Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question about clans

LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
I'm too lazy to install WoW just to read the rules, but if you can help that would be helpful. I was wondering if it was against the rules to form a clan that only allowed members that belonged to a certain group of people ie. (Mexicans, Christians, Men). 

Comments

• theratmonkeytheratmonkey Member Posts: 684
    Even if, I don't think a guild would get that large.
    First time advertising something like "ALL WHITES GUILD" you'd get flamed from hell and back.

And in my honest opinion, I would hate to be in a guild like that.
    ( I think the closest thing they have to that ingame is the race/class specific guilds, like only Night Elves, All rogues, etc. )

Groovy.

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    You can its up to you who joins the guild but the guild name cant be something offensive, and I would guess the way you recruit people cant be offensive eaither.
  • AbeliusAbelius Member Posts: 19

Originally posted by Ludovico
    I'm too lazy to install WoW just to read the rules, but if you can help that would be helpful. I was wondering if it was against the rules to form a clan that only allowed members that belonged to a certain group of people ie. (Mexicans, Christians, Men). 

Ummm... why would you want something like that? Christians? You need to give away Bibles? Mexicans? Even if it's about speaking Spanish (and others would not understand it) there is ppl speaking Spanish outside Miexico too... Men? Ummm... I rather not comment on that one.

Cordially,
    Abel Kay

• AfritAfrit Member Posts: 288
    You can if you want, but I wouldnt count on it being a hit.

The only guilds I have seen like that are Femme Fatale (Only female guild on EU Ravenholdt server) and some only danish guilds.

• LudovicoLudovico Member Posts: 47
    Thanks alot for the answers. As i said i dont even have WoW installed i quit a while back. I just wanted to know to rest my mind because i heard that their was a guild that was shut down because they were exclusive to gay/lesbian/transexual people. 

• hell_fire_69hell_fire_69 Member Posts: 129

there is a guild on my server called "La Tarde" where only French people are allowed in just dont make a guild saying "Whites Only" make a guild and only allow certain people allowed.

• Deadhead905Deadhead905 Member Posts: 54

Originally posted by theratmonkey
    Even if, I don't think a guild would get that large.
    First time advertising something like "ALL WHITES GUILD" you'd get flamed from hell and back.

And in my honest opinion, I would hate to be in a guild like that.
    ( I think the closest thing they have to that ingame is the race/class specific guilds, like only Night Elves, All rogues, etc. )

I've seen a couple of religion based guilds. I don't think that they restrict only a certain religion to join them though. In my opinion starting a guild that discriminates you if you are a different race/religion etc...is not a good idea. It's nice to be in a guild with a diversity of people.

========================
    Wu forever
    ========================
    Currently Playing: WoW
    [Thizzin: Level 80 Undead Mage(Mug'Thol PvP)]

• hotarthotart Member Posts: 59

Everything is fine as long as it is not all those vulgar words that insult ppl ( rumour that a guild call 'blizz rocks' got better gear in raids...as in drop rates..)So keep up the good work!

By your friendly

A warsong sever, pally who is call lexki

• hotarthotart Member Posts: 59

Everything is fine as long as it is not all those vulgar words that insult ppl ( rumour that a guild call 'blizz rocks' got better gear in raids...as in drop rates..)So keep up the good work!

By your friendly

A warsong sever, pally who is call lexki