Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

buying/selling isk

phrogphrog Member Posts: 15

I was wondering if CCP enforces this.  I know I am a newb and get the evemails with ads all the tie after I post in the rookie channel, but is this enforced in the game?

Are buyers or sellers banned?

I know in SWG it was not enforced and that in WoW it is practically blatant and talked about without any repercussions.  Sometimes you hear of a seller banned, but the buyers never are and just go to a different farmer.

Does CCP enforce their rules?  I mean it seems kinda silly to when you could buy a time card and just sell it for isk.

Comments

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by phrog

I was wondering if CCP enforces this.  I know I am a newb and get the evemails with ads all the tie after I post in the rookie channel, but is this enforced in the game?
    I know in SWG it was not enforced and that in WoW it is practically blatant and talked about without any repercussions.  Sometimes you hear of a seller banned, but the buyers never are and just go to a different farmer.
    Does CCP enforce their rules?  I mean it seems kinda silly to when you could buy a time card and just sell it for isk.

Petition under harrasment any eve-mails you get from isk-sellers, gm's will hit them with the banhammer quickly.
  • motorcycmotorcyc Member Posts: 15
    There is a legal way around this.  Players are allowed to sell game time codes to other players for isk.  So, if you were to want to get a monitary equivalent out of this, you could make a bunch of isk and buy a game time code, but that's the extent of what CCP will allow, directly purchasing isk or any other item for real money is prohibited.

• duncan_922duncan_922 Member Posts: 1,670

Originally posted by Minsc

Originally posted by phrog

Petition under harrasment any eve-mails you get from isk-sellers, gm's will hit them with the banhammer quickly.

Good to know... I've been getting a few myself

SOE knows what you like... You don't!
    And don't forget... I am forcing you to read this!

• Rod_BRod_B Member Posts: 203

Those characters mailing the isk sellage spam are trial accounts and probably are hit with the banhammer within half an hour of sending those mails.

Then the guy behind the site makes a new trial acc and char using a different IP and starts over.

It's a new thing tho, CCP will deal with it sooner or later. so far its midly annoying, nothing much more.

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Well, CCP doesn't allow it.  The problem is that its just to easy to be the farmers.  Free trial accounts that, when trained correctly at spawn, can have the trial character in a Cruiser within a few days.  It's simply way too easy with the resources the farmers have to farm and sell ISK.

But, that doesn't mean CCP allows it.

The game tie cards, in my theory, is allowed because it keeps two people playing Eve at the cost of two subscriptions.  Somebody is simply trading ISK to another player for buying them a subscription.  Its kind of like the signature contests over on the Eve-O forums.  People are given ISK for those, but the siggy has no benefit to CCP.  The thing is though, that the player that is giving away the ISK... made it "legally" as determined by the EULA.  ISK sellers make their ISK "illegally" with macros and hacks.  I believe that's what the difference is, and why one is allowed and one isn't.

But, no... CCP does not allow ISK sales.

Also, the Chinese server will cut down on ISK sales drastically.  I'm not saying that all Macro farmers are Chinese.  I'm simply saying that a lot of them are, and that lot will be forced to play on a different server than the rest of the world.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • Rod_BRod_B Member Posts: 203

The reasons CCP allow the gtc for isk transfers are as follows:

1. It moves profit from farmers to CCP, profit they lose when they take the usual ineffective suppressing stance on this practice.

2. It actually creates competition for the farmers since a gtc -> isk trade cuts out the farmer and thus costs the farmer a client for each deal. Theoretically this could actually destroy farming within eve for sale out of game totally since a farmer can never compete pricewise and always has thedownside of being the 'illegal'option.

3. They can use the basics of this system for more services paid for by money/isk deals between players, like goodies from the Eve Store for example. Most of that is extra cash for CCP.

4. given enough time and success they can enact limitations on the system that's in place now, to curb the most excessive use (people who pump thousands of dollars into the game and people running twenty accounts purely based on isk for gtc's).

All in all, one f the more realistic solutions to the RMT problem in the genre imo.

• JMoney95JMoney95 Member Posts: 211

Generally the amount of ISK you can get for a GTC is about the same or more than the same amount of money buying ISK directly. So while odd, and obviously opposed by some, it seems to be a smart way for CCP to slow the ISK sales, slow the farmers, and generate themselves more profits. Especially since it's just people with alot of isk that buy the GTC instead of paying monthly subscriptions.

If you are creative enough, or driven enough, you could essentially play EVE for free. Only costing you some 270 million ISK every 3 months. (270 million isk isnt THAT much with the way this game works, although it sounds like alot)

• FrenziFrenzi Member Posts: 34

Originally posted by SobaMan

Well, CCP doesn't allow it.  The problem is that its just to easy to be the farmers.  Free trial accounts that, when trained correctly at spawn, can have the trial character in a Cruiser within a few days.  It's simply way too easy with the resources the farmers have to farm and sell ISK.

You can't transfer ISK from a trial account....I tried to give some to a mate who just started last night and it wouldn't let me due to me still being on a trial account.

It would seem the only way to ban the real accounts is to make a purchase from them.....they should prevent eve-mail on a trial account I think......its not a major hassle to not be able to send mails to players

• pihlssitepihlssite Member CommonPosts: 213

CCP have stated a comment over those so called ISK sellers

report them too CCP. CCP dont like the  trading of  ingame items for irl currency .

However  you can trade isk for time game cards and  ccp allow that.

CCP however are talking about "closing that option down also"

• SobaManSobaMan Member Posts: 384

Originally posted by Frenzi

Originally posted by SobaMan

You can't transfer ISK from a trial account....I tried to give some to a mate who just started last night and it wouldn't let me due to me still being on a trial account.

It would seem the only way to ban the real accounts is to make a purchase from them.....they should prevent eve-mail on a trial account I think......its not a major hassle to not be able to send mails to players

You can't trade ISK, but you can trade items.  The cruisers in high-sec are macro mining... and they trade the minerals and ore they get to a paid account.

We can agree to disagree, or we can bicker constantly... either way, I'm right.
    SobaKai.com
    There are two types of people in this world - people that suck... and me.
  • CryptikCryptik Member Posts: 52
    Most of the places that do real money transfer already have an out. They will get you to put an item on escrow, something like ammo then name it "Raven BPO" or something. Put the dollar amount in as the amount you wish to purchase from them and then they buy the item in the game. If a GM questions it you were doing an escrow scam, happens all the time in eve.