Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The top 10 reasons YOU should be playing Auto Assault.

PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956
I started playing AA shortly after launch.

After playing so many mmo's i was prepared to be dissapointed.I was wrong.

In a nutshell the game is a cross between AO,Eve Online,and a 1st person shooter with some unigue crafting options available to all players.

YOU should be playing AA because get this its actually FUN!!

I havent felt this excited about an mmo since i played AO.

Dont pay attention to the reports of low pop servers there are plenty of people playing this game.

Anyhow here is my top 10.

1.Its a good scifi game.

2.Addictive gameplay style.

3.Most everything is destroyable.

4.Lots of drops.

5.No ogres,trolls,elves or darkelves or any of the trappings of a fantasy setting.

6.Unique crafting system.

7.The ability to create new and unique items.

8.All the BEST items are player created.

9.No death penalty.This is a plus for casual players.Yeah i know been there done that.I dont have time for harsh death penalties or a corpse run so i dont have a problem with it.

10.ACTION.This is the most action packed mmo ive ever played.

Not to mention that if it s seen as a "hit" it will help to push the genre forward a bit and may get more scifi titles produced.



Want to ENJOY an mmo?

Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

Just play the damn game:)

«1

Comments

  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217
    I think the fact that AA has a subscription base of 10,000 people outweighs your "top 10".

    No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

    Problem is not that its Sci fi. Not in any way. Problem is its a simple and amateurish game, released only to try and take advantage of the popularit of MMOs nowadays. Just like everyone thought they were professional homepage designers in the beginning of the internet era, and tried to make money on subpar homepages... Now everyone think they are professional MMO makers, in this new era.

    And just like the beginning of internet, the competence is being bought up by huge companies, that will release tons of bland junk that noone likes, completly destroying all interest in the genre, the bubble will burst *pop* everyone will scream MMOs are dead.... and then... maybe, when those clueless giants leave this genre in peace... we will finally see a few competent companies that live and work through it all, ignore the junk that has been before, and release a new next generation of MMOs so far beyond what we see today, it will be like a whole new media.

    Auto Assault.... is not that.

    "This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

  • PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956


    Originally posted by Harafnir

    Problem is not that its Sci fi. Not in any way. Problem is its a simple and amateurish game, released only to try and take advantage of the popularit of MMOs nowadays. Just like everyone thought they were professional homepage designers in the beginning of the internet era, and tried to make money on subpar homepages... Now everyone think they are professional MMO makers, in this new era.
    And just like the beginning of internet, the competence is being bought up by huge companies, that will release tons of bland junk that noone likes, completly destroying all interest in the genre, the bubble will burst *pop* everyone will scream MMOs are dead.... and then... maybe, when those clueless giants leave this genre in peace... we will finally see a few competent companies that live and work through it all, ignore the junk that has been before, and release a new next generation of MMOs so far beyond what we see today, it will be like a whole new media.

    Auto Assault.... is not that.


    Do you remember the 1st year of Anarchy online?

    Worst launch ever.A year later game of the year.

    Much like any new mmo AA is in its infancy.Already the new patch has improved its current state.Its gpt a lot of potential to be a great game.

    Yeah it may be in your opinion simple and amatuerish but at the same time who says i have to log into a mmo and play for 6 hours to enjoy it.

    Face it this is a new breed of mmo that actually is fun to play and is an attempt to market to players with less than 40 hours to play in a week.

    Have you actually played the game PAST level 20?

    Want to ENJOY an mmo?

    Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

    Just play the damn game:)

  • ianubisiianubisi Member Posts: 4,201

    I took on the 14 day trial, and really enjoyed myself.

    However, the game constantly crashed (BSOD) my computer. There's no way on earth I'm going to shell out retail bucks and $15 a month for a game that does that.

  • apertotesapertotes Member Posts: 363


    Originally posted by Puoltry
    I9.No death penalty.

    that one, coupled with meaningless pvp, lack of politics and as far as i know lack of player created cities killed the game for me.

  • vendrisvendris Member Posts: 246

    Hey Puolty, if you're having fun, that's all that matters.  I tried AA (was a beta tester and tried it some after the launch) and it just didn't click with me.  Didn't feel "right" and it wasn't what I was looking for.  Doesn't mean it's a bad game. 

    Personally, I'm a huge fan of CoV.  Some of my reasons are the same reasons you give for AA... it's a game I can log into, and be running an instance / killing stuff 5 minutes after I log on.  I don't have to dedicate my life to the game to have a good time. I see a lot of people on these forums bashing CoV, saying it's too simple, there's no crafting, all there is to do is fight, it's all the same, etc... but I'm having a blast playing it.  You found an MMO you really enjoy and you're having fun with it, so rock on!


    Originally posted by Puoltry
    Worst launch ever.A year later game of the year.

    Much like any new mmo AA is in its infancy.Already the new patch has improved its current state.Its gpt a lot of potential to be a great game.

    Yeah it may be in your opinion simple and amatuerish but at the same time who says i have to log into a mmo and play for 6 hours to enjoy it.

    Face it this is a new breed of mmo that actually is fun to play and is an attempt to market to players with less than 40 hours to play in a week.

    Have you actually played the game PAST level 20?



  • RanddRandd Member Posts: 409
    I played this game when it had the 2 week trial. I was hooked. BOught a game key, played for another 2 weeks or so. Now i'm bored to death. THe last 3 times i looged into the game i didnt see one other player. I was on for at least 2-3 hours each of those last three times. Sure the crafting system is interesting. But there is no established was to sell what you craft, so its self crafting only, unless you post something on the forums, wait for a response and then for the player to come online. Game had some potential as soemthing very different. They rushed it out(as many companies do of late) and turned off many of the players that bought in. (if you wonder what i mean about rushing it out, that big update that had recently, about 75% of that was supposed to be in place at launch, there was also supposed to be an auction house at launch from what i've been reading.)
  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159


    Originally posted by Anageth
    I think the fact that AA has a subscription base of 10,000 people outweighs your "top 10".

    There are two possible reasons for such a low populations, though.
    1. People aren't trying the game, for one reason or another.
    2. People tried the game, and didn't like it.

    Course, it's a mix of both, and the same can be said of any game, but it seems to be a much more vital question for AA, considering how badly it's failing.  The OP seems to be hoping that it's predominantly #1, while I'm thinking it's more like #2

    I'd be curious to know, how many people played the trial, or beta, and just thought it sucked. *raises hand*  I'd like to know how that compares to current subscriber numbers.  Did 200k people try it at one point or another, only to consider it rubbish, or only 20k even gave it a shot, suggesting that it is possible more of a marketting problem?

    When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.



  • Originally posted by Harafnir

    Problem is not that its Sci fi. Not in any way. Problem is its a simple and amateurish game, released only to try and take advantage of the popularit of MMOs nowadays. Just like everyone thought they were professional homepage designers in the beginning of the internet era, and tried to make money on subpar homepages... Now everyone think they are professional MMO makers, in this new era.
    And just like the beginning of internet, the competence is being bought up by huge companies, that will release tons of bland junk that noone likes, completly destroying all interest in the genre, the bubble will burst *pop* everyone will scream MMOs are dead.... and then... maybe, when those clueless giants leave this genre in peace... we will finally see a few competent companies that live and work through it all, ignore the junk that has been before, and release a new next generation of MMOs so far beyond what we see today, it will be like a whole new media.

    Auto Assault.... is not that.


    The game is neither simplistic or amateurish.  You have no idea what you are talking about.  Most MMO Devs do not implement physics or player to player collision just because of all the headaches it can cause.  Yet NetDevil has successfully done so.  There are many sublties to the game that you clearly never bothered to figure out.

    Its main problem is a lack of content.  Otherwise its actually quite a good game.  The gameplay itself is actually funner than WoW and its crafting is certainly better than WoW's but WoW gives you much much more to do.

    There are three major reasons for its current low population:

    -First and foremost not enough content (by far the most important)
    -Not so great marketing, I have read numerous reviews that are flat out wrong.
    -some people are determined to hate it because its based on cars.

    Unfortunately creating content is very time and labor intensive and NetDevil is fairly small.  There is certainly enough content to be interesting, but people want a large expansive world that lets you tool around when you get bored.  AA turns out to be a little too much exclusively quest based and winds up being a little too linear. Creating a large amount of  world content is quite expensive though and most MMO people are not forgiving enough if its not there.

    Its kinda sad becasue people complain about SOE and EA but in the end these types are the only companies they will ever get because they demand such large amounts of content. 

    Me, I play a different class from each faction so I have fun, but what happens with alot of people is they really like the game but want something more.  I have rarely seen anyone who plays actually say the game is bad, mostly its just that they want something more.
  • katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 989


    Originally posted by Anageth
    I think the fact that AA has a subscription base of 10,000 people outweighs your "top 10".
    Actually, I would add that to the top ten list. :P I can't stand games with large populations.

    -----------
    image
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

  • reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173


    Originally posted by Anageth
    I think the fact that AA has a subscription base of 10,000 people outweighs your "top 10".

    Yeah, I saw that and kind of thought it may be a waste of time and money.  I hope it lives, but I can't see 10,000 people supporting it for very long.  Hope I'm wrong though. 
  • reavoreavo Member Posts: 2,173


    Originally posted by ianubisi

    I took on the 14 day trial, and really enjoyed myself.
    However, the game constantly crashed (BSOD) my computer. There's no way on earth I'm going to shell out retail bucks and $15 a month for a game that does that.


    There's a trial????
  • gmmonkeygmmonkey Member Posts: 194
    The game's nothing like eve (which some people may think is a good thing). The game is fun but it doesnt have that massively multiplayer feel about it. The amount of people playing on the european players is literally 100's, so if you do decide to play it play on the US servers. When I played AA i wished i was there. 

  • HarafnirHarafnir Member UncommonPosts: 1,350

    Guys guys guys... You like it, good for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as you can. That you dislike what I say does not make me wrong. That less than 1% of the betatesters of AA bought the game at release does not mean that over 99% of the betatesters are stupid gits.

    Have i played the game? I was one of the first to be invited into the beta. I played it through beta as well as I could, since I see that as a promise from me to try and help, and will not leave just because I do ot agree with some aspects of the game. I have played the finished product as well in several trials just to see what became of it at release. I think I can safelly say I have a better, more unbiased, more complete picture of AA and its features than any of you, no matter what insults you like to add.

    This has nothing to do with release issues, to compare it to AO is an insult to AO and nothing less. AO was a fantastic game that had problems with servers. Auto Assault was not abotu that, it was all about lack of quality and content. Pretty much everythign was subpar to a modern game 2006. Game was tried and tested, it has gone through tons of reviews after release and the judgement is pretty much the same everywhere.

    I hear so much junk from you people, I can not call you anything else than fanatic fan bois. You say I am wrong, reviews in respected magazines and game sites are wrong, 99% of the betasters are wrong,  about 95% of those that bought the game are wrong, the marketing everywhere is wrong.. EVERYTHING in the world is wrong... but not you few desperate souls that sit in an empty game and wonder where the people went.

    You dislike what i wrote... I really do not care. My point stands, it has more basis in reality than yours, its a MASSIVE majority descision and you just got outvoted. Any insults in the world wont change that. Have fun, enjoy your game, 5 years from now you will understand what I said to you. Its a darn pity you cant be open and humble enough to accept that.

    Open your darn eyes. You are calling this the MMO version of Oblivion. A blind bat with a blindfold in a dark room... and dead... would see things more clearly than you.

    "This is not a game to be tossed aside lightly.
    It should be thrown with great force"

  • xxxmonkxxxxxxmonkxxx Member Posts: 257


    Originally posted by Harafnir

    Guys guys guys... You like it, good for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as you can. That you dislike what I say does not make me wrong. That less than 1% of the betatesters of AA bought the game at release does not mean that over 99% of the betatesters are stupid gits.
    Have i played the game? I was one of the first to be invited into the beta. I played it through beta as well as I could, since I see that as a promise from me to try and help, and will not leave just because I do ot agree with some aspects of the game. I have played the finished product as well in several trials just to see what became of it at release. I think I can safelly say I have a better, more unbiased, more complete picture of AA and its features than any of you, no matter what insults you like to add.
    This has nothing to do with release issues, to compare it to AO is an insult to AO and nothing less. AO was a fantastic game that had problems with servers. Auto Assault was not abotu that, it was all about lack of quality and content. Pretty much everythign was subpar to a modern game 2006. Game was tried and tested, it has gone through tons of reviews after release and the judgement is pretty much the same everywhere.
    I hear so much junk from you people, I can not call you anything else than fanatic fan bois. You say I am wrong, reviews in respected magazines and game sites are wrong, 99% of the betasters are wrong,  about 95% of those that bought the game are wrong, the marketing everywhere is wrong.. EVERYTHING in the world is wrong... but not you few desperate souls that sit in an empty game and wonder where the people went.
    You dislike what i wrote... I really do not care. My point stands, it has more basis in reality than yours, its a MASSIVE majority descision and you just got outvoted. Any insults in the world wont change that. Have fun, enjoy your game, 5 years from now you will understand what I said to you. Its a darn pity you cant be open and humble enough to accept that.
    Open your darn eyes. You are calling this the MMO version of Oblivion. A blind bat with a blindfold in a dark room... and dead... would see things more clearly than you.


    BEST RANT EVER! BRAVO GOOD SIR! BRAVO!

    On the moon, nerds have their pants pulled down and they are spanked with moon rocks!



  • Originally posted by Harafnir

    Guys guys guys... You like it, good for you. I hope you enjoy it as much as you can. That you dislike what I say does not make me wrong. That less than 1% of the betatesters of AA bought the game at release does not mean that over 99% of the betatesters are stupid gits.
    Have i played the game? I was one of the first to be invited into the beta. I played it through beta as well as I could, since I see that as a promise from me to try and help, and will not leave just because I do ot agree with some aspects of the game. I have played the finished product as well in several trials just to see what became of it at release. I think I can safelly say I have a better, more unbiased, more complete picture of AA and its features than any of you, no matter what insults you like to add.
    This has nothing to do with release issues, to compare it to AO is an insult to AO and nothing less. AO was a fantastic game that had problems with servers. Auto Assault was not abotu that, it was all about lack of quality and content. Pretty much everythign was subpar to a modern game 2006. Game was tried and tested, it has gone through tons of reviews after release and the judgement is pretty much the same everywhere.
    I hear so much junk from you people, I can not call you anything else than fanatic fan bois. You say I am wrong, reviews in respected magazines and game sites are wrong, 99% of the betasters are wrong,  about 95% of those that bought the game are wrong, the marketing everywhere is wrong.. EVERYTHING in the world is wrong... but not you few desperate souls that sit in an empty game and wonder where the people went.
    You dislike what i wrote... I really do not care. My point stands, it has more basis in reality than yours, its a MASSIVE majority descision and you just got outvoted. Any insults in the world wont change that. Have fun, enjoy your game, 5 years from now you will understand what I said to you. Its a darn pity you cant be open and humble enough to accept that.
    Open your darn eyes. You are calling this the MMO version of Oblivion. A blind bat with a blindfold in a dark room... and dead... would see things more clearly than you.


    I'm not certain who you are referring to when you say "you guys" but I will consider my reply to your first post.  I already acknowledged that it doesn't have what most MMO cutomers would consider enough content at release.  I am also not a fanboy considering I thought a car MMO seemed kinda dumb when I first heard of the game.  And even more importantly have acknowledged a major flaw.  Fanboys don't really acknowledge flaws.  You are exaggerating, complete hyperbole.

    When I said many reviews get things wrong, that isn't opinion its objectively provable fact.  There are a number of things in a number reviews that are just wrong.  I'm not talking about how some magazines have criticisized AA for things they praised WoW for (minimized death penalty).  I'm talking about aspects of the game such as information about crafting they have gotten just plain wrong in the review on this site.

    Fine, you don't like the game.  But get a grip.  You described it as amateurish and simple.  Neither of those are accurate.  Far from it.  Some aspects of the game are extremely well done and innovative.  As far as the ins and outs of the gameplay and game system.  It is just as complex as most MMO's of its style.

    You don't like the game, fine.  Yes some parts of it are sub-standard (especially the in town graphics).  But your post is nothing short of a hachet job.  I'm not a fanboy; you are just irrational and paranoid.  You call me a fanboy when I have clearly stated the game has flaws.  Yes well I must be fanatically defending the game in some strange way.  In this follow up is when you mention the lack of content, but in your first post you mention nothing about such a thing.  What you called it was amateurish and simple.  You clearly meant to insult but yo ucouldn't even come up with accurate isnults.  And the sad fact is there are actually a number of accurate insults you could have made.  It is not until I mentioned the lack of content that you ran with it.  When you are called on your mischaracterizations you fall back on the more accurate ones that I mentioned. 

    I don't dislike what you wrote, in fact some of my post sort of agreed with your points about large companies. 

    You want to accuse people, look in a mirror.  You aren't unbiased and you are lightyears away from evenhanded.  You are simply flailing about desperate to insult a game you don't like.  You didn't offer any real analysis of the game, heck it took you a second condescending post to get to the real heart of the matter.  You couldn't even give NetDevil some respect for trying and succeeding at some things no other MMO has implemented yet.  You called them amateurs.  Is the game perfect?  NO.  Are NetDevil amateurs?  As a software engineer myself I can tell you they know their stuff when it comes to programming the game.  Have they made bad cosmetic and content design decisions a place like Blizzard would not have made?  YES.  You may wish this was DnL, but it not, no matter how hard you try to make it sound that way.  Will it survive?  I don't know, I don't really care, its just a game.  But you are simply not painting an accurate picture, it has flaws but its not the disaster DnL seems to be.  Is it worth $15, I don't know, but it is a decent game.  In fact most of the reviews you seem to say are so reliable agree with that statement, most mags have actually rated it at around "good". 

    You are just exaggerating to the point of non-sense, no one in this thread has said anything even verging on an implication that this is somehow comparable to Oblivion or whatever.  To say its horrible quality or amateurish or simple is misleading.  Its simply a "good", rather than "very good" or "excellent", MMO game with some novel features which lacks content.  In the end for people to pay $15 you need to be "excellent" with small amounts of content or be "good" with assloads of content or somewhere in between.  Unfortunately for NetDevil AA is currently a "good" game with a decent amount of content.  The novel features bump it up some but its just not enough for most people to pay $15.  You can drama queen it up however you like, you can insult good developers but in the end its not nearly so overwrought.

  • AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217


    Originally posted by Vhaln

    Originally posted by Anageth
    I think the fact that AA has a subscription base of 10,000 people outweighs your "top 10".
    There are two possible reasons for such a low populations, though.
    1. People aren't trying the game, for one reason or another.
    2. People tried the game, and didn't like it.

    Course, it's a mix of both, and the same can be said of any game, but it seems to be a much more vital question for AA, considering how badly it's failing.  The OP seems to be hoping that it's predominantly #1, while I'm thinking it's more like #2

    I'd be curious to know, how many people played the trial, or beta, and just thought it sucked. *raises hand*  I'd like to know how that compares to current subscriber numbers.  Did 200k people try it at one point or another, only to consider it rubbish, or only 20k even gave it a shot, suggesting that it is possible more of a marketting problem?


    *raises hand*

    I gave it a go, and as much as I wanted a breath of fresh air, instead of all this fantasy, it wasn't what I thought it would be.

    No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

  • KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 784
    It is also saying something when Best Buy  had a deal the other week when you buy the game Guild Wars you get Auto Assault free :P I played the  beta and found it lacking and a dull game.
  • tetsultetsul Member Posts: 1,020


    Originally posted by Vhaln

    I'd be curious to know, how many people played the trial, or beta, and just thought it sucked. *raises hand*


    *raise hand* I didn't think it sucked, but seriously flawed. It would have made a pretty cool single player game, but there is nothing there that I would pay a monthly fee for.
  • abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

    I don't know about this one. It baffles me that there is an audience for an MMO driving game. Even if the game was perfect I don't think they're looking at over 75k subscribers.

    Do the same people that play Need for Speed, Midnight Club, etc., really play MMOs too?

  • VhalnVhaln Member Posts: 3,159


    Originally posted by abbaba

    I don't know about this one. It baffles me that there is an audience for an MMO driving game. Even if the game was perfect I don't think they're looking at over 75k subscribers.
    Do the same people that play Need for Speed, Midnight Club, etc., really play MMOs too?


    Maybe I'm the only one, but I thought it was a great idea.  Although you're comparing it to the wrong driving games.  I'm more a fan of Twisted Metal, Carmageddon, etc, although racing sims can be fun, too.  I wasn't thinking it'd be so much of a RPG, but more like Planetside, with a little more RPG elements thrown in, like loot, crafting, and some stats, to lend the feel of long-term character development, but which would pale in comparison to differences in driving skill.

    I've always known that was a niche concept, though.  The thing is, if they'd squarely targetted that niche, they might have had that 75k, and held it for years, which would be far better than the 11k, most of which probably won't last the next few months.

    Also, if they had a solid niche user base, and did a good job of focusing on those players, rather than gameplay for the masses, in a game the masses don't give a flying **** about, they could have had the sort of growth cycle EVE has seen.  A niche may not compare to WoW, but it can be very respectable, if those that it appeals to are happy with it.

    When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

  • ResetgunResetgun Member Posts: 471

    Top 1 reason why I shouldn't play AA:

    • Female character's ass is looking better than car's rear lights.

    "I know I said this was my last post, but you my friend are a idiotic moron." -Shadow4482

  • TymoraTymora Member UncommonPosts: 1,295

    I agree that Auto Assault is fun, but I stopped playing.

    It is a good game.  I wouldn't call it SciFi, though.  It takes place in a post apocalyptic setting, not too far into the future.  Plus, even if it was far into the future, most advances in techology have been destroyed, and the remaining races are scrounging to build what they can with the wreckage that is left.

    The gameplay is addictive, but somewhat limited.  There are some great moments to be had, but there isn't enough variety in the gameplay at this point.

    The destructable environments are great.  I enjoy blowing stuff up.  This doesn't have a lasting appeal, however.  There needs to be more fundamental gameplay features added.

    There are alots of drops, but they are mainly for crafters.  Although the crafting system is good, it has a steep learning curve, and requires a lot of time and effort.

    I have a good time when playing AA, but in the end, I miss my Half Elf.  I always do.

    As mentioned above, I like the crafting system.  Get yourself into a guild that can help you out.  Cooperation is key, but Auto Assault suffers from a lack of it, mostly due to the low population on the servers.

    New and unique items can be created aplenty.  Very cool.

    They are player created.  Again, very cool, but good luck finding a player who can make you what you need while you are playing AA.  This is where a guild can help out.

    The simple, yet fun gameplay is a plus, but I really like a challenge and I need a sense of danger. Without any consequence for failure, this game loses it's appeal quickly.  This is probably the biggest reason why I stopped playing and went back to play Everquest.  Now there's a challenge!

    Lots of action, little substance.  A good fun game, but not a "thinking-players" game.  It need to be more complex.

    All of the things I've mentioned are what I would like to see in AA.  I think that Net Devil has done a ggod job in what they set out to create, but the game is really not what I am looking for in a mmorpg.

  • PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956


    Originally posted by Resetgun

    Top 1 reason why I shouldn't play AA:

    Female character's ass is looking better than car's rear lights.


    Well now i guess we all know else your thinking about while gaming.

    Are we supposed to take this seriously?

    Want to ENJOY an mmo?

    Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

    Just play the damn game:)

  • PuoltryPuoltry Member Posts: 956


    Originally posted by Tymora

    I agree that Auto Assault is fun, but I stopped playing.
    It is a good game.  I wouldn't call it SciFi, though.  It takes place in a post apocalyptic setting, not too far into the future.  Plus, even if it was far into the future, most advances in techology have been destroyed, and the remaining races are scrounging to build what they can with the wreckage that is left.
    The gameplay is addictive, but somewhat limited.  There are some great moments to be had, but there isn't enough variety in the gameplay at this point.
    The destructable environments are great.  I enjoy blowing stuff up.  This doesn't have a lasting appeal, however.  There needs to be more fundamental gameplay features added.
    There are alots of drops, but they are mainly for crafters.  Although the crafting system is good, it has a steep learning curve, and requires a lot of time and effort.
    I have a good time when playing AA, but in the end, I miss my Half Elf.  I always do.
    As mentioned above, I like the crafting system.  Get yourself into a guild that can help you out.  Cooperation is key, but Auto Assault suffers from a lack of it, mostly due to the low population on the servers.
    New and unique items can be created aplenty.  Very cool.
    They are player created.  Again, very cool, but good luck finding a player who can make you what you need while you are playing AA.  This is where a guild can help out.
    The simple, yet fun gameplay is a plus, but I really like a challenge and I need a sense of danger. Without any consequence for failure, this game loses it's appeal quickly.  This is probably the biggest reason why I stopped playing and went back to play Everquest.  Now there's a challenge!
    Lots of action, little substance.  A good fun game, but not a "thinking-players" game.  It need to be more complex.
    All of the things I've mentioned are what I would like to see in AA.  I think that Net Devil has done a ggod job in what they set out to create, but the game is really not what I am looking for in a mmorpg.


    Well the game is in its infancy.Ive played games at launch that a year later were completly different,including the UI and even the chat system.

    MMO's dont really get developed until a year after launch.The reason for this is because they need real world information.In other words a GOOD development team LISTENS to its player base and within reason puts appropriate things into each patch.

    So give the game a break already and lets look at it in 1 year.

    Want to ENJOY an mmo?

    Dont start a guild and dont be a leader or volunteer to be coleader or captain.

    Just play the damn game:)

Sign In or Register to comment.