Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Demanding graphics?

RichhRichh Member Posts: 28
Does anyone know if DaoC will work well on a laptop with an intergrated video card?

1.8ghz
768mb ram
up to 128mb shared video memory

If anyone one with a similar laptop can give some feedbackk, that would be great

Thanks

Comments

• JulianDracosJulianDracos Member UncommonPosts: 1,528
    I can't say about a "similar" laptop or not.  Your CPU and ram meet the requirements to play.  The issue is with your video card.  It needs to be fully directx9 compatible.  If it has like an ATI and Nvidia logo on the case, then chances are it is.  If it doesn't, then you need to check with your manufactuor to find out. 

Unless your laptop is older than 3 years, I would say you are probably safe.  It might not give you the best performance, but even with 128mb shared, you have 512 left for the game.  I think it will play it, at the worst case you might have to turn off some of the bells and whistles in large scale RvR. 

• TerridolTerridol Member Posts: 123

I've had alot of trouble with my laptop playing daoc.

The reason is that most of the laptops today cept for the top of the line ones, like alienware and the DEll XPS mobile have inadquete vid cards.

The game is designed to run with certin features such as openGL, pixel shader, 3dnow, and of course DX9c.

If your mobile vid card doesn't suport these features you will have alot of issues while playing the game.

imageimage

• RichhRichh Member Posts: 28
    It does support directx9 but its not ati or nvidia, Its an Intergrated SiS M760GX.

I can run games like SWG and WoW, but they run very very choppy, more than Im willing to deal with.

My hopes are that DaoC will work well enough to play without being annoyed by slowdown or game lag.