Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Its a melee word...(PvP)

VanillacreamVanillacream Member Posts: 344
Casters are cool. I have allways liked them, esp healers.

So I go on and make an Inquisitor. I have great fun and enjoy it alot as I knew I would (played on the PvE servers).

But then I hit PvPing. I'm worthless. "interrupted,interrupted,interrupted" Is all I see in my combat window.

Thinking it will get better as I level I stick to it...
Now level 26. Same story. I cant stand up to a fight.

Still sticking to it....
Now level 35. Same story. "interrupted,interrupted,interrupted".

Deleted character.

Thinking "ok that was a healer, not really focused for combat. Lets try a Wizard".

Same thing this time. I play til level 32, but follow suit. Delete character.

Is it just me or are Melee really the only way to go when it comes to PvP in EQ2?

Now before you start saying I have to point out I did not lose EVERY battle. Sure I won over low level characters, but then again who cant? I am looking at even fights with only a few level differances.

Few PvP games I have played are so flawed when it comes to casters and PvP then EQ2. Its the king of...well..."interrupted" casting. I have no buffs or even shields that can at least help out in a pinch...

Seems Casters are casted out when it comes to PvP....

Comments

• ObadnoObadno Member Posts: 401

Im a 44 conj, casters are good in pvp, you just need to stay alert because if your caught off gaurd your dead.

THe only mage class that can easily recover from being caught off gaurd are necros, which are insanly overpowerd.

basicly if you want to be succsessfull at pvp as a caster you need to duo with a tank or scout, so the melee class is distracted while you are free to nuke the crap out of them!

The new EQ2, better than ever befor !
    don't click this link...

• ColdmeatColdmeat Member UncommonPosts: 3,407
    I consider it payback for the days of Manaburn+Instaport to Nexus. 

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Just to give you an idea, the overall (accounting for all PvP servers) top 10 in PvP kills has three non melee's in it.

Sitting at number two on that list is a Fury.

Also in the overall top 10 in kills is another Fury in position 9 and a Necromancer in position 7.

All the other in the top ten are taken up by scout classes.

So i guess more melee types fill the spots but it goes to prove with two furies and a necro in the top ten that it isnt totally dominated by melee's.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Flem

Just to give you an idea, the overall (accounting for all PvP servers) top 10 in PvP kills has three non melee's in it.
    Also in the overall top 10 in kills is another Fury in position 9 and a Necromancer in position 7.
    So i guess more melee types fill the spots but it goes to prove with two furies and on a necro in the top ten that it isnt totally dominated by melee's.

Hey Flem, have you tried out a Fury Class? And if you did are they any fun to play with a PvP server?
  • FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Originally posted by HiGHPLaiNS

Originally posted by Flem

So i guess more melee types fill the spots but it goes to prove with two furies and on a necro in the top ten that it isnt totally dominated by melee's.

Hey Flem, have you tried out a Fury Class? And if you did are they any fun to play with a PvP server?

Havent tried out the Fury as yet, people i know that play a Fury seem to enjoy them though.
  • RomokoRomoko Member Posts: 95
    is it that melee dominated? i haven't played, but in wow, us warlocks could use a spell like Fear. That would make all ppl around you run around like idots for 15 seconds as you attack them. So, if u mastered fear, u would almost never get hit... Whitch, casued a problem, so they created ammys that would dispell fear. So, i guess the point of this post is... does EQ have a fear? LOL

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Originally posted by Romoko
    is it that melee dominated? i haven't played, but in wow, us warlocks could use a spell like Fear. That would make all ppl around you run around like idots for 15 seconds as you attack them. So, if u mastered fear, u would almost never get hit... Whitch, casued a problem, so they created ammys that would dispell fear. So, i guess the point of this post is... does EQ have a fear? LOL

casters on the eq pvp servers have it pretty rough in the beginning, however I am unsure with the necro class since I never played it.