Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with free trial

RichhRichh Member Posts: 28
I downloaded the free tiral, and after I install it it requierd an update. While updating I get an error saying:

'This client cannot update your Dark Age of Camelot installation bacause a large number of key files are missing or corrupted.

Please re-install the game from your installation CD and try again.'

I tried re-installing the game 3 times but I get the same error everytime. Has anyone encountered this problem before?

Comments

• RichhRichh Member Posts: 28
    I wish DaoC had a forum.

Whats the most popular forum site for daoc?

• qotsaqotsa Member UncommonPosts: 835
    http://support.darkageofcamelot.com/kb/article.php?id=389

their support page. forums I don't know anymore. The only page I ever really used when I played DAoC was this one.

http://daoc.catacombs.com/index.cfm

• TerridolTerridol Member Posts: 123
    Maybe when EA takes over they will get some decent forums on the herald

imageimage

I guess the only thing I can do is redownload the install file and hope it work the second time around

Gotta wait another 8 hours now =(

• TerridolTerridol Member Posts: 123
    you on dial up?

imageimage

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    Forums are not going to happen for any Mythic game on an offical basis as long as Mark still has a roll in managing Mythic.  He is against offical forums.

As for your problem, I have had it as well without even using the trial.  I simply double-click the to try again and it works.  So, if you have not tried it at least 3 times do so and see if that solves the problem.

You can also update windows if there are any missing patches.  Sometimes this helps.

Last, something happened on the download that corrupted the file.  Try downloading it again from a different site and make sure you have a good download manager.  Then try reinstalling it again.

Also, if you reinstall, make sure you have uninstalled the previous attemps. 

• eziroeziro Member Posts: 4

hi, i too downloaded the trial client and am getting the same problem.. downloaded my copy from fileplanet

my brother too downloaded the trial client and got the same problem as well

did windows update, etc etc

we're suspecting that maybe we have to download trials of atlantis as well, but if that still doesn't work..

anybody know what to do?

I re-downloaded the game using a download manager (Download accelerator plus) and was able to install it successfuly

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    Mythic has a fantastic Tech support staff you can contact via IM, Email and Phone.... I'm assuming you didn't bother to call them?  They'd have had you fixed in a few minutes, or on the way to one.

Generally not much in the way of hold time either when calling them.  DAOC is a very stable game so they don't get a lot of calls unless there's a major outage going on.  (Rare).

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• eziroeziro Member Posts: 4

ok found out how to fix the problem

had to enter the test server (camtest.exe), get the update from there, then run dark age of camelot and it gets to update=)

• GannithGannith Member Posts: 31
    I had the same problem. I solved it by downloading the patch from their website. It worked fine with the patch installed, but the patch was rather big. The patch is called the "Isles Catacombs Engine Update". I guess this also updates the graphics engine.

• RomokoRomoko Member Posts: 95

Try downloading it from MMORPG.com ( this site )

that's what i did and it worked fine =)

( that was yesterday )