Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about the Progression Servers and whether or not il like EQ..

mjm0508mjm0508 Member Posts: 7

Well I have been intrested in EQ for a long time... I played Everquest Online Adventures( before I had a good comp) and I like it alot, I even miss the exploring I did in that game. I have also played EQ2... annnd I thought it was decent played it off and on for a few months but it couldnt keep my attention really... felt like there was to much to do and keep organized and there really wasnt alot of exploring, hated the zoning..

I thought about playing EQ but the one thing that keep me back was the low level population/new players.. of course. How is the exploring in EQ, is it a vast huge world with some intresting useless/useful things to see?

Now the progression server came out like a week ago right? how is the population on this/these servers? Would this be a good time for new players to join?

Comments

• TithrielleTithrielle Member Posts: 547
    EQ1 has the best exploration of any current MMO, period. Progression server is released later today, so EVERYONE will start out at level 1... the perfect time to join.

• CinidilCinidil Member Posts: 63

Originally posted by Tithrielle
    EQ1 has the best exploration of any current MMO, period. Progression server is released later today, so EVERYONE will start out at level 1... the perfect time to join.

Exactly why I am joining the game today as well.  Only 3 hours or so to go
  • mjm0508mjm0508 Member Posts: 7

Well I wont be able to start playing for a week or so..... I hope I can take part in opening expansion and so forth....

Also im a bit of a PvP person... is there a way to duel other players? Dueling would be enough to satisfy my pvp.

• GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by mjm0508

Well I wont be able to start playing for a week or so..... I hope I can take part in opening expansion and so forth....
    Also im a bit of a PvP person... is there a way to duel other players? Dueling would be enough to satisfy my pvp.

Nope, no PVP except in the arenas and no one in EQ duels so you loose on both accounts there.

As to the expansions unless you can get to 50 in a week don't plan on being in on any firsts, the FOH members are in the upper 30's 4 days in so you are already several months behind for a normal player.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    Progression servers are more crowded than the busiest WoW server. Last night at midnight there were 75 people in Blackburrow, and that's slow for the progression server.

• MalakaiMalakai Member Posts: 147

Originally posted by Gnomad

Nope, no PVP except in the arenas and no one in EQ duels so you loose on both accounts there.

As to the expansions unless you can get to 50 in a week don't plan on being in on any firsts, the FOH members are in the upper 30's 4 days in so you are already several months behind for a normal player.

100% untrue about the pvp aspect.  You can also pvp people that have hailed the discord priest and turned in the discord book.  This will turn you "red" and flag you for pvp to all other players who have done the same.  And if you think that no one ever does this then you must not be playing on the Sleeper server.  I have seen MANY reds running around on Sleeper.  More so then any other regular server that I have ever played on.  And I have been playing EQ off and on since 2000. 

As a matter of fact I saw a guild of reds running around outside of Nek one day.  I forget the name, but they had Sullen Zek as a part of their guild name.  So if you are looking for a fight come to Sleeper .

• GnomadGnomad Member Posts: 377

Originally posted by Malakai

Originally posted by Gnomad

100% untrue about the pvp aspect.  You can also pvp people that have hailed the discord priest and turned in the discord book.  This will turn you "red" and flag you for pvp to all other players who have done the same.  And if you think that no one ever does this then you must not be playing on the Sleeper server.  I have seen MANY reds running around on Sleeper.  More so then any other regular server that I have ever played on.  And I have been playing EQ off and on since 2000. 

As a matter of fact I saw a guild of reds running around outside of Nek one day.  I forget the name, but they had Sullen Zek as a part of their guild name.  So if you are looking for a fight come to Sleeper .

Sleerper is the unofficial PvP server for all the people that want Sony to give them a progession PvP server that is why there are so many on there.

PvP has always been a joke in EQ on any server other then Sullon Zek. At least it was all out war on there but once PoP came out and the focus turned totally toward PvE raiding then PvP died out in EQ. Sony took the worst rule set and rolled all the PvP servers into one and that was basically the beginning of the end for PvP. I am suprised that Zek is still alive with the fanciful numbers that the devs are quoting as needed for a "sucessful" server. If there are not enough people to justify a PvP progression server then they should pull the plug on Zek now since it appears to have even less people then they state are needed.

Of course Sony never releases any actual data including the actual results of their polls that "prove" their point. Guess they don't want the truth to be known, like so many stealth nerfs over the years. A poll that you don't release the results of is suspect at best when you quote it as fact.