Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3 = Guild Wars

BurnBabyBurnBurnBabyBurn Member Posts: 44

I've heard very recently from a VERY good source that Guild Wars was going to be Diablo 3, let me explain.

Before all ANet left Blizzard.N they were designing from what i heard Diablo 3 then O'brian and the rest of them which were involed left Blizzard .N so then without the key designers Blizzard .N put Diablo 3 on hold, then in secret (this is why the never told no body untill it was half finished) ANet were carrying on Diablo 3 BUT they've called it Guild Wars.

Now thats intressting in it own right but my source also said that Blizzard .N are going to finish Diablo 3 and go up against Guild Wars and theres a possiblty of Blizzard helping Blizard N to some degree i'm guessing with graphics and the engine.

So if ANet was never formed we could be looking at Diablo 3 and that would have ment Blizzard would have ruled the MMOG market with D3 and WoW.

I don't expect you to think its true, to be honest i have doubts but i have to trust my friend and he hasen't been wrong before well he was on HL2 but that was out of his control dam hackersimage.

"Fear Not What Death Brings But Nor What It Gives"

Comments

• BaranorBaranor Member Posts: 13
    I've been following blizz since 1992, and I highly doubt your source is right.

*Disclaimer*

I am an alpha-tester at arena.net. We have been appointed "ambassadors" to share our experiences with GW, but us alpha-testers are no offical spokespersons. GW is far from done and the game, and our experiences, change on a daily basis. You are getting a view at a game being developed, not at the finished product .

*End disclaimer*

*Disclaimer*

I am an alpha-tester at arena.net. We have been appointed "ambassadors" to share our experiences with GW, but us alpha-testers are no offical spokespersons. GW is far from done and the game, and our experiences, change on a daily basis. You are getting a view at a game being developed, not at the finished product .

*End disclaimer*

• darkmandarkman Member UncommonPosts: 767

COULD be, But I still doubt it. And I also doubt Blizzard N plans on releasing Diablo 3, but possible.

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35
    Whoever told you that is adding 2 and 2 together and getting 600.  That's the most ludicrous thing I've ever heard.  For starters it can't be done simply for legal reasons (even with a new name, they can't directly take anything they did at Blizzard and make it into a game ... Blizzards owns the intellectual rights to that material).

• I dowt itimage but it would be pretty interesting if it were troo.

I live life a 1/4 mile at a time for those 10 secons or less i'm free-Vin Diesel The fast and the furious.

• ZzuluZzulu Member Posts: 452
    stuffimage

Heh

• BurnBabyBurnBurnBabyBurn Member Posts: 44
    Hey don't start blaming me, we just hav sessions over Msn Messenger sharing each other rumours and he came up with that one and i gave him the WoW beta date in return and i was clearly correct image

• BaranorBaranor Member Posts: 13
    You posted this nonsense, not your MSN pal. You made the decision to post a rumor, so you take the blame for it. And that your WoW release date was correct means nothing at all for GW.

*Disclaimer*

*End disclaimer*

*Disclaimer*

*End disclaimer*

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

It would be of significant importance for you to go directly to arena.net or the guildwars main site and read up the history of the company. ArenaNet was formed by a few people that used to work for Blizzard that in fact helped design the diablo series but GW is far from a Diablo 3 and a matter of fact by actually investigating and learning of the game the only similarities that really exsist is that there both free to play.

Graphically GW is far better and the skill set, abilities, questing, etc. are way different than a hack -n- slash romp through Diablo 1 or 2. Now to not slag on Blizzard I have played Diablo since the the beginning and have loaded/unloaded and went back and forth with D2 for a few years. When I get bored of the MMO market and have nothing to play I reload D2 for some fun. It still is a a fast paced great hack-n-slash but to say GW is in all actuality the next D3 is simply ludicrous amd I will leave it at that.

Through your fear I am reborn. My hand of grief can't be ignored. You know my name.... yes you know who I am. Frustrating turmoil again and again. I am the spike that drives through your hand. for i am eternal battering ram!
    Zakk Wylde

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• BurnBabyBurnBurnBabyBurn Member Posts: 44

Ermmm i didn't say IT WAS Diablo 3 i said if all those ex Blizzard lads stayed at blizzard then it would have become Diablo 3.

Also i think i've ben following ANet and GW a little longer than you so don't start acting like you know it all lad.

• FlamingBoiFlamingBoi Member Posts: 206

hmm.. DIABLO 3? .. doesn't sound good to me.. any more to do with diablo.. ...image

sick of it.. wonder how you guys stand it image

• GhostRaptorGhostRaptor Member Posts: 35

Guild Wars is very definitely NOT D3. I don't care how you explain it, the two do not compute.

• sonicbrewsonicbrew Member UncommonPosts: 515

just not worth anymore time!

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb   

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009
    conspiracies everywhere...

• GogitowGogitow Member Posts: 9

I don't believe that rumor.  However, I do believe it is conceivable that the now ex-Blizzard employees wanted to make WOW a free to the public game and was overruled by the corporate overlords at Blizzard.  Not that I heard this as a rumor it just seems like a better possibility to me.  Look at how many people still play Diablo II just because it is free to the public.  Also look at the number of people on the Diablo II boards that say they will never pay a monthly fee for a game.  Seems like the people that left Blizzard are trying to tap into a section of the market that has been ignored by MMORPG developers.  I guess we shall see in time if they made a smart business move.

• McygeeMcygee Member Posts: 76
    This is the second post in a row I've read (right after sonicbrews post on alpha info) where flamers just come on and are flat out mean for no reason.  The guy just gave a little rumor he heard, big deal.  This community shouldn't be full of jerks who just come to rag on other people.  Go to the VNboards or something if you want to troll the boards flamming people.

"Getting it is easy. Filling it with illegal substances and sending accross the border is not."
    -Ignignokt

---Playing---
    Asheron's Call

• v_nikonv_nikon Member Posts: 6
    The rumor I dont believe, but i will say this, it would apear that the devs at NCSoft are going back to their roots. Did anybody notice the 2 new chars for the Factions beta? Take a real good look at them. The assasin, Except for traps which were given to rangers, is the same basic character as the D2 assasin, the Ritualist... DRUID ANYONE? It has these wonderful spirits that either heal or fight.... hmmm... my D2 druid has those too only they are called pets. Did anyone notice the assasin's movement? That god awful run of theirs, set your D2 LOD res to 640x480 and run around outside, itsb the same graphic only now its 3D...... I was hoping for something better out of the GW expantion, not a LOD remake in what used to be a good game.
  • achellisachellis Member Posts: 542
    if diablo 3 or what ever you want to call it comes out i dont think that many people wil buy it because i just think that series is over!!!!!!image

• exanimoexanimo Member UncommonPosts: 1,301

i never played diablo but from what ive seen in screen shots ... mmm , dont think so.

and btw , guildwars is the best game on the planet

• 8hammer88hammer8 Member Posts: 1,812

Originally posted by neoteo
    i never played diablo but from what ive seen in screen shots ... mmm , dont think so.
    and btw , guildwars is the best game on the planet

I was not even gonna reply to this thread but I have to check something.....v_nikon, Achellis and Neoteo.....did you guys hit some time rift that made this thread, started in 2004 and last replied to in April of 2004, somehow relavent in any manner? Are you just finding old post and trying to revive them? Leave dead threads about irrelavent rumor topics dead....no need to break out the paddles and try to revive them.

Remember....this is not a flame...I am concerned for your health. ::::12::

"It is easier to be cruel than wise. The road to wisdom is long and difficult... so most people just turn out to be assholes" Feng (Christopher Walken)

• KazanukariKazanukari Member Posts: 74

if this is true the only way to find out is by waiting for Diablo 3 and see if there are alot of simalarites but i highly doubt it because i didnt hear any thing about this and if this is truw y didnt blizzard or battle.net take credit for it? arena.net didnt work with diablo neither did NCsoft so how would this happen? by now u would hear blizzard bragging about it AND WHERE THE HELL DID U HEAR THIS??? ::::12:: seriously, was it ur friend? a website? if u heard it on a website, wat website? im sure we would all wanna see it and im sure if this was true one of us would have heard of it