Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lets be serious WoW Fans

Warhammer Online will be the end of you

Played: WoW, DAoc, EQ2, Nexus, Vanguard, Ryzom, Auto Assault

Future: PoTBS, WAR

Comments

• JodandoJodando Member Posts: 280
    And so it begins...

• KyorutoKyoruto Member Posts: 794
    Like I've said time and time again. With EA; I'm scared. Though I will be one of the frist to buy the game.

Siehst du mich
    Erkennst du mich
    Ganz tief in meinem Herz
    ist noch ein Platz f?r dich
    Ich suche dich
    Ich sehne mich
    nach dem was ich geliebt hab
    doch ich find es nicht

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    By the time warhammer comes out WoW will be 3? years old. If I'm still playing WoW when that happens I'll move on from a great game to what I hope will be another great one. So for WoW fans it's a win either way.

• periodperiod Member Posts: 56
    EA? you mean the game that destroyed ultima online? The only true PVP game on the market? They turned it into a 2D less graphal no quest watered down version of diablo 2?

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848
    Blizzard  will probably release the expansion around the time WAR comes out. So all those WoW fans will have a huge amount of new content to play, and I doubt too many of them will be buying WAR until they get tired of WoW(which will be a while). 

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

Well i hope they dont jump ship and start playing WAR..  let the raiding freaks/kiddies stay in one place

kthx

• theanimedudetheanimedude Member UncommonPosts: 1,610

Originally posted by Desalus
    Blizzard will probably release the expansion around the time WAR comes out. So all those WoW fans will have a huge amount of new content to play, and I doubt too many of them will be buying WAR until they get tired of WoW(which will be a while).

nope the WoW exp is slotted for end of this year, and WAR isn't till next... unless i've gone insane, which is completely possible ::::12::

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by theanimedude

Blizzard will probably release the expansion around the time WAR comes out. So all those WoW fans will have a huge amount of new content to play, and I doubt too many of them will be buying WAR until they get tired of WoW(which will be a while).

nope the WoW exp is slotted for end of this year, and WAR isn't till next... unless i've gone insane, which is completely possible ::::12::

No you havnt.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• SpathotanSpathotan Member Posts: 3,928

Originally posted by MuffinMan

Provode some backbone to your post and maybe youll recieve a proper response. Or did you make this 1 liner post of assumptions, speculation, and maybe as far as bullshit to be taken seriously?

These two games are completely different. WoW is a PvE game, Warhammer will be PvP. Its like comparing EverQuest to tennis.

"There's no star system Slave I can't reach, and there's no planet I can't find. There's nowhere in the Galaxy for you to run. Might as well give up now."
    — Boba Fett

• IdesofMarchIdesofMarch Member Posts: 1,164

/wonders why he didn't post this in the WoW section of the forum, where in mere seconds his limbs would be separated and scattered by rabid gamers with sneering grins and bloodlust in their eyes.

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

Congrats on counting your chickens.

Talk to us when they hatch.

• GreyfaceGreyface Member Posts: 390

Ultima Online 2 will rock BOTH WoW and WAR.  So a hearty "neener-neener" to you all!

• AnagethAnageth Member Posts: 2,217

Originally posted by Greyface

Ultima Online 2 will rock BOTH WoW and WAR.  So a hearty "neener-neener" to you all!

Yeah, pity EA axed UO:X

No longer visiting MMORPG.com.

• GameloadingGameloading Member UncommonPosts: 14,182

I thought you said "lets be serious"?
  • ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Anageth

Originally posted by Greyface

Yeah, pity EA axed UO:X

Correction:  They Axed UOX, UXO and UO2

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• shaeshae Member Posts: 2,509

/sigh

you need a hobby.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977

EVE rocks and all other MMOS past, present and future grovel at it's feet begging for mercy like the worms they are!

/me sings

"Come children, of Eden pray to me on Dominion day!

Pray for your salvation, and sanctury on Dominion day!

Your nightmare is breathing, this is Dominion Day!

Welcome to your saviour, this is Dominion day!

This is my, new kingdom, this is Dominion day!

Creation bleeds for me, this is Dominion day!"

/me sticks a fork in his leg to fight back the fanbois attack!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Originally posted by theanimedude

I'm guessing Blizzard will once again delay it even further so that the launch date goes into 2007. I believe I heard this from gamingsteve, but anyways it's Blizzard...they have to delay it more than a few times, or else it just wouldn't be like them.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• XtromassXtromass Member Posts: 662

watch this http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php
  • SuitepeeSuitepee Member Posts: 921

Originally posted by Spathotan

These two games are completely different. WoW is a PvE game, Warhammer will be PvP. Its like comparing EverQuest to tennis.

The lack of purposeful PvP in WOW,other than the battleground grind (which is pretty much 'a grind') and the occasional outdoor-PvP-on-the-way-to-a-PvE-instance-thats-more-annoying-than-fun-at-times is what made me quit WOW. I don't regret my time in WOW though; it was fun while it lasted.

Ever since quitting,I haven't felt the urge to return,although I will be looking into their expansion to see if they restore/create any outdoor PvP with a purpose. Granted,the sight and sound of outdoor WOW PvP would be enough to make me come back (as would the enjoyment of 10 more levels to slice through),as their GUI is so nice to play with;until then,no dice. Of course,deleting all my equipment/gold/quests won't help,but I'll think of it as a challenge.

I think WAR,like WOW has it's past fanbase to draw upon,and since it's callling attention from the seemingly disgruntled WOW community,it has something there to build upon. EA's takeover could mean anything,and it's better to start judging upon the beta release rather than throwing wild speculation. I mean,to my knowledge I havent yet seen ANY gameplay videos of WAR released. (if one has been released,link me please.)

For all we know,EA Mythic could release a MMORPG of good proportions,and then we'd all be happy.  Except maybe Blizzard,but by that time I'm sure Blizzard will be working on WOW 2. The success of WOW won't go un-noticed by them,not at all.

• Distortion0Distortion0 Member Posts: 668

Please, WoW, take this idiot back. The WAR comunity does not want him.
  • MuraisMurais Member UncommonPosts: 1,118

Originally posted by Suitepee

Originally posted by Spathotan

I mean,to my knowledge I havent yet seen ANY gameplay videos of WAR released. (if one has been released,link me please.)

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/article/war-news/warhammer-online-e3-video-roundup.html

There's a few of them.
  • DuraheLLDuraheLL Member Posts: 2,951
    The END of the whole MMORPG genre will be this redicilous childish unecessairly stupid and stinking "battle" between THIS IS BEST and THAT SUCKS.

$OE lies list
    http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
    "
    And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

• HocheteHochete Member CommonPosts: 1,210
    Not now EA have got it :P

• giddgidd Member Posts: 89
    ive benn supporting warhammer in about every post even the ones about other games and WOW. So yeah some might be scared since EA did...err i forgot i think iit bought mythic or something but that wont effect the game at all all EA will do is get on the cover of the game and help with money for the game i belive. Warhammer has always entertained me in the past and its about time WOW was knocked down. Hopefully  plp other then u guys who in all your post thought like WH is awesome which it will be will realize the games vallue in entertainment is very high compared to a lot of other MMORPGS. YEs i do love this game i can tell since when i heard about it...well lets just say i spilled my drink on my pants.