Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installin the CD

roublesroubles Member Posts: 30

Yeah, tried 6 times...uninstall/reinstall, download the new launcher "patch" and still got an invalid password/login name message or error reading a file, or bla...bla...bla...image

So I twisted the F---ing CD till it cracked!!! Guess I don't have to worry about that one anymore. It just would have been nice to get into the game. I wouldn't mind having problems inside the game and trying to figure out "stuff". But when the cd wouldn't even install...well bla...bla...blaimage

And going to their forum for help...well  bla...bla...bla...

Comments

• YordoYordo Member Posts: 831
    Hmmm...I don't think anyone else has had this problem.  Did you wait for a response from the Saga of Ryzom website?  It could be that your system specs don't meet the requirements or some other error...Since you cracked the CD, I guess there is no chances now, lol.

::Yordo::
    EQ2, UXO, Lineage 2, KO, Guild Wars, City of Heroes

• roublesroubles Member Posts: 30
    lol...well yes there were many other people who had problems and none who had answers. But like ya said doesn't really matter now. And it isn't my system because the cd installed for about 5 minutes where I actually was designing my characater. I then had to leave the game for about an hour and when I went back there was an error message, and I never could get it to install again. I have upgraded my video card and play Earth and Beyond all the time.  image

• FozzikFozzik Member UncommonPosts: 539

>>well yes there were many other people who had problems and none who had answers<<

Um, what you really mean I think is that there were many other people with problems, and none that had read the FAQ. In your attempts to get the game working before destroying your CD... did you happen to read anything on the beta boards? Maybe do a search for threads pertaining to your problem?

The solution to the problem you were having (which is actually a known problem and many people have solved it) is in the FAQ. I know it is... because I wrote it. =P

Oh well, your loss.

*waves*

fozz

image Oh well my loss/not really since I have no idea what the game was about it don't suppose I lost much.

Um, I did go to the FAQ and Um, I happened accross the beta site and Um, I did do what was mention 6 times, or Um, did you not read that part...bla...bla...bla

>>...not really since I have no idea what the game was about...<<

I know you don't have any idea what the game is about. That's painfully obvious. But I do, and that's why I said your loss. ;)

No real reason to argue with you, as it's a done deal. As I said, many people who have read the FAQ and followed simple directions were able to log in just fine. I have no doubt you did something 6 times... but it definately wasn't the right thing... since you weren't able to log in.

fozz

QUIT WASTING MY TIME!!!

WHO FRIGGEN CARES!!!

Are you going to snap me in half like the CD?

I'm pretty scared.

Me thinks you need to perhaps relax a little. Take some deep breaths. The next CD you break might be one you paid for.

*snore*

fozz

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

Lol i think hes starting to get angry at himself for breaking hte CD now that how knows how to fix the problem.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...