Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So the grind?

AnindelAnindel Member Posts: 66
I played in cb and beginning of retail, is the grind still like it was?

Comments

• RayanaRayana Member UncommonPosts: 525

Originally posted by Anindel
    I played in cb and beginning of retail, is the grind still like it was?

Only slightly less, but they raised the level cap to make up for that.

------------------------------------------------

Playing: Final Fantasy Online: ARR, Destiny
    Most memorable games for me: UO, GW1, LoTRO

• ENVIEEEENVIEEE Member Posts: 11

the grind is worse because of the raised lvl cap imo.

the amount of exp you need to get from lvl 77 - 78  is about the same amount of exp you need to get from lvl 1 - 60. if you dont like grinding dont play this game. thats all it is and the only way you can have fun with the pvp is by grinding to a lvl where your player is actually effective in pvp and with all the lvl 78s now you would have to be at least 60 + to be able to enjoy it.

the pvp is the best ive ever had tho! this game, even tho its scored low on this site, is the only mmorpg ive ever stuck with all the way since CB and like my profile says... "ive played it all...."

there is a really high amount of bots tho so if you want you can just bot your char all the way up to the lvl cap in a couple of months when acutally playing you char to lvl 78 would take over a year. they hardly ban anyone for doing this and is one of the reasons y this game is not fun.

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Still a grind, just like all MMO's.

Pick your poison, they are designed to put you on the hamster-wheel, if you don't think so you are fooling yourself.

I've tried 'em all and can sum it up as follows...

Player, show me kill 10 ____ and come back for an uber reward. Or have fun in WoW grinding out the honor points as they slide back and forth every week or do raids over and over so you can get the uber gear, so you can grind out more honor points. bah.........grind, its all the same crap. 

• anakinsellaanakinsella Member UncommonPosts: 228

Originally posted by Torak

Pick your poison, they are designed to put you on the hamster-wheel, if you don't think so you are fooling yourself.
    Player, show me kill 10 ____ and come back for an uber reward. Or have fun in WoW grinding out the honor points as they slide back and forth every week or do raids over and over so you can get the uber gear, so you can grind out more honor points. bah.........grind, its all the same crap. 

Pretty much.

Some games act like they don't have a 'grind' or try to hide it, WoW being the best example. "HEY look at us, we don't make you grind like those other mean MMO's!...we are about FUN!".....yeah. Just grind out the same courier or kill X mob over and over until you get Y, quests.

And while we are targeting WoW's grind. The Honor/Ranking grind is probably the worst grind out there. 7+ hours a day, every day, if you wanna get anywhere past rank 11.

And Raid's? Don't even need to touch that with a 10 foot pole. That's the worst grind i've ever seen in a game. Makes L2's grind seem like water polo. (no idea what that analogy means, but it made me smile)

:lol: So no, the grind isn't horrific. And if you are comparing it to old L2 grind, then it's actually much better from what i hear, especially the lower levels.
  • TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by anakinsella

Originally posted by Torak

Pretty much.

Some games act like they don't have a 'grind' or try to hide it, WoW being the best example. "HEY look at us, we don't make you grind like those other mean MMO's!...we are about FUN!".....yeah. Just grind out the same courier or kill X mob over and over until you get Y, quests.

And while we are targeting WoW's grind. The Honor/Ranking grind is probably the worst grind out there. 7+ hours a day, every day, if you wanna get anywhere past rank 11.

And Raid's? Don't even need to touch that with a 10 foot pole. That's the worst grind i've ever seen in a game. Makes L2's grind seem like water polo. (no idea what that analogy means, but it made me smile)

:lol: So no, the grind isn't horrific. And if you are comparing it to old L2 grind, then it's actually much better from what i hear, especially the lower levels.

Ah, its good to hear from a WoW vet

yuppers, in WoW if you don't raid, you get your ass handed to you in PvP. (its a gear based game just like L2) and since the only way to get the uber gear is to raid, well you know what to do. If you don't PvP, all you have to do is raid OR re-roll. There is no open ended gameplay. Grind or die! 

There is NO FREEDOM in WoW. DO what the NPC's tell you to do then get out and raid or PvP at cap on SHOOTER STYLE INSTANCED MAPS. Thats it my brother. I actually fell for it myself lol I hit captain and saw there was no way for me to make it any farther without quiting my job. My wife wouldn't let me. I gotta make money to feed the kids and pay the bills hehehe

Nope, L2's grind is more "balanced". Its slow and steady throughout. No shock at endgame like WoW which basically "tricks" you into grinding.

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    The grind is much less harsh than it was in open beta. It's not hard to get to a competitive level now. yes, getting to 78 is a pain, but it's not like your character is gimped if you compare it at 72.

• HeadMunchHeadMunch Member Posts: 11
    Then how fast is it to get to lvl72 - and what have they changed from launch?

• SantaClaws48SantaClaws48 Member Posts: 280
    It would take 3-4 months if you played a lot. 1-25 is much easier because of noob buffs and benefits. Money and the drop rate was improved significantly. Xp is much better as well.