Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hi, Looking for a game that fits description!

Hello, I'm currently looking for a MMORPG that has a great community and roleplaying dynamics. Unique quest would be nice. The graphics and battle system aren't really a big issue for me. Character customization is a must.  I am not really interested in mindless grinding- I'd rather not stay in front of my computer for hours at a time just to level. But most importantly it must be free ;( If anybody has game that accurately fits this description please tell me!

Comments

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

There can never be a free MMORPG with a great community and roleplaying.

EDIT: Hrm...wait a minute. Try Planeshift. It's in a sort of open alpha stage of development. Seems to have a decent community with a focus on roleplaying, probably because it remains so little-known. ^_^

*sprays leet-noob-kiddie repellant all over this post, to protect the little gem from the eyes of the free-game-haunting masses* ::=^o::

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• Synyster777Synyster777 Member Posts: 301
    good luck to you lol

Lend a hand and break the chains of regularity you lean so closely upon

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by melonbar
    Hello, I'm currently looking for a MMORPG that has a great community and roleplaying dynamics. Unique quest would be nice. The graphics and battle system aren't really a big issue for me. Character customization is a must.  I am not really interested in mindless grinding- I'd rather not stay in front of my computer for hours at a time just to level. But most importantly it must be free ;( If anybody has game that accurately fits this description please tell me!

Free MMO with a great community??? ouch, thats not going to be easy.

Neverwinter nights, although not an MMO, has some very nice persistanct worlds that are on par with MMO's and have far better "content". The main disadvantage there is they are not "massive". (holding about 64 players at once) You also gotta comb through a few before you find one you like.

It also tends to draw roleplayers as loot, raiding  and such MMO nonsence is usually not the focus, MOD makers tend to go for story, challenge and trivial things like that. 

http://nwvault.ign.com/

Although you may want to wait as NWN2 is releasing this Sept.

Other then that.....

Planetside has an unlimited free trial (at least until you hit CR6)

Space cowboy is free but Im not so sure about the community but piloting an anime spaceship blowing stuff up is fun, if only for a little while.

Ryzom also has an unlimited free trial but you are restricted to the starter island.