Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Another one of these threads] Thinking of playing :)

anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228
I copied this post from my post on L2BLAH, but i'd love some varied responses from a larger sample of players.

Well you know the usual story, i dabbled in L2 way back in prelude and
chron 1 some, got acouple characters 30+ but never past 40. Was mainly
just playing for the beta part of it. I've been playing MMO's for a
good 5 years now, and i'm just looking for one to call my home now.
Everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that WoW is the best MMO out,
while i find it rather mind numbing and very dull with an obnoxiously
whiney community (most MMO communities are whiney, but WoW takes the
cake)

So i'm thinking of starting up L2, fresh, from lvl 1, etc etc. But part
of me feels it will be a pipe dream to even try to start now and catch
up to the bulk of the l2 community. Will i ever feel like i'm part of
the 'game'? Or will i always feel like i'm chasing down the bulk of the
players level wise and gear wise?

I'm looking to call Bartz or Lionna my home. Could anyone explain the
differences i'd find on either server? Oh, and if you play on one and
wouldn't mind talking in game, post your name and if i pick that server
i'd love to chat and meet some people. Nothing is worse than playing an
MMO with no one to talk to or party with No point in playing an MMO in that case.

Thanks, and sorry for such a long post. Was just trying to get where i'm coming from out there.

Comments

• Username!Username! Member Posts: 165
    Well it depends on how much time you can devote to the game.

Lvl 30's is where you will start to see many more people your level to start raiding/grouping with but if you are looking for castle seiges, then lvl 60's.

Try joining a guild to make the experience better.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by anakinsella
    I copied this post from my post on L2BLAH, but i'd love some varied responses from a larger sample of players.

Well you know the usual story, i dabbled in L2 way back in prelude and chron 1 some, got acouple characters 30+ but never past 40. Was mainly just playing for the beta part of it. I've been playing MMO's for a good 5 years now, and i'm just looking for one to call my home now. Everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that WoW is the best MMO out, while i find it rather mind numbing and very dull with an obnoxiously whiney community (most MMO communities are whiney, but WoW takes the cake)

So i'm thinking of starting up L2, fresh, from lvl 1, etc etc. But part of me feels it will be a pipe dream to even try to start now and catch up to the bulk of the l2 community. Will i ever feel like i'm part of the 'game'? Or will i always feel like i'm chasing down the bulk of the players level wise and gear wise?

I'm looking to call Bartz or Lionna my home. Could anyone explain the differences i'd find on either server? Oh, and if you play on one and wouldn't mind talking in game, post your name and if i pick that server i'd love to chat and meet some people. Nothing is worse than playing an MMO with no one to talk to or party with No point in playing an MMO in that case.

Thanks, and sorry for such a long post. Was just trying to get where i'm coming from out there.

Do it man, just do it!

LoL, j/k

You have already played L2, you know what its all about  The grind has lightened up a bit earier on and money is still a pain to get. It still looks just as good as it did at release. NC has added in so much content its not even funny. (as you know L2 content is not measured in the amount of drone - like kill task it has)

There are tons more dungeons, lands have expanded, there are a ton more raid bosses, more castles more junk to wish you had the money to buy

Look at some of the other post for more details.

Personally I feel its never to late to start a game, unless its a dieing game and in the case of L2 that is not what is happening.

I hear you on WoW. It is a quality made game but the gameplay is pretty basic. And no I do not enjoy being in que to do something I enjoy and pay to do for half an hour or longer.

I also do not like being "forced" into endgame raiding because that is the only way to get certain gear AND thats all there is to do besides getting onto the honor point hamster wheel.

so there....

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905
    double post
  • anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by Torak
    Personally I feel its never to late to start a game, unless its a dieing game and in the case of L2 that is not what is happening.
    Originally posted by anakinsella

Well you know the usual story, i dabbled in L2 way back in prelude and chron 1 some, got acouple characters 30+ but never past 40. Was mainly just playing for the beta part of it. I've been playing MMO's for a good 5 years now, and i'm just looking for one to call my home now. Everyone seems to be stuck on the idea that WoW is the best MMO out, while i find it rather mind numbing and very dull with an obnoxiously whiney community (most MMO communities are whiney, but WoW takes the cake)

So i'm thinking of starting up L2, fresh, from lvl 1, etc etc. But part of me feels it will be a pipe dream to even try to start now and catch up to the bulk of the l2 community. Will i ever feel like i'm part of the 'game'? Or will i always feel like i'm chasing down the bulk of the players level wise and gear wise?

I'm looking to call Bartz or Lionna my home. Could anyone explain the differences i'd find on either server? Oh, and if you play on one and wouldn't mind talking in game, post your name and if i pick that server i'd love to chat and meet some people. Nothing is worse than playing an MMO with no one to talk to or party with No point in playing an MMO in that case.

I hear you on WoW. It is a quality made game but the gameplay is pretty basic. And no I do not enjoy being in que to do something I enjoy and pay to do for half an hour or longer.

I also do not like being "forced" into endgame raiding because that is the only way to get certain gear AND thats all there is to do besides getting onto the honor point hamster wheel.

Yep. WoW is a fun game with a great engine and style, but it's all a mirage imo. Once you've played it long enough to get over the candy coated shell, the game's core mechanics at lvl 60 are just downright disgusting and i'm really ashamed of blizzard for stooping so low. Queues, raids, every other patch giving another raid. They should just put a big sticker on the front of the box "MUST LIKE 4+ HOUR OF RAIDING 5 NIGHTS A WEEK", so you don't get to 60 just to see you have to join a hardcore raiding guild just to get any decent gear to PVP with.
  • SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    Leveling is far easier now than it was in beta. I wouldn't worry about catching up. You still see many players at level 20 having around Dion. If you play hardcore you can get to level 65 in 2-3 months and you can be fairly competitive at sieges.

If you got to www.lineage2.com there are the community forums for each server. Each forum has a server personality profile so you can see what you want there. I play on Kain and my character is named Tsgumi. I can't really group with you but I'm more than willing to give you advice and whatnot.