Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Popup ads when viewing screenshots

BeeryBeery Member Posts: 184

Could we PLEASE reduce the frequency with which popup ads interfere with our viewing of game screenshots.  Currently, every 6 screenshots we get a popup ad, and since there are only two popup ads that means that I get bombarded with the same ads numerous times.  So when I'm looking at the 152 screenshots of Pirates of the Burning Sea (for example) I'm likely to have to click to continue past these ads 25 times.  I can't adequately describe how f***ing annoying that is.  I mean, how is my massive level of annoyance likely to make me buy 'Anarchy Online' or even care in the slightest what 'Game & Game Championships' is.  I mean once every ten times might be tolerable, though it's still mildly annoying and will still make me loathe and actively want Anarchy Online to fail as an MMORPG.  Every twenty times would be mild enough that I might not actually feel that the advertisers ought to catch some disfiguring skin disease.

Please, tone it down.  It's spam.  Must we really have this much of it?

Comments

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Excellently phrased post. :D Reflects my feelings exactly. At least with Flashblock in Firefox I don't have to see the actual ads. But I still have to click past them frequently.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• LechuckieLechuckie Member Posts: 14
    i dont see how you can talk about this? your telling me that there shoulnt be any pop ups on mmorpg.com? then how are they going to pay the servers?

to be a member of mmorpg.com you have to pay a monthly subscribition just like a real mmo.

i dont see how you can be annoyed with adds in the screenshots. they have to be somewhere, and it is better then getting popups in your head everytime your on the frontpage, or on the forums here.

Sticks dont grow on trees

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

Originally posted by Lechuckie
    i dont see how you can talk about this? your telling me that there shoulnt be any pop ups on mmorpg.com? then how are they going to pay the servers?

to be a member of mmorpg.com you have to pay a monthly subscribition just like a real mmo.

i dont see how you can be annoyed with adds in the screenshots. they have to be somewhere, and it is better then getting popups in your head everytime your on the frontpage, or on the forums here.

There are already banner ads all over the place.

And no one would pay for a subscription to use forums...lol.

• LechuckieLechuckie Member Posts: 14
    i was talking about pop ups :)

and the topic was why there has to be ads when wiewing screenshots. theese two seems to find it a bad idea, while i  think it is a good idea and bla bla bla

Sticks dont grow on trees