It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
This may be of interest to those seeking an improved Classic UO type game with modern graphics:
“Darkfall isn’t just generic Fantasy-themed WoW-clone number 852. The
game will feature a robust PvP system that unlike the majority of
current MMO titles, will be very fast paced. Also unlike many current
MMOs with PvP, player skill will often be the determining factor in
combat. “You have the character skill” says Lead Programmer Kjetil
Helland, “but what will matter as much is the player’s skill”. And
you’d better have some skill, because in Darkfall, you won’t find
things like safezones to protect you. You can attack, or be attacked at
any time, in any place.
Of course, with this freedom comes
responsibility, killing members of your own race will have a huge
impact on your character’s alignment. Soon enough he’ll be known to all
as evil, and will be unable to trade in most cities, and may even be
attacked on-sight by town guards. This alignment also extends to all
characters on your server, so players will have to be accountable for
their actions, regardless of which character they are currently
playing. You had better watch where you aim that fireball too, because
Darkfall doesn’t feature any form of friendly-fire protection.” - Darkfall Preview
you enjoyed Classic UO, then check out Darkfall Online. Darkfall's been
in production for over three and a half years, with a beta fast
approaching. Dedicated forum go'ers and community members will likely
have preferance in said beta, so get involved! An official push to
organize clans is already underway, so get your friends together and
give it a try.
1. Full, unrestricted PVP and looting, ala classic UO.
2. Player owned ships and naval combat.
3. Darkfall has player housing, player controlled NPC mercenaries and building construction!
neon, ninjas, robots or uber game unbalancing artifact
weapons - just actual armor and weapons from medieval times, including
large siege weapons.
5. Outstanding crafting system and economy. Players in Darkfall actively compete for crafting resources in brutal, racial PVP battles. NPCs do not have limitless supplies of gold or resources and they react differently depending upon your alignment. Almost everything is craftable.
6. Modern 3D graphics and game world. Darkfall does not look like ass.
The developers are dedicated players themselves and have a clear vision
and goals for their virtual world, one of which is that it is realistic
as possible; its not run by a large corporation like EA.
8. Not a leveling treadmill, you have skills much like Ultima Online. Reviews have compared the game to the original UO. Darkfall officially has over 500 different skills!
9. Viable punishments and deterrents for evil role-players.
10. Guarded areas in racial towns.