Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't play....

Nemesis13Nemesis13 Member Posts: 11

So I picked up a copy of EVE for $3.99 at the local discount store and installed it. Went through the registration bla bla bla. When I click on the shortcut to start the game I get a small window filled with stars and two errors. A System Error and an Audio Error, then it appears as if the launching program locks up (no loading bars or whatever) For a game rated at 8.3 I am thouroughly unimpressed lol. I haven't had this type of problem with a game since the launch of Quake II. Of course I guess I get what I paid for and $3.99 for a tiny window full of stars seems like a reasonable deal.

Comments

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Nemesis13

So I picked up a copy of EVE for $3.99 at the local discount store and installed it. Went through the registration bla bla bla. When I click on the shortcut to start the game I get a small window filled with stars and two errors. A System Error and an Audio Error, then it appears as if the launching program locks up (no loading bars or whatever) For a game rated at 8.3 I am thouroughly unimpressed lol. I haven't had this type of problem with a game since the launch of Quake II. Of course I guess I get what I paid for and $3.99 for a tiny window full of stars seems like a reasonable deal.

Try downloading the latest client from the site instead of trying to use one from a CD that is over 3 years old. You should have better luck then.
  • motorcycmotorcyc Member Posts: 15
    Yes, I doubt that the patch program on that CD would work at all anymore, there have been at least 2 expansions since then.   Oh, did I mention that the expansions were free?

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

So just because you computer sucks it's EVE's fault????    Specially if your computer was around at the launch of Quake 2.

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• RollinDutchRollinDutch Member Posts: 550

A few months ago, I remember seeing a post from one of the BHs that patching all the way up from retail CD to present wouldnt work anymore.

Just download the client from the website, your CD key will get you a free month of gameplay when applied to your account.
  • motorcycmotorcyc Member Posts: 15
    Go ahead and download the game and tell us what you think... most mmo's that are that old will have some problems coming back up to present.  If you tried to install the original everquest CD's you wouldn't even get it to go into setup if you are running windows xp.

• Lt.DeadendLt.Deadend Member Posts: 325

Eve-online needs to be downloaded,The box is frightfully old and dont work anymore.you spent 3.99? good deal,but in a way you only got a key code for that much the rest was junk lmao,.just DL the game and you will be fine.
  • apollo99apollo99 Member Posts: 55
    It's a great deal. You basicly got 1 month for 3.99 *envy*

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077
    I'm shocked he found a box of it :)  LOL he must be in europe.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• heocatheocat Member UncommonPosts: 178
    Since you havn't registered it yet kill that game and download the newest version then use the play code on your box for your free month. If that don't work you can look here for 2 week trial for free then pay 19.99 for the game and get another month with price so 1.5 months for 19 bucks still not bad GL