Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To play or not to play?

nynnivanynniva Member UncommonPosts: 235

Thinking about playing this - but as far as I can see, it is one of the only games out there that has no way to download a client or a trial of the game. Correct me if I'm wrong? Link me away to starting FF happiness? I play these sorts of games with my boyfriend, and going out and buying two copies (assuming we could find them) when we have no idea what to expect is just a bit beyond the budget at the moment. I've read a lot of good things, and would like to check it out -

Gaming? That's not gaming!
That's just people sat 'round in costumes drinking...

Comments

• RinicRinic Member Posts: 715
    FFXI doesn't offer free trials. SE knows that their game isn't bad, so they don't need to offer free trials. Afterall, if the game was bad, it would be named Star Wars Galaxies, anyway. It's a good game, read other posts in the forums.

• dandy230dandy230 Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Then just buy one copy and see if it's worth it. Would cost 8-10 big ones per person. I doubt that'll make you go bankrupt.

• CelestianCelestian Member UncommonPosts: 1,136

Originally posted by Rinic
    FFXI doesn't offer free trials. SE knows that their game isn't bad, so they don't need to offer free trials. Afterall, if the game was bad, it would be named Star Wars Galaxies, anyway. It's a good game, read other posts in the forums.

Bzzzt, wrong.

They don't allow trials because it sucks rocks.

The best thing about FFXI is the fact you can multi-class but the rest of the game makes you want to jab your eyes out with a spoon.

• slayeeerslayeeer Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Celestian

Originally posted by Rinic

Bzzzt, wrong.

They don't allow trials because it sucks rocks.

The best thing about FFXI is the fact you can multi-class but the rest of the game makes you want to jab your eyes out with a spoon.

argh, nononono!!!

FFXI is one of a hell of an mmorpg. is had the whole package. u need to get used to the game, thats it.

and i think why they dont have any trails, is becouse they know much people can find information about FF, and choose if they wanna play it. and when they think the want, they can buy the game, and just play for 30 days for free. if they dont like it then, they dont have to pay.
  • T-o-h-m-aT-o-h-m-a Member Posts: 42

Originally posted by slayeeer

Originally posted by Celestian
    Originally posted by RinicFFXI doesn't offer free trials. SE knows that their game isn't bad, so they don't need to offer free trials. Afterall, if the game was bad, it would be named Star Wars Galaxies, anyway. It's a good game, read other posts in the forums.
    Bzzzt, wrong.They don't allow trials because it sucks rocks.The best thing about FFXI is the fact you can multi-class but the rest of the game makes you want to jab your eyes out with a spoon.
    argh, nononono!!!FFXI is one of a hell of an mmorpg. is had the whole package. u need to get used to the game, thats it.and i think why they dont have any trails, is becouse they know much people can find information about FF, and choose if they wanna play it. and when they think the want, they can buy the game, and just play for 30 days for free. if they dont like it then, they dont have to pay.image

Omg run for cover x.x *feels argument about to arise* lol. kk IMO, FFXI is a crazy sweet MMO, good graphics, insanely good community, sweet ass PvE, cool job and job changing system, etc. But yeah, not everyones going to agree with me x.x SE doesn't put out a free trial cause it doesnt feel like it lol, not cause the game is soo good that they don't need to and not because the game sux. It comes with a 15 day free trial once you spend like the $10 to buy it... so if you don't like it, well you don't have to continue playing it, but if you do like it than you can be like "omg yay!" and pay the $15/mo to keep playing.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352
    The game is so cheap to buy, there is no need for free trials. As always, SE does it different and they are to some extend a very arrogant company. They know very well that they do not need the marketing or freebies.

Of all MMORPG available now, FFXI is unrivaled if it comes to:

Story
    Immersion
    Amount of content
    Character Design
    Animation and detail of Monsters and Players

Sure, the Graphics engine is not top of the line effects loaded. But the attention to detail is fascinating. If you ever watched the Dolphins following the Bibiki Bay Boat on a sunset while traveling over a coral reef, you will know what i am talking about.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"