Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

quick question

SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

Seeing as there is a whole new rage to this game with the choccobo breading comming along and all i decided to get back into this game. the one catch being that i dont have chains of whatever. If i go and buy the latest expansion with the 3 new classes involved do i need to buy chains as well or is it included with the latest and greatest expansion.

Also if i need to buy chains can someone suggest a cheap place to buy it cause its not worth the 20 bucks from best buy. Also, if i dont have it can i use the latest expansion without it and will i miss any actual important content by not having it?

Thanks all

~Sunny

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."

Comments

• SpacemengSpacemeng Member Posts: 31
    I'm really not sure if you will need the Chains of Promathia or Treasures of Aht Urghan expansion packs to receive the chocobo breeding update.  SE is adding more than just that, so I'm guessing this will apply to all players, but then again there is currently a chocobo stable in Al Zahbi (part of the ToAU expansion) that's closed, so maybe that will be the location of the breeding grounds.  Yes, you're missing tons of content by not having the expansion packs, but it's up to you whether it's worth it or not.  The expansion packs are worth it, in my opinion.  CoP has tons of new storyline and areas in it, while ToAU has a lot of new gameplay and jobs as well as new areas.

• NeptusNeptus Member UncommonPosts: 988

I'm not for sure, I think they will make you go from original, to chains, to the lastest whatever it's called.
    If it's like every expansion set for different games, it might be what i said, but you never know.......
    I'll check into it and be back later with a real/correct answer.

-----------------------------------
    EDIT

You don't need Chains, you can skip chains if you want and just install treasures, you just wont be able to go into the chains areas which you are hardly missing out on anything.
    So, yeap, wb?

Neptus - FFXI - Pandemonium
    Neptus - WoW - Detheroc

• Lord_VaydeLord_Vayde Member CommonPosts: 78
    You wont have access to Chains of Promathia without buying the expansion (Treasures of Aht Urhgan comes with a key/disc for ToAU, nothing else), but CoP isn't necessarily -crucial- to your advancement, but it adds alot to the game experience. Some of the itmes -are- nice, and the content is really worth it. You wont even start on CoP until level 30 though....so it's up to you to decide when (and if) to get it.
  • SunriderSunrider Member UncommonPosts: 527

thanks for the advice all but i went and bought all them. figured go big or go home. so yeah. its doing its 300 hours worth up updates since i havent played in well over a year and then i'm gonna try for Fairy server. got some friends there.

thanks again for the advice

~Sun

"And after blizzard takes over the world, they are gonna gather a bunch of lemmings, sit on their fat asses near a cliff, and watch the little fuzzy bastards suicide dive into the ground below. . . . . all just for their own entertainment."