Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow...EQ2 is acctually a very good game.

periodperiod Member Posts: 56
Just finished the trial and iam amazed. I read up on it and alot of people love the new EQ2 LOTS of content, pvp, no more 40 man raids etc.. housing, lots of class/race options, lots of items and more! Too bad you need a powerful computer to run it other then that oh and zoning is a little dissapointing but all games have their disapointments  i take it back, WoW is not the best mmorpg on the market!

Comments

• TuutobTuutob Member Posts: 607

You want MERCY? You started a flame war ten times as epic as LOTR 3 and now you want MERCY?

Think before you speak. Either that or look into the hundreds of other MMOs before stating one is the best.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

Originally posted by period
    Just finished the trial and iam amazed. I read up on it and alot of people love the new EQ2 LOTS of content, pvp, no more 40 man raids etc.. housing, lots of class/race options, lots of items and more! Too bad you need a powerful computer to run it other then that oh and zoning is a little dissapointing but all games have their disapointments  i take it back, WoW is not the best mmorpg on the market!

So basicly you did the trial isle and now judge the rest of the game on stories of other people..

right, I got it....

oh btw, your still stuck to raiding at a certain point in Everquest 2.
  • CalmaeCalmae Member Posts: 115

Originally posted by Tuutob

You want MERCY? You started a flame war ten times as epic as LOTR 3 and now you want MERCY?

Think before you speak. Either that or look into the hundreds of other MMOs before stating one is the best.

Im lost, dude did you post in the right thread?

To the OP, EQ2 is a very good and unrated game. When it 1st came out it sucked but its made alot of progress since then and its a game that I would have no problem handing over £10 a month for.

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

Originally posted by period

Oh? Well, just let me get my flip-flops...

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

I don't think I could make a rational post on this game.  I've played it off and on since it went into beta.

Best I can say in a short manner:

It could be a good game but SOE has gone the totoally wrong route as usual.

The way they went about control changes in LU24 and how they tried to make enchanters a needed group class (read that as tons of nerfs).  Was just wrong.

I'm also sure that the new players I do see..

Not the alts of a high level.  The ones that have crap gears because of the insane prices.. non existent low level groups (most of the time that is) and I play on AB not a low population server.  Are not a good new player experience once you leave the island.

Most low levels players are alts that have guild mates also rolling alts or mentored down.

I seriously can't see how an actual "new" player could enjoy this game say off the island and just even at level 10...

That's just the game I see tho and I'll admit I don't play every day.  However, AB used to be one of the highest population servers.  Can't imagine being new on the lower pop clusters.

• lomillerlomiller Member Posts: 1,810

Try not to be too had on the OP people.  At least he is looking around with an open mind and willing to accept that his extreme position in the other thread was a mistake.  Whether he can truly judge if EQII is for him at this point is doubtful but at least he is showing a willingness to look at what other games have to offer and why people rate them the way they do.  

• Prophet621Prophet621 Member Posts: 13

I've also downloaded the trial and have to say that based on the limited view of the game it's not bad. I needed something other than WoW which I have left several times but go back to for lack of anything better. Out of the trials I've played so far I have to say that I like EQ2 the best.. which is hard to say since I, like many, hate SOE but I also hated EQ with a passion.

I don't know of the changes they have made ot it since I didn't play prior to them but as a new player the game doesn't seem bad and possibly worth playing until one of the other games I'm watching comes out. I'm going to look at a few more games but as I said, so far EQ2 has the most promise.

• XenduliXenduli Member Posts: 654

I just wish SoE didn't make it. I guess they own copyright or something.

*Wins most obvious point of the millenium award*

No annoying animated GIF here!