Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So, TC isn't used to Test for Live Server, eh?

MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

CLICKY4U

Engineering has been working on reducing the lag for phase 2/3 of the Restuss event.  At 2PM CST our QA as well as some developers will be on TC to duke it out.  You're invited to come along and help us stress out the server.

See you in Restuss.

Message Edited by Helios_SOE on 06-30-2006 12:58 PM

-The Dread Lord Helios
-Lead Designer, SWG
"There is no reality in the absence of observation."

I'll start my own SWG... with Black Jack... and Hookers!!!

In fact, forget the SWG!!!!

Comments

• MX13MX13 Member Posts: 2,489

Oh, and for those that didn't know:

Somsok Wrote:

minraththebear wrote:

Helios_SOE wrote:

Engineering has been working on reducing the lag for phase 2/3 of the Restuss event.  At 2PM CST our QA as well as some developers will be on TC to duke it out.  You're invited to come along and help us stress out the server.

See you in Restuss.

how come anything you say scares me but this REALLY petrifies me? correction you wont see me in restuss as you clearly ignored ppl like me when you threw that broken junk code into the game.

They have to do something because last night we had no more than 60 people pvping at the Rebel Base near Restuss and the server crashed. These clusters obviously cannot house this much action right now so at least they are doing SOMETHING

• RekrulRekrul Member Posts: 2,961

Originally posted by MX13

CLICKY4U

See you in Restuss.

-The Dread Lord Helios
    -Lead Designer, SWG

Please join in largest numbers possible, so we can ignore more player feedback. It's so much better to ignore 200 opinions, than just 7.

But, to those that don't know yet:

/duh

Long-term strategy is a lie. There is only Helios. Flip-floping decisions faster than transistors in your PC.
  • scapegoateescapegoatee Member Posts: 28
    But, but, Thunderheart said:

Thunderheart wrote:

Yog_Sothoth wrote:

I suspect part of the mass PvP event on TC is to test out how well the clients and servers will handle the Restuss event...

Not at all.  Test Center and Live galaxies don't compare for figuring out load.

The Test Center events are just for fun. 

_____
    When Sony and Lucas set out to create the NGE, we said, “How can we do this and make it similar to WoW?” We wanted it to be all about Iconic characters like Luke, combat and locking our players into a class. So we created a system that would restrict players and make all professions the same and there would be minimal gameplay around making that change. We definitely borrowed a lot of ideas from WoW that worked and figured out how to make them fit for SWG – Julio Torres (2005)

• ColaCola Member Posts: 402

Ya, TC is just for fun

Live servers are SOEs test servers.

They have been doing a good job of running tests on normal servers for three years now.

I think the game is currently in BETA 4 or 5.

• anaicanaic Member Posts: 409

Originally posted by scapegoatee
    But, but, Thunderheart said:

Thunderheart wrote:
    Yog_Sothoth wrote:

I suspect part of the mass PvP event on TC is to test out how well the clients and servers will handle the Restuss event...

Not at all.  Test Center and Live galaxies don't compare for figuring out load.

The Test Center events are just for fun. 

I just put that quote up in response to Helios' post-we'll have to see what kind of responses it gets.

I just got done playing the "Test". SERIOUS issues with lag & LD in PVP with about 60 people, not to mention Particle Effects Overload. They spawned in TONS of NPC's (about 100) and things just FROZE for almost everybody, and 90% of player died. I had to leave from freeze up, it was just too frustrating.

The TL will help, but they need to think about removing particle effects. They aren't Iconic, and only casue issues when people spam.

• almagillalmagill Member Posts: 279

CLICKY4U

See you in Restuss.

Message Edited by Helios_SOE on 06-30-2006
    12:58 PM
    -The Dread Lord Helios
    -Lead Designer, SWG

Well, there's testing and there's testing.

The Terraflop Kid is doing his best to get as many unpaid meatbags on the server so he can find out just how much stress it takes to bork things. Which is testing.

As is trying to check if that double gold elite NPC spawns correctly, is lootable properly and when there are issues being able to repro them.

It's a bit like the difference in testing that firing crash test dummies at a brick wall or running a diagnostic on a PC represent.

(Couldn't be ar%ed logging in today. The PvP fun wore off already, lol)

So, you all sat in camps and that was fun?

• UbermanUberman Member Posts: 340

Originally posted by Cola

Live servers are SOEs test servers.

QFE.
    No comment from Obi... wonder why?

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261

What am I suppose to comment on?  I wasn't on TC :P  I think I was actually asleep at that time...

• Concord7Concord7 Member Posts: 125

Originally posted by Obraik

What am I suppose to comment on?  I wasn't on TC :P  I think I was actually asleep at that time...

I think he wants you to comment in relation to this

"TC is to test how the code works.  It'll still work the same as it does on the Live servers with lesser hardware, just might not run as fast when under stress.  Kinda the same thing as running Windows XP on a Pentium 2 with 64mb of RAM."

from this thread

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/82604/page/2

Originally posted by Concord7

I think he wants you to comment in relation to this

"TC is to test how the code works.  It'll still work the same as it does on the Live servers with lesser hardware, just might not run as fast when under stress.  Kinda the same thing as running Windows XP on a Pentium 2 with 64mb of RAM."

from this thread

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/82604/page/2

Well, that & a dozen other comments about TC, all basiclly saying that the Dev's don't use TC to test loads...

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Well, naturally if they get it running lagless on TC with lesser hardware then when it runs on the beefier Live servers it should run great.

Well, naturally if they get it running lagless on TC with lesser hardware then when it runs on the beefier Live servers it should run great.

Make up any lies you want, that "different hardware" one is the funniest you tell. But you also insisted they didn't use TC to stress test. Question for you: Why would they work on TC Stress if it wasn't a larger issue they were worried about on the Live Servers?

Ya know what, I'm just too tired... I''l dig up all your BS past posts tomorrow...

Ya know, for ONCE you could stop being a Fanboi and just admit you were wrong... heck, but why start now... keep digging that hole, China's got to be coming up soon...