Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seeking a new obsession.

Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Right now, I'm torn between WoW and EQ2 as to which game to get into. I played WoW until it was as boring as it could get, so now I'm checking out EQ2, but SOE's rap sheet isn't exactly noble (yeah, I played SWG until it hit CU, then I just got bored, and the next thing you know the NGE comes out and seals the deal).

I heard RF online tanked, the death penalty on FFXI is painful, and EVE-online's levelling system (i've played it for 30 days) is most annoying. Saga of Ryzom could use a facelift and RO is a page right out of a "hello kitty" manga... if one ever existed.

Any suggestions? Possibly counters to what I've said or reasons to return to or try out other games I've mentioned?

Comments

• devils_hymndevils_hymn Member Posts: 322
    eq2 is good

• moptopRPGmoptopRPG Member Posts: 49

O yah that is rely helpful lol "Eq2 is good" lol  I would say give EQ2 a try.  It is very similar to WoW except that their is less PvP and more role play.  I say give it a shot, I know soe has a bad record, just give them another chance.

Peace Out

~*(MMOs)*~
    ATD3, ACEO, AoC, AO, AC, CO, COH, COV, DAC, DR, DDO, EO, EVE, EQ, EQ2, Flyff, GW, HG:L, HO, KO, L2, LotRO, MS, MUo, PotBS, PS, RagO, RF, ROSEo, Ryzom, SB, SWG, TLA, TMO, V:SoH, WO:AoR, WOW

• katriellkatriell Member UncommonPosts: 977

Ryzom is good for former SWG players.

-----------
    In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on August 13, 2008.

• binjuicebinjuice Member Posts: 363
    Yes EQ2 would be your best bet since your gaming style seems to lean towards it heavily. Keep in mind, you can look at the far left set of forum's. They are MMO's and they do tell you what they are like (from bot MMORPG reviews and player reviews) Why doesn't anyone read these before they pos here, or are we just too lazy to click nowadays....

"Just because there are other colours to use in chat does not mean you have to use them..." - Please follow