ask for a credit card even though your getting the first period free, as long as you cancel the subscription before you hit paid time you shouldn't get charged anything. No-one knows the true motives - proof of age, ease of transition to paid account or just a cheesy way to make money if you forget to cancel - you decide.

3) YES - vet rewards are based on account age and not character age, if you left the account active all this time you should have access to a vet reward or two :)