Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I guess every game has griefers...

Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189

As the Title says I guess every game has young immature griefers that get pleasure by harrasing noobs that dont have a chance in hell at even scratching thier tank.  As i found out last night.  I was happily collecting LPs in Kaunokka high sec when some ass in an intercepter that flew faster then my noob missiles started stealing my cans to try get me to shoot him (which would have been realy stupid since im on for 1.5 months and he is a 2 year vet) so I just ignored him. LOL which of course made him MAD!!!

Am i whining you ask yourself well not realy just wondering out loud why COWARDS  like that grief noobs, im all for PVP but not against an enemy where i wont even scratch his tank. There is no honour in fighting like that

Comments

• GlacianNexGlacianNex Member UncommonPosts: 652

It is about having fun at someone elses expense. They dont have balls to go out into 0.0 because they know they will be ganked by mulitiple people that are guarding the gate. So they go into sec space and try to have some fun by feeding off noobs, there are people like that in every game, problem is people people confuse them with actual PvP.

As for honor issue, I would say 60% of people who play MMOs dont give a damn about "honor", to a point I can kind of agree with them because it is the word people like to hide behind when they were unprepared for battle or get backstabbed, but hey it life, no one said it will be fair and games that resemble life like EVE will not be fair either. You were not ready? Well that is too bad because you are dead now, next time be ready.

Originally posted by Stumpy26

As the Title says I guess every game has young immature griefers that get pleasure by harrasing noobs that dont have a chance in hell at even scratching thier tank.  As i found out last night.  I was happily collecting LPs in Kaunokka high sec when some ass in an intercepter that flew faster then my noob missiles started stealing my cans to try get me to shoot him (which would have been realy stupid since im on for 1.5 months and he is a 2 year vet) so I just ignored him. LOL which of course made him MAD!!!

Am i whining you ask yourself well not realy just wondering out loud why COWARDS  like that grief noobs, im all for PVP but not against an enemy where i wont even scratch his tank. There is no honour in fighting like that

• Stumpy26Stumpy26 Member Posts: 189

Well I didnt die  I just ignored him and watched him seeth in his own anger cos i didnt fall for it. Then he started dropping cans with smack talk and such .. to be honest i think he was more angry then i was .  About the honour thing yeah Im also going to throw it out the window now  

• Rod_BRod_B Member Posts: 203

Hey, just petition his cans with smacktalk etc. That'll piss him off even more once he gets the GM mail that warns him

In the end, who had the best laugh there if I may ask ?

Exactly

Well after the initial shock "OMFG im getting harrased by a 2 year vet in sec space" passed my heart was beating 1000 beats a minute. I guess I had the best laugh  Although I dont think he will forget me very quikly .

Just a question? in sec 0.5 space how long will it take before an attacker gets concorded?

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848
    It varies a little, but the last time I tested it, I think it was 20 seconds before concord showed up. Once they show up the aggressor pretty much dies instantly if they aren't in a BS.

BTW, aren't you using a forum avatar from someone who posts on these forums quite a bit? I can't remember his name, but he definitely has a larger postcount than you.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

Originally posted by Desalus
    It varies a little, but the last time I tested it, I think it was 20 seconds before concord showed up. Once they show up the aggressor pretty much dies instantly if they aren't in a BS.

BTW, aren't you using a forum avatar from someone who posts on these forums quite a bit? I can't remember his name, but he definitely has a larger postcount than you.

20 secs ok so if i were in a ferox and he braught a bs he could toast me b4 concord finishes off the job?

and bout my avatar Ive had this avatar eversince I started posting on forums(and i do like it very much).  take a look at www.patnix.nl under the forum and look for warmonger.

• Originally posted by Stumpy26 

Well, I used to think like that too when I was a T1 newbie.  Problem is, power corrupts and this is so true in EVE.

Bottom line... I fell to a simple philosophy when I got my T2 gear/ships.

"NOW IT'S MY TURN!!!!"  Yup.  There it is.
  • CryptikCryptik Member Posts: 52
    Yeah you will find them in Eve just like anywhere else, but overall I would say that eve has the most mature players I have came across. Most of the players who seem to be attracted to the game are older.
    But avoid the escrow market as it is 99.99% scams. I can't believe that CCP ever thought that that window would work well.

• McgreagMcgreag Member UncommonPosts: 495

That's when you fit a ship specificly to kill him and greif him back :)

"Memories are meant to fade. They're designed that way for a reason."

• JohantaJohanta Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by Cryptik
    Yeah you will find them in Eve just like anywhere else, but overall I would say that eve has the most mature players I have came across. Most of the players who seem to be attracted to the game are older.
    But avoid the escrow market as it is 99.99% scams. I can't believe that CCP ever thought that that window would work well.

That's what "Inspect Merchandise" is there for. Escrow is good as it's not restricted to your current region and you can restrict escrows to players or corporations. Check out one of the latest dev blogs with details on the upcoming contracts system that will replace escrow. Looks sweet =)
  • JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419

Originally posted by Stumpy26

If everyone was the same and thought the same then the Eve universe would be a pretty dull place to live.