Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Network Issues

outlaw6outlaw6 Member Posts: 8

I've played this game for a long time now, but I think I'll quit. All the disconnecting (I'm from europe) is too annoying. In other games at least you spawn back where you were disconnected, but in Guild Wars you have to start all over and it simply sucks.
Why waste my time if there's a good chance I will be disconnected before finishing my mission?

It's really obvious that the network code has alot in common with Diablo 2, because they both have these issues.

Anyone experiencing something similiar?

Comments

• paranoidpvpparanoidpvp Member Posts: 539
    No, I've never had this problem, even when I had dial-up. Something is wrong with your compy or your connection.

• TeeBeeNZTeeBeeNZ Member Posts: 259
    Since factions was released something has chaged in the server code which is causing some james bonds, they're working on it.

• VGJusticeVGJustice Member Posts: 640
    Double-Check your router/modem while you're at it. I'm still getting pretty bad lag and latency which is caused by my DSL Modem, nothing on their end. Also, I'd talk with your provider before you go and blame the game for your troubles.

--~~--
    Play Guild Wars? Go here - http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Main_Page
    And go here for the new official Guild Wars Wiki! http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Main_Page

• outlaw6outlaw6 Member Posts: 8

I don't just blame the game. All my clanmates have had the same problems and I can run any other game 24/7 without disconnecting unless the server is restarted.

When I drop out the game, my computer is still online, Teamspeak etc. It's just the game that boots me.

It IS a server problem, why do you think they shut down the server yesterday and tried to fix it? I've been hunting with my clan for ages and I can't think of the last time we had a full team until the end. There's always someone dropping out because of disconnect.

I also stated that I am from europe, and it is a known fact that european servers perform worse than your north american ones.

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371
    I'm from North America, and actually venture to International Districts quite regularly.  I find them a lot quieter when I play, and have less lag then when on the American servers.... And since I live in North America and experience no lag on an international server I don't see it being solely the servers fault.

• TigerchaTigercha Member Posts: 182
    Always amazes me, does not matter which forum or game there is always one, even happens on Professional IT Forums, the one person who says "this sucks coz I get disconnected all the time" well mate heres some news for you "YOUR SYSTEM, ISP or ROUTER KIT SUCKS", get it fixed, have you ever considered asking if anyone else gets disconects, do you not think that if the server infrastructure was fecked, that possibly, maybe the entire forum would be flooded with people complaining and asking for refunds.